X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nice Planet © 2009

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1 View Post
    Newsflash lady - A 2.7 in IT isn't going to land you a job anywhere and the college is not at fault because you earned marginal grades and chose a crappy career path. Further, you should brush up on your communication skills (both oral and written) because I think I know why you have yet to be interviewed. Additionally, way to screw your career by filing this lawsuit. If you think finding a job was hard, guess what, it just got harder. Finally, I must have attended the wrong school because I do not believe a single person from my university ever called a potential employer on my behalf. The Office of Career Advancement's job is to help you find a job, not find a job for you.

What an idiot...

why does she think she deserves a job over everyone else looking for a job right now, including people with years of experience in their fields? because she can't possibly have to struggle? life isn't working out as she planned, so somebody else has to pay? for some reason, every kid out of college deserves to get a job in their field right away? I'd bet a lot of the 4.0 kids aren't getting hired either, because NO ONE IS HIRING. maybe she's not getting hired because SHE IS INSANE. can you imagine hiring her, then having to deal with her sense of entitlement? what is wrong with people??

Comment

The thing that amazes me most about the story though is the 72,000 bucks for that degree. That degree by anyone who does any research is worthless. She had some rotten advice or she didn't even bother to think about what she was doing. She could have worked at McDonald's and worked up the ladder and she would make more money in the long run AND they would have paid for her training.

You really have to think not only about what you want to do, but how you're going to make money doing it. Anybody in the company can do business administration and classes on network administration in particular are worthless.

Her lawsuit is stupid but schools should work a little harder on not offering degrees that no one wants.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So I just calculated my tuition cost for 4.5 years of mechanical engineering, and after next spring, the total for credits, books and school fees will wind up being just shy of $55,000. For mechanical engineering. From a reputable school. Maybe she added living costs, but you can't really do that since, you know, you would have had to live somewhere regardless. But wow, that's quite a pretty penny to pay for an IT degree...
        @#$% Calgary, Go Oilers Go

Your mom is so fat that the escape velocity at her surface exceeds 3*10^8 m/s

Originally posted by Jon
        I'd much rather be in WI.

Comment

Originally posted by Boosh View Post
          So I just calculated my tuition cost for 4.5 years of mechanical engineering, and after next spring, the total for credits, books and school fees will wind up being just shy of $55,000. For mechanical engineering. From a reputable school. Maybe she added living costs, but you can't really do that since, you know, you would have had to live somewhere regardless. But wow, that's quite a pretty penny to pay for an IT degree...
          Not only that but she could have gone here:

http://www.careersaver.com/

And paid about $1600 a year for any IT Cert she wanted to get, as many as she could get AND not found a job for under $7500 out of pocket.

It's sites like those that have destroyed IT/IS as a career path.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Certifications are for stupidheads anyways.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

From a reputable school.
              I thought you went to Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                I thought you went to Tech.
                Believe it or not, even though our hockey program is incompetent, the school does hand out degrees that will get you somewhere a little more advanced than Wendys

Originally posted by Jon

Comment

Believe it or not, even though our hockey program is incompetent, the school does hand out degrees that will get you somewhere a little more advanced than Wendys
                  Choose your punchline:

1. Such as Applebees?
                  2. What, like the back of a Volkswagen?
                  3. Freddy Meyer is a hack.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    Choose your punchline:

1. Such as Applebees?
                    Even though I feel I will be criticized for not choosing (3), I prefer (2)

Originally posted by Jon

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      Choose your punchline:

1. Such as Applebees?
                      4. Fort Snelling.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I keed, I keed. I have worked with a number of Tech alums over the years and had one working for me at my last place (although he may have been the least impressive of them - and the most fitting of a stereotype ) they've been mostly very good engineers, better than average.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          4. Fort Snelling.
                          so true

But, he isn't an engineer
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            Certifications are for stupidheads anyways.
                            I got a CNE back when they were legit. My MCSE was probably too late to really be legit. The only one I really like anymore is my CNX which doesn't exist anymore.

Comment

I was going to post this in the Guess Who Died? thread, but it's probably better served here. Whether Karma has died depends on whether or not you believe in it. But it cannot be denied: Nice Planet.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32340014...ews/?GT1=43001

Police: 500-pound inmate hid gun in his flab
                                Three separate body searches failed to locate 9mm pistol, officials say

HOUSTON - An obese inmate in Texas has been charged after officials learned he had a gun hidden in his rolls of fat.

George Vera, 25, was charged with possession of a firearm in a correctional facility after he told a guard at the Harris County Jail about the unloaded 9mm pistol.

The Houston Chronicle reported Thursday that Vera was originally arrested on charges of selling illegal copies of compact discs.
                                Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

The 500-pound man was searched during his arrest and again at a city jail and the county jail, but officers never found the weapon.

Vera admitted having the gun during a shower break at the county jail.

Comment

Working...
                                X