X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Planet © 2009

Continue...

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S1013101.shtml?cat=1

On the news tonight they said the woman was arrested after an altercation at the hospital...

Baby Killed After Van Runs Over Tent Near Redwood Falls

A 4-month-old baby was killed Sunday morning after a van ran over the tent he was resting in with his parents.

The incident happened just before 8:30 a.m. Sunday at the Beaver Falls Campground near Morton. That's located about 12-miles east of Redwood Falls in Renville County.

The Renville County Sheriff says the infant, his mother and father were all resting in their tent when a van, trying to back into a nearby parking area backed over the tent. The mother and baby were dragged under the vehicle.

The mother and baby were taken to the Redwood Falls Area Hospital. The baby was announced dead on arrival. The mother was being treated for non-life threatening injuries.

The woman who was driving the van was arrested and is being held in the Renville County Jail pending formal charges.

Re: Nice Planet © 2009

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_arti...818896&catid=2

Man upset over fireworks shoots teen

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- A 14-year-old boy was shot and critically injured Saturday night, allegedly by a neighbor who was upset about fireworks going off in his neighborhood.

The victim remained in critical but stable condition Sunday night. Relatives said he was removed from a medically induced coma Sunday and is slowly improving.

The teen was at an annual Fourth of July party with relatives on St. Paul's west side. D.J. Footh, the boy's cousin, said they were outside lighting fireworks near E. Belvidere St. and Oakdale Ave. During a brief lull in the fireworks, they saw the boy grab his neck.

"All of a sudden we look over and he just stumbled back," D.J. Footh said. "And then we just saw the blood."

They quickly realized the boy had been shot. Mitch Godwin, a family friend, immediately applied pressure to control the bleeding.

"I was able to just take my military training and basically just keep him stable and make sure he's breathing OK and just kept the bleeding from bleeding out," Godwin said.

Comment

4 charged with digging up graves and reselling the plots
      @#$% Calgary, Go Oilers Go

Your mom is so fat that the escape velocity at her surface exceeds 3*10^8 m/s

Originally posted by Jon
      I'd much rather be in WI.

Comment

When recycling goes awry.

I must be losing it because I find that kinda funny.
        Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

North Korea and Iran close to having the bomb.
          World economy in shambles.

And what's on the mind of world leaders?

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slides...356552547.jpg/
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

I like how they're both clearly thinking the same thing, yet the caption tries to act like nothing out of the ordinary is happening
            @#$% Calgary, Go Oilers Go

Your mom is so fat that the escape velocity at her surface exceeds 3*10^8 m/s

Originally posted by Jon
            I'd much rather be in WI.

Comment

http://www.twincities.com/ci_12809470

Murder charges: South St. Paul mom told children they'd go to Jackson's Neverland as part of suicide plan

Authorities believe Patricia Becht fed her son and daughter 10 tablets apiece of the mood-stabilizer Seroquel, and then downed 25 herself in an alleged murder-suicide attempt

They say the heavy dosage is likely what killed 10-year-old Michael Becht, Jr. and sent his mother and sister to the hospital.

According to murder charges filed today in Dakota County, Becht left a suicide note for her 16-year-old daughter to find at their South St. Paul home. It said that she and her two younger kids were at peace: "I don't have much to say, only that we are happy to be gone."

(Later in article...)

Becht told police that after the death of celebrity pop star Michael Jackson, the kids had asked her about Jackson's Neverland ranch, and she told them "that Neverland was a place for kids to go, and it was similar to heaven. The defendant went on to say that she discussed going to Neverland with her children as part of their suicide plan."

After his death, police canvassed the neighborhood and spoke with a child who said Michael had recently mentioned something about pills, but Erica had interrupted, scolding him and telling him to get in the house.

Comment

Gimme a ball pein hammer, a coat hanger, and 3 toothpicks. I'll take care of that *ing beech.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
                  People suck.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    People suck. © 2009 ScoobyDoo
                    FYP

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Funny how Obama is thinking about getting screwed when so many of us are getting to or going to get screwed by him. (sorry, this will inevitably start a political poo-tossing contest but..)

