X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Power of the SCOTUS II: "Release the Kagan!"

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    I don't know of anyone who truly hates Palin. Frankly I think most on the left would love it if she got the GOP nomiation. Dems would have a serious shot at the first 50 state sweep.
    Honestly, I truly hate Palin. Mostly for what she represents, the slack jawed, superstitious, and reactionary dullards who infest this country like a plague.

Hey remember this.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
      Hey remember this.
      not quite sure I get your point, are you saying that some day Obama may become as good a President as Bush II was??
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        The Daily Show with Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
        Good Morning Real America
        www.thedailyshow.com
        ****** style='display:block' src='http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:411655' width='512' height='288' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='window' allowFullscreen='true' flashvars='autoPlay=false' allowscriptaccess='always' allownetworking='all' bgcolor='#000000'>
        Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire BlogThe Daily Show on Facebook
        I think Stewart hits the nail on the head when he points out the absurdity of her fundamental view that patriotism, goodness, and conservatism are intrinsically linked. I don't hate her, she isn't nearly as scary-looking as most clowns. But it is a little un-nerving that she seems to truly and fundamentally belive that you can tell whether someone loves this country by whether they vote consevative or not. The fact is, this would tick me off even if I were a conservative.

Comment

Please, please take this man's advice.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
            Read the first sentence, answered in the affirmative, moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              That hindsight must be really handy, given that at the time, everyone on both sides of the aisle pretty much agreed that US options in Iran were limited since we were hoping the undecided majority in the country and the Iranian regular army would come down on the side of the revolutionaries and American support would kill that hope.
              We don't need to take direct action; let's just do it the good old-fashioned way and arm them with military hardware. That approach couldn't possibly come back and bite us in the *** now, could it?

Comment

I've been watching Perry Mason reruns from the CBS website lately. Since it was made before the Miranda decision, it is kind of interesting to see Lt. Tragg arresting people without reading them their rights first....
                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I don't know of anyone who truly hates Palin. Frankly I think most on the left would love it if she got the GOP nomiation. Dems would have a serious shot at the first 50 state sweep.
                  There is no way I would roll those dice, particularly now when either party could nominate a head of lettuce and it would get a minimum of 45% of the vote purely on the letter after its name.

We are all better off that the snowbilly's 15 minutes are up.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    There is no way I would roll those dice, particularly now when .
                    The price of gas is near or above 4 bucks. This keeps up and a head of lettuce will beat your hero
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                      not quite sure I get your point, are you saying that some day Obama may become as good a President as Bush II was??
                      You never know. Maybe he gets reelected and straightens out all the messes he created in his first four years. Not betting on it, but miracles can happen.
                      Originally posted by Priceless
                      Good to see you're so reasonable.
                      Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                      Very well, said.
                      Originally posted by Rover
                      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        The price of gas is near or above 4 bucks. This keeps up and a head of lettuce will beat your hero
                        Funny thing is, it could be worse if not for some of the pro-drilling policies of the Bush era. So Bush could end up helping Obama get reelected.
                        Very well, said.
                        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Stewart just had a piece on this ethnic studies ban.

Is Arizona's ban on ethic studies unconstitutional in private schools? I spose it would be.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Stewart just had a piece on this ethnic studies ban.

Is Arizona's ban on ethic studies unconstitutional in private schools? I spose it would be.
                            What ban on ethnic studies? It was a specific course in Tucson that there were issues with. Never heard of anything statewide here.
                            Very well, said.
                            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                              What ban on ethnic studies? It was a specific course in Tucson that there were issues with. Never heard of anything statewide here.
                              Its obviously not unconstitutional for public schools as funding is the issue. I don't know why it wouldn't be unconstitutional for private schools.

School Suspends Mexican-American History Program To Comply With Arizona’s Ban On Ethnic Studies

By Tanya Somanader on Jan 12, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Arizona passed a law in 2010 that bans schools from teaching ethnic studies believing such classes promoted “ethnic chauvinism.” The Governing Board of the Tucson Unified School District voted late Tuesday to suspend immediately the Mexican-American studies department, marking a turning point in a yearlong controversy over a new state law banning certain ethnic studies.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Its obviously not unconstitutional for public schools as funding is the issue. I don't know why it wouldn't be unconstitutional for private schools.

School Suspends Mexican-American History Program To Comply With Arizona’s Ban On Ethnic Studies

By Tanya Somanader on Jan 12, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Arizona passed a law in 2010 that bans schools from teaching ethnic studies believing such classes promoted “ethnic chauvinism.” The Governing Board of the Tucson Unified School District voted late Tuesday to suspend immediately the Mexican-American studies department, marking a turning point in a yearlong controversy over a new state law banning certain ethnic studies.
                                I don't think that quote tells the full story. I think it's only if ethnic studies courses have certain negative aspects to them, which the Tucson program had. But I don't think it's a ban across the board.
                                Very well, said.
                                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Working...
                                X