Photo recovery on an xp laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo recovery on an xp laptop

So we got the ol' blue screen. We wound up having to reinstall xp. Now the photos are MIA there is one file of photos we need to find. Any suggestions or software that would help?
    Providence College
    National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Re: Photo recovery on an xp laptop

Ask Hokiedope. He knows everything.
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Netman View Post
      So we got the ol' blue screen. We wound up having to reinstall xp. Now the photos are MIA there is one file of photos we need to find. Any suggestions or software that would help?
      If you reformatted, you could be seriously boned. THere are recovery programs out there but most cost money.

Did you reinstall or just repair?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        If you reformatted, you could be seriously boned. THere are recovery programs out there but most cost money.

Did you reinstall or just repair?
        Well....I thought I was repairing but....It reformated.
        Providence College
        National Champions

Comment

#1 stop using laptop! Everything you do on it could be potentially killing your chance of restoring the photos.

#2 - do you have an external drive? If you have some way of making your laptop act like an external to your desktop, that would be best, but if not, you need an external drive to put a recovery program on AND to put what it recovers on.

#3 RescuePro is pretty good - if you've bought a SanDisk CF or SD, you should have the disk. If not - do you need any extra memory for your computer?

I'll add a couple of other program suggestions in a second as I have to find their names, but STOP USING LAPTOP NOW

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
          HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
          HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

While my laptop warms up, do you still have the cards that you shot whatever is on that file - you might find the programs can restore more from those cards than they can from your laptop at this point. Delete or camera formatting the cards does not actually remove them. Even re-using doesn't remove everything.

HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
            HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Okay, apparently I finally got around to removing all the data recovery stuff I had added to laptop. Here's a thread from my nightmare in Sweden - http://www.sportsshooter.com/message...html?tid=23207 - amazing how scanning through it brings back the same murderous feelings toward the *******s who think I can just go buy something at the store in Sweden. Not Fan-ing (fan = English f word) possible.

Good luck - seriously the cards may be your best bet. If you only have the laptop see if you can use someone else's computer to try to restore from the cards so if you get a better answer re: laptop, you might still have a shot.

HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Hi Melissa,

I downloaded a program that found every jpeg on the computer. I need to empty the temp files more often. I have since found out that my wife had up loaded a good number of the pictures to the Walgreens site so we can get most from them. I am going to borrow a disc from a woman I work with who found it helpful. FWIW I believe my wife will be backing up more often now! Thanks for the help!
                Providence College
                National Champions

Comment

Working...
                X