X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs III: "Don't Toews Me, Bro!"

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    The Stanley Cup Finals got the highest rating in 11 years. Game 1 averaged 4.34 million viewers, and NBC won the night. Among the coveted 18-49 demographic ratings jumped from a 1.2 at 8:00PM to 2.1 for the final half hour. NBC is officially celebrating.

Of course, head-to-head two repeat episodes of "Cops" on Fox lost 1.2 to 1.1 and 1.7 to 1.4, and the NBA on TNT probably tripled that number (or better), but hey, it's party time!
    Is this the point where you tell me which magical NHL teams would have caused NBC not to hate the idea of showing these games since you were convinced that they're ticked about having Chicago and Philly last week?
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Some moves for Philly for tonight.

Ryan Parent is out tonight, Oskars Bartulis is in.

James Van Riemsdyk is out tonight, Dan Carcillo takes his spot.

Let the games begin.
      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        Is this the point where you tell me which magical NHL teams would have caused NBC not to hate the idea of showing these games since you were convinced that they're ticked about having Chicago and Philly last week?
        Those two teams don't exist. NBC covers the NHL because someone thought it would be a good idea to sign a contract. That person has probably been fired.

NBC probably gets better ratings for their Heads Up poker playoff than a standard NHL regular season game, which I think averaged about a .5 rating. Look, I'd love it if people watched hockey games instead of "American Idol" (or a rerun of "Cops"), but they don't. The execs at NBC are going to rave about the numbers because its their job to spin.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          Those two teams don't exist. NBC covers the NHL because someone thought it would be a good idea to sign a contract. That person has probably been fired.
          This is the same network that thought their affiliates wouldn't mind having 5 nights of Jay Leno's 1.3 rating leading into their local news and ended up with option a) pay 40 or 140 million to get rid of a late night host or b) lose all their affiliates. They also managed to lose hundreds of millions on the Olympics. That man has probably actually been promoted.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Stanley Cup Finals may be cancelled

Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Sooooooo, am I the only one watching Game 2 tonight? End of 1, no score. Maybe both teams used up their goals on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Sooooooo, am I the only one watching Game 2 tonight? End of 1, no score. Maybe both teams used up their goals on Saturday.
                TCBG and I were wondering the same thing. I think GLM is working tonight, so he might not be here? We've spent most of the period hating on Carcillo.

Comment

Very entertaining first period.

Reminds me of the second game in a WCHA series - everybody is carrying a grudge and looking for an excuse to make the hit. Both teams are going out of position to make hits ... would not be surprised to see someone give up a goal that way.

My favorite was where Carcillo and Carter both had Kopecky lined up but he sidestepped both at the last minute.
                  Last edited by Farce Poobah; 05-31-2010, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Philly's PK is playing well, but the Hawks need to play better with the man advantage.

MNS - forking genius.

MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Hossa breaks the tie...

1-0 Hawks...

Eager makes it 2-0...here come the floodgates...

MNS - forking genius.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

OK, call me a sap, but I absolutely love the "There are no words" commercial for the NHL. Maybe it's my hockey bias, but I really can't see this same type of commercial being made for the NBA. At least not with the same emotion.

Comment

OK, call me a sap, but I absolutely love the "There are no words" commercial for the NHL. Maybe it's my hockey bias, but I really can't see this same type of commercial being made for the NBA. At least not with the same emotion.
                          That's because in the NBA they'd be shooting their guns in the air to celebrate instead of finding words...

The playoffs have had some great commercials this year...

MNS - forking genius.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

seconded. I think id be speechless just being able to see the cup!

Good game, Leighton is playing well. Second goal was just a laser! Philly looks like they belong and will probably make this series interesting.
                            "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

nice beaks they got on mic
                              "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

This is a fun period...

MNS - forking genius.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X