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
                      Alas, someone Michael missed at the Ranch. I feel bad for the kids and the 16 year old daughter who has to live with the fact that her mother is a nut job. I'd say this should be an open and shut case, except for the inevitability that she will be found mentally unstable and be sentenced to a hospital. Murder unpunished.

If I was the 16 year old daughter or even the 11 year old, I'd disassociate myself as fast as possible. I'd change my last name, have a new Social Security card and Birth Certificate printed. I'd destroy everything I have that has my old last name on it. I'd destroy every picture I had of her. And, if possible, I'd move out of the neighborhood.

As for the woman, after the guilty verdict is reached, I'd put her in a blank room with one light and one chair bolted to the ground in it. On the chair would be a pistol with one bullet in it. Tell her that she knows what to do and that no one will enter the room until the sound of a gun shot is heard.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Gimme a ball pein hammer, a coat hanger, and 3 toothpicks. I'll take care of that *ing beech.
                      That also works.
                      Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

There should be a new thread titled "Justice" for this, but since there'll be a lawsuit, it belongs here...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31853449..._ny/?GT1=43001

Texting Teen Falls Down Manhole

By Victoria Cavaliere
                        NBCNewYork.com

We all know that walking and texting is a tough combination -- but a Staten Island teen learned the hard way when she fell into an uncovered sewer manhole while trying to send a message.

Now, the family of Alexa Longueira, 15, intends to sue.

The girl suffered a fright and some scrapes on her arms back after she dropped into the hole on Victory Boulevard.

"It was four or five feet, it was very painful. I kind of crawled out and the DEP guys came running and helped me," Longueria told the Staten Island Advance.. "They were just, like, 'I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

For its part, the Department of Environmental Protection said its workers had turned away briefly to grab some cones when the incident occurred.

"We regret that this happened and wish the young woman a speedy recovery," DEP spokeswoman Mercedes Padilla said in a statement. She added that crews were flushing a high-pressure sewer line at the time.

The girl was checked out at Staten Island University Hospital and released.

Sewer line workers are supposed to cut off pedestrian access to work sites or at least mark them with warning signs.

The family said they will file a lawsuit -- for what, though, is not immediately clear. Her mother, Kim Longueira, said it doesn't matter that her daughter was walking and texting, and also, the 'gross' factor that can't be ignored.

"Oh my God, it was putrid," she said. "One of her sneakers is still down there"
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          There should be a new thread titled "Justice" for this, but since there'll be a lawsuit, it belongs here...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31853449..._ny/?GT1=43001
                          Yeah, when I saw this I thought it was oh so close to a Darwin Award. Sadly, the pinhead survived.
                          "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

Just one judge, that is all I'm asking, to say "are you kidding me, get out of here and you pay the court costs"

If we get to the point where you don't even have to look where you are walking then we have abdicated personal responsibility completely.

The lawyer that takes this case should be boycotted...the whole issue should be blown up to emphasize the insanity of our current situation, in hopes that we can somehow turn the corner and start heading back to where people have to be responsible and you can't sue everybody for everything hoping that a jury figures "what the heck, let's give 'em $5 million".
                            I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                              Just one judge, that is all I'm asking, to say "are you kidding me, get out of here and you pay the court costs"

If we get to the point where you don't even have to look where you are walking then we have abdicated personal responsibility completely.

The lawyer that takes this case should be boycotted...the whole issue should be blown up to emphasize the insanity of our current situation, in hopes that we can somehow turn the corner and start heading back to where people have to be responsible and you can't sue everybody for everything hoping that a jury figures "what the heck, let's give 'em $5 million".
                              True, but she's got a pretty slam dunk case if they didn't even set up a couple of cones around the manhole. If it had been a blind person, you know they would be getting something.
                              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                              X