This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs III: "Don't Toews Me, Bro!"

Bettman's smugness in this interview with Scott Oake is absolutely disgusting.
    Originally posted by Jon
    You call everything.

Comment

Originally posted by 3W View Post
      Bettman's smugness in this interview with Scott Oake is absolutely disgusting.
      Re: Winnipeg. Basically,

"We're doing everything in our power to keep the team in Phoenix. We'll grudgingly consider the Winnipeg option only after we've exhausted every possible Phoenix option. I'm really, really, really, really confident that the team will remain in Phoenix once I've pulled enough strings. We don't even know if the potential Winnipeg owner is suitable yet!!!!!!!! It's just rumors!!!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by 3W View Post
        Bettman is absolutely disgusting.
        FYP
        Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
        Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Re: Winnipeg. Basically,

"We're doing everything in our power to keep the team in Phoenix. We'll grudgingly consider the Winnipeg option only after we've exhausted every possible Phoenix option. I'm really, really, really, really confident that the team will remain in Phoenix once I've pulled enough strings. We don't even know if the potential Winnipeg owner is suitable yet!!!!!!!! It's just rumors!!!!!!"
          To be fair, that franchise could theoretically make more money and have a larger fanbase in Phoenix. But, only theoretically, and certainly not with its current hobbling restrictions. I certainly wouldn't mind having the Jets back up north though, it'd be a great instant rivalry.
          Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
          I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
          Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
            To be fair, that franchise could theoretically make more money and have a larger fanbase in Phoenix. But, only theoretically, and certainly not with its current hobbling restrictions. I certainly wouldn't mind having the Jets back up north though, it'd be a great instant rivalry.
            I would also like to see the Jets back in Winnipeg. I don't really care about all the bull**** politics and pros and cons and money and attendance and yada, yada, yada... I would just like to see them return there

My dad and I went to a game there late in the '94 season (or some other early 90's date). I don't remember who they played (I'm pretty sure they lost), but we had a great time.
            Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Whalers in Hartford before Winnipeg should be allowed to have a team.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                For the 'Yotes to have a good fanbase, they have to remain competitive and make the playoffs regularly, just like every other "Sun Belt" team. Remember when Tampa Bay and Carolina were hailed as the next southern successes after they won the Cup and enjoyed a bunch of fair weather fans?

I'm not against hockey in non-traditional markets (hell, it worked out alright in the football-mad state of Texas - sorry North Stars fans ), but the facts have to be considered.

I'd love to have the Jets back too, but a full analysis should be conducted before we go diving back into a market that was previously regarded as a failure. Sure, people will pay $25 to see a Moose game, but what happens when the price is adjusted to proper NHL levels?

Sorry, I may be an IT guy, but I'm also a business major - I'm required to think about these things.

...and the 'Nucks have given up.

Comment

I remember when this was still a game, 1 minute ago.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                    Whalers in Hartford before Winnipeg should be allowed to have a team.
                    I'm all for moving Carolina back to Hartford. Throw in Colorado to Quebec and New Jersey to Kansas City while you're at it.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Re: 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs III: "Don't Toews Me, Bro!"

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      For the 'Yotes to have a good fanbase, they have to remain competitive and make the playoffs regularly, just like every other "Sun Belt" team. Remember when Tampa Bay and Carolina were hailed as the next southern successes after they won the Cup and enjoyed a bunch of fair weather fans?

I'm not against hockey in non-traditional markets (hell, it worked out alright in the football-mad state of Texas - sorry North Stars fans ), but the facts have to be considered.

I'd love to have the Jets back too, but a full analysis should be conducted before we go diving back into a market that was previously regarded as a failure. Sure, people will pay $25 to see a Moose game, but what happens when the price is adjusted to proper NHL levels?

Sorry, I may be an IT guy, but I'm also a business major - I'm required to think about these things.

...and the 'Nucks have given up.
                      There you go, thinking with "sound reasoning" and "facts and data" again

...and GM place appears to be emptying out
                      Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Order the autopsy on the Canucks. (Stolen line, but I like it.) Bring on the Sharks.
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Vancouver fans are fighting in the stands? LOL.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

If Chicago plays this well, the Sharks are in trouble...and I actually want the Sharks to win for once.

Granted, they've had an easy game here since nothing has gone Vancouver's way, but still...

Comment

Congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks for making the Western Conference Finals.
                              Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Ha! Did you see the dude in the Hawks jersey alone by the glass almost get hit with a beer? Too funny. I thought Canadians were nice.
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X