Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred Phelps: Time to consider retroactive abortion

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...,4885648.story

This is just so depressing. This "minister" is so repulsive. His "church" so excreble. Who in the name of God sets out to hurt people when they're burying their children? How can this man sleep at night with the pain and anguish he's caused?

I'm inclined to the view that "Rev." Phelps' speech is protected here and if he's the price we pay for a First Amendment, the price is very high indeed.
    While I wouldn't advocate any violence against him I wouldn't exactly lose any sleep if the ageing process were dramatically speeded up in his case.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Re: Fred Phelps: Time to consider retroactive abortion

The irony, of course, is this piece of garbage protesting those protecting the very rights he's exercising.

My brother is in Iraq right now. This man makes me sick to my stomach. But... much like the KKK in Skokie, IL, as long as they're not on private property or infringing on anyone else's rights...

I just threw up in my mouth typing that. I'd proudly wear the cuffs after knocking this ******* out if I were the brother of this Marine.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
      I'd proudly wear the cuffs after knocking this ******* out if I were the brother of this Marine.
      No jury in the country would convict you.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
        While I wouldn't advocate any violence against him I wouldn't exactly lose any sleep if the ageing process were dramatically speeded up in his case.
        I disagree.

I advocate a slow painful death.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

The irony, of course, is this piece of garbage protesting those protecting the very rights he's exercising.

My brother is in Iraq right now. This man makes me sick to my stomach. But... much like the KKK in Skokie, IL, as long as they're not on private property or infringing on anyone else's rights...

I just threw up in my mouth typing that. I'd proudly wear the cuffs after knocking this ******* out if I were the brother of this Marine.
          May God protect your brother and all the others. Actually in Skokie it was the Nazis. Remember the line in Blues Brothers: "I hate Illinois Nazis." Their leader was a guy named Frank Collin (sp) and he was subsequently popped for child sexual abuse. Imagine that.

Comment

I seriously wish one of his idiot followers would do the slightest bit to the Patriot Riders to allow them to invoke self-defense. That person would never walk again.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              I seriously wish one of his idiot followers would do the slightest bit to the Patriot Riders to allow them to invoke self-defense. That person would never walk again.
              Crazy but not stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...,4885648.story

This is just so depressing. This "minister" is so repulsive. His "church" so excreble. Who in the name of God sets out to hurt people when they're burying their children? How can this man sleep at night with the pain and anguish he's caused?

I'm inclined to the view that "Rev." Phelps' speech is protected here and if he's the price we pay for a First Amendment, the price is very high indeed.
                A guy on another MB I'm on posted that Phelps was protesting this weekend near his place and asked the collective there if he should just ram his car right on thru their little protest. The overwelming response he got there was "No, he shouldn't run them over with his car." He should go get something bigger like a Hummer with added brush guard, dump truck, and/or snowplow with the big front blade on it.

Honestly, the whole WBC should just be Nuked from Orbit, just to be safe.
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Didn't someone have a temporary insanity plea upheld after roughing up one of Phelp's buddies?
                  This space for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                    A guy on another MB I'm on posted that Phelps was protesting this weekend near his place and asked the collective there if he should just ram his car right on thru their little protest. The overwelming response he got there was "No, he shouldn't run them over with his car." He should go get something bigger like a Hummer with added brush guard, dump truck, and/or snowplow with the big front blade on it.

Honestly, the whole WBC should just be Nuked from Orbit, just to be safe.
                    They were in my town 4-5 years ago protesting outside a middle school. Yup. Middle school.
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

horrible. outside of the human race. the man has no shame. and apparently the legal right to do what he does.
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

When I see creeps like Phelps exercising their rights unmolested I'm always kind of grimly satisfied. It's one of those times when our system passes a very hard freedom test and shows it's more than just talk.

If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind. -- J. S. Mill
                        I believe the best way to destroy these creatures is let them destroy themselves. That works better than censorship, violence or martyrdom, as again and again criminally insane individuals have tapped into the sympathy of vast groups of social outsiders because they were commonly oppressed.

It would be nice to believe in an afterlife, though. Eternity would not go well for Mr. Phelps.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

They were in my town 4-5 years ago protesting outside a middle school. Yup. Middle school.
                          Yep- my kid was at that school. I was disappointed that no one countered that but the lack of response was probably more effective. It was covered but they looked pretty foolish.

I would love to see the spam guy who worked around all the filters (until they arrested him) figure out a way to reroute all the junk email into their contact us box.

I wonder why no one has figured out how to do a snail mail campaign to flood them with Bible quotes or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            When I see creeps like Phelps exercising their rights unmolested I'm always kind of grimly satisfied. It's one of those times when our system passes a very hard freedom test and shows it's more than just talk.

I believe the best way to destroy these creatures is let them destroy themselves. That works better than censorship, violence or martyrdom, as again and again criminally insane individuals have tapped into the sympathy of vast groups of social outsiders because they were commonly oppressed.

It would be nice to believe in an afterlife, though. Eternity would not go well for Mr. Phelps.
                            Exactly. Collectively we should mokusatu Phelps. Don't counter march, don't video tape, don't interview. He needs the attention. It's not his life's ambition to rage against ho-mo-sex-uality in an empty parking lot with no one around to see or hear him.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              I wonder why no one has figured out how to do a snail mail campaign to flood them with Bible quotes or something.
                              Maybe Bakunin could send him something...

Paging Twitch Boy.....
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                              X