Question for the Badgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the Badgers

I'm booked to be in Madison 10/29-11/1, mostly to see UNH play at Wisconsin.

I'd also like to attend the Badgers-Boilermaker football game that afternoon. Are Badger tickets like Packers tickets? What's the best way to get one?

Any suggestions on what else to see while I am there?

Thanks in advance.
    AKA Boguniecki 33 on the road, except at UMass Amherst, and Magness Arena, where I can't get enough of Mowers, Mowers, you s**k!

Re: Question for the Badgers

Best bet is to try to get a scalped ticket. The scalpers usually hang out on the bike path at the corner of Regent and Monroe across the street from the south end of the stadium.

As for what to do while you're there? Lots of bars will be packed for the football game, and I can put together a list of restaurants and such that you can check out near campus... but are you also talking about sights to see around town during the weekend, or are you mostly thinking of stuff to do before and after the games, on campus?
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mowers10 View Post
      Could you do me a favor while at the hockey games?
      At the end of the anthem, could you please yell "and the home of the WILDCATS"? I think Timothy A's head might explode if you did that, and that would be interesting to see.

Thanks! If you do that, I'll buy us a pitcher of Long Island's in Detroit that we can share with two straws.
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

The 2nd intermission disco.
        'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

As for what to do while you're there? Lots of bars will be packed for the football game, and I can put together a list of restaurants and such that you can check out near campus... but are you also talking about sights to see around town during the weekend, or are you mostly thinking of stuff to do before and after the games, on campus?
          I thinking about what to do around town, not necessarily on campus.
          AKA Boguniecki 33 on the road, except at UMass Amherst, and Magness Arena, where I can't get enough of Mowers, Mowers, you s**k!

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
            At the end of the anthem, could you please yell "and the home of the WILDCATS"? I think Timothy A's head might explode if you did that, and that would be interesting to see.
            Wildcats instead of brave, Brian? I'm pretty quiet at hockey games, and do respect the anthem. I'll still let you buy in Detroit though....assuming you make it. No one taunted me in the poster's game, and you missed my assist.

Comment

I'd second what EODS said. I was hanging out right near the trail he's talking about on Saturday maybe about an hour before gametime. There were a decent number of people walking around with tickets. Just know your price and hold firm. If you are looking for a bunch together it might get a little more interesting, but if you are just looking for a pair or a couple of pairs I see now way you shouldn't be able to get in for slightly under face and be able to see kickoff from decent seats. If you are wanting any assistance, I'd be glad to talk offline and help you out. Just don't expect as much friendliness once the puck drops later that evening.
              Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
              2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
              2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
              Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

I'd also like to attend the Badgers-Boilermaker football game that afternoon. Are Badger tickets like Packers tickets? What's the best way to get one?

Thanks in advance.
                You'll get a better sense of ticket availability as you get closer to game time, but you shouldn't have too much trouble getting in for face value, given that the opponent is Purdue.

As far as stuff to do around town, the great thing about Madison is how the campus and the town mesh together. During that weekend, the Farmer's Market should still be going on (Saturday morning, around the Capitol Square). That can be fun people watching, and you can then have a nice stroll from the square to the game, across town. It can be done, even with the 11am kickoff. If you're going to be nursing a hangover from Friday night, maybe not the best idea, however.

Also, that's Halloween weekend in Madison. So, yeah. Should be fun.
                "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                  LOL. Actually my head's pretty much empty, so it would be rather anticlimatic. I've been posting since 2002, I think you would have noticed that since we're both trolling the WCHA threads all the time.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
                    I'd second what EODS said. I was hanging out right near the trail he's talking about on Saturday maybe about an hour before gametime. There were a decent number of people walking around with tickets. Just know your price and hold firm. If you are looking for a bunch together it might get a little more interesting, but if you are just looking for a pair or a couple of pairs I see now way you shouldn't be able to get in for slightly under face and be able to see kickoff from decent seats. If you are wanting any assistance, I'd be glad to talk offline and help you out. Just don't expect as much friendliness once the puck drops later that evening.
                    I'd be on your side during the football game, if that helps any.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      LOL. Actually my head's pretty much empty, so it would be rather anticlimatic. I've been posting since 2002, I think you would have noticed that since we're both trolling the WCHA threads all the time.
                      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I bought a ticket today for the football game. Go Badgers!

I'm in Section B, which isn't so good, but I'm excited to see a Big 10 game live.

(Of course, UNH beat Northwestern a couple of years ago, and we'll be at Minnesota 9/15/2012)

Game's at 11? That means I have to get out of bed

Stadium looks huge on television. What's capacity?

Comment

I'm in Section B, which isn't so good, but I'm excited to see a Big 10 game live.

(Of course, UNH beat Northwestern a couple of years ago, and we'll be at Minnesota 9/15/2012)

If you get there at 11, you'll beat 2/3 of the students.

Capacity is something over 80,000. Be sure to stay until at least the start of the 4th quarter; the students do 'Jump Around' between 3rd and 4th and the whole stadium rocks!
                          Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

FreakFest on State Street Sat. nite; I won't be there, but most of the students will.
                            Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Section B's not bad. What row are you in?

And yes, 11 am games suck.

Official capacity at Camp Randall is 80,321.
                              "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Working...
                              X