X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs III: "Don't Toews Me, Bro!"

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
    What makes you think that will go away in Philly? The whistling is coming from one of the coaches I think.
    You beat me to it. I have no idea what anyone is talking about with "whistling", but I haven't been watching on TV. It's not a fan thing.
    "I try to be 100% realistic outside of the arena and 100% enthusiastic inside the arena. Not saying that's the only way, the right way, the best way, or even a good way - just my way." -LynahFan

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      I am bitter though, a co-worker in November promised to buy me a Hossa 'Hawks jersey if they won the Stanley Cup (side story: The ONLY way I would wear a 'hawks jersey is if someone bought it for me AND it was a player I actually liked (ie: Hossa) or an alum of my University. If it was a Hossa jersey, it NEEDED to have a Stanley Cup Champion patch, not just "Finals." ).

Last Thursday he balked at the deal saying he "didn't realize authentic jerseys were $300."
      Unless he's been promising every week since November, rubbing it in all playoffs, etc., I'd understand. $300 is a ton of money to be throwing around on random gifts right now.

However, if he's been gleefully remembering all along and just now decided to check on the price, then yes he's being a tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles View Post
        Between that and Chelsea Dagger, I am so glad this series is moving to Philly.
        Now you get to deal with Bro Hymn by Pennywise, which is about as annoying.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by kennedy View Post
          You beat me to it. I have no idea what anyone is talking about with "whistling", but I haven't been watching on TV. It's not a fan thing.
          Yes, yes it is. It's likely one of the "tweet-tweet-tweet" whistlers in the third deck sitting under the press box (or sitting near a crowd mic) who gets excited EVERY TIME a Blackhawk touches the puck. The Wolves have had the same type of person at their games the last two years. Every time the home team gets into the neutral zone with the puck someone "tweet-tweet-tweet" whistles.

I heard the same noise on the Comcast-Sportsnet Chicago feed for the Nashville and Vancouver rounds.

Just be glad you haven't heard the crowd start "SHOOT! SHOOT!" on the Power Plays. They'll yell it if the 'Hawks are in possession deep in their own end.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Just be glad you haven't heard the crowd start "SHOOT! SHOOT!" on the Power Plays. They'll yell it if the 'Hawks are in possession deep in their own end.
            To be fair, most hockey crowds have at least a few of those people.

Comment

Yes, yes it is. It's likely one of the "tweet-tweet-tweet" whistlers in the third deck sitting under the press box (or sitting near a crowd mic) who gets excited EVERY TIME a Blackhawk touches the puck. The Wolves have had the same type of person at their games the last two years. Every time the home team gets into the neutral zone with the puck someone "tweet-tweet-tweet" whistles.

I heard the same noise on the Comcast-Sportsnet Chicago feed for the Nashville and Vancouver rounds.

Well, I've seen every home game prior to the last two on television, and never noticed it. It's certainly not someone anywhere near the press box, but NBC has ambient microphones installed in every nook and cranny of the building. Maybe VERSUS will monitor crowd noise more carefully in Games 3/4.
              "I try to be 100% realistic outside of the arena and 100% enthusiastic inside the arena. Not saying that's the only way, the right way, the best way, or even a good way - just my way." -LynahFan

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                To be fair, most hockey crowds have at least a few of those people.
                Then there's Tech, where those people are actually in the right
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Unless he's been promising every week since November, rubbing it in all playoffs, etc., I'd understand. $300 is a ton of money to be throwing around on random gifts right now.

However, if he's been gleefully remembering all along and just now decided to check on the price, then yes he's being a tool.
                  Yep, certified tool. (Same co-worker that had to wear Rally Al the Octopus as a hat last year.) He kept mentioning throughout the season that he'd get me the jersey if Hossa and the Hawks won the cup. Every time a Wings player went down, he'd continue to mention how good the 'hawks were and that my guy Hossa will be hoisting the cup... and how he'll get me a jersey to try and convert me to be a 'hawks fan (never would happen, but I'd gladly accept a free Indianhead jersey).

Last week I resigned to the fact that it may just happen and told him I'd want a size 56, which then he told me he backed out of the agreement after seeing how much they cost.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Yep, certified tool. (Same co-worker that had to wear Rally Al the Octopus as a hat last year.) He kept mentioning throughout the season that he'd get me the jersey if Hossa and the Hawks won the cup. Every time a Wings player went down, he'd continue to mention how good the 'hawks were and that my guy Hossa will be hoisting the cup... and how he'll get me a jersey to try and convert me to be a 'hawks fan (never would happen, but I'd gladly accept a free Indianhead jersey).

Last week I resigned to the fact that it may just happen and told him I'd want a size 56, which then he told me he backed out of the agreement after seeing how much they cost.
                    On the bright side, you can now officially be indifferent if they manage to lose.

I'd say you could be happy, but Pronger's name goes on the Cup again if the 'Hawks do manage to choke, so it's a win-lose situation.

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                    Then there's Tech, where those people are actually in the right
                    How do you think I learned to be "that guy"?

Comment

Let's go Philly! Don't make me hate Chicago even more.
                      Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
                        Let's go Philly! Don't make me hate Chicago even more.
                        Agreed.
                        Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by kennedy View Post
                          Well, I've seen every home game prior to the last two on television, and never noticed it. It's certainly not someone anywhere near the press box, but NBC has ambient microphones installed in every nook and cranny of the building. Maybe VERSUS will monitor crowd noise more carefully in Games 3/4.
                          Does this mean you attended Game 1 and Game 2 in person? If so, wicked jealous. How great was the atmosphere?

This series of FAR from over. I won't be shocked if it comes back to Chicago 2-2. The Flees are playing very solid hockey right now.
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X