X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs III: "Don't Toews Me, Bro!"

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    I wouldn't be comfortable with only a two goal lead in this game...
    It's the most dangerous lead. You never want a two goal lead.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Well, the 'Hawks win, even though it was like pulling teeth.

Comment

Blackhawks take game 1, without the aid of any power plays...
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Well that was sieve-tastic.
          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Blackhawks take game 1, without the aid of the phenomenon called "goaltending"...
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

While the outcome wasn't unexpected, the path it took was.

Philly really took Toews, Kane and Buflyn out of their game. Quenneville even broke that line up for parts of the 3rd.
              How many people predicted Boucher would be called on ...
              Philly's hitting forced a lot of turnovers.
              Chicago's faceoff wins (Toews 18 won, 6 lost) meant that Chicago had the puck a lot more.

Bottom line, ever after Philly got a couple fortunate bounces for goals - and a number of missed penalties - Chicago still wins.

Prediction: Hawks in 5.

Comment

Ode to Bufyglien:

(40 seconds in)

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BvvmjdC_tOE&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BvvmjdC_tOE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Comment

Just some stats for everyone, since I got bored. In the 99 games Philadelphia played leading up to tonight's game, in only one game had then not been called for any penalties. That was Tuesday, March 16th, in a shootout loss to Nashville. The time before that? It was during the 2005-2006 season. In tonight's game, Phili had four powerplays to Chicago's none.

On the other side, this is the third time in the past two months that Chicago hasn't been on the powerplay. The most recent one was in the first game of their series against San Jose, in which the sharks were given 5 powerplays.

I kinda wanted to research it just to see how often the 2nd most penalized team in this playoffs managed to make it through a game without a penalty. Philadelphia has 203 penalty minutes this postseason, Chicago is tied for 6th with San Jose with 163. Phili averages about a penalty minute a game more than Chicago.

As for the regular season, Philadelphia was again ranked 2nd in the league in penalty minutes. They reached earned 1,362 penalty minutes for an average of 16.61 per game. Chicago was ranked tied for 25th with 924. The Hawks averaged 11.27 minutes per game. The Flyers picked up 400 minor penalties in the regular season, or an average of 4.87 per game. The Hawks finished with 300, averaging 3.65 per game. In the post-season, Phili has 87 (4.83 average,) while Chicago has 70 (4.11 average.)

Just thought it's interesting that Chicago has increased their penalty minutes compared to the regular season, while Phili has stayed the same, as it pertains to minor penalties.

Comment

Of course, the penalty disparity becomes nearly meaningless when the puck ends hitting a guy on the bench, all four officials get distracted by a birdy flying by, and then the puck ends up in the back of the net for the GWG.

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5gP5PvQF9EI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5gP5PvQF9EI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385">

How on earth does the officiating keep getting worse?
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                      Brian Stewart recently signed a contract for next season with Philly
                      I'm sure they'll be thrilled with a guy who couldn't beat St. Cloud in the NCAA's.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        Of course, the penalty disparity becomes nearly meaningless when the puck ends hitting a guy on the bench, all four officials get distracted by a birdy flying by, and then the puck ends up in the back of the net for the GWG.

How on earth does the officiating keep getting worse?
                        That just makes up for the non-call on the high-stick, in which Philadelphia then scored just a minute or so later.

Comment

The Stanley Cup Finals got the highest rating in 11 years. Game 1 averaged 4.34 million viewers, and NBC won the night. Among the coveted 18-49 demographic ratings jumped from a 1.2 at 8:00PM to 2.1 for the final half hour. NBC is officially celebrating.

Of course, head-to-head two repeat episodes of "Cops" on Fox lost 1.2 to 1.1 and 1.7 to 1.4, and the NBA on TNT probably tripled that number (or better), but hey, it's party time!

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            The Stanley Cup Finals got the highest rating in 11 years. Game 1 averaged 4.34 million viewers, and NBC won the night. Among the coveted 18-49 demographic ratings jumped from a 1.2 at 8:00PM to 2.1 for the final half hour. NBC is officially celebrating.

Of course, head-to-head two repeat episodes of "Cops" on Fox lost 1.2 to 1.1 and 1.7 to 1.4, and the NBA on TNT probably tripled that number (or better), but hey, it's party time!
                            Glass half full Priceless.
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Blackhawks take game 1, without the aid of any power plays...
                              Satan's plan to hand the Flyers the Cup is falling apart before his eyes.

1,000th post!
                              Twitter: DanMountSports
                              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time
                                I'm sure they'll be thrilled with a guy who couldn't beat St. Cloud in the NCAA's.
                                I don't know, Philly seemed happy enough by that result to sign TWO Wildcats to their roster.

If you want to win a Stanley Cup, sign a Wildcat. Drake 08, Kowalski 06.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X