• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied
    Re: A Thread for prayers, good vibes and what have you

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
    Also I'm posting this a little late but I did just get a 2nd update.

About 2 weeks ago I got an urgent text from my mom telling me to call her right away. I did and here is what she said: My dad had not been sleeping well for a while and that worried us. One morning my mom woke to find him actually laying in bed and sleeping normal so she decided it was a perfect time to go to the grocery and get some much needed shopping done. My brother left for his usual breakfast with some friends and gaming afterwards. When my mom came home the garage doors were closed but the door between the garage and house was open (it never is). She got concerned and started looking around the house and could not find my dad. A few minutes later she got a call from a paramedic (a family friend and my dad's old partner from when he was a medic...this guy and my dad were the first 2 medics in our county). My dad had been picked up and taken to the hospital. Apparently a neighboor saw him walking down the sidewalk (on a cold Northern Indiana day mind you) in just a shirt and shorts. No coat, no socks, no shoes. He was confused and didn't know where he was and did not know his own address or phone number. He gradually came around and was able to remember those things and they were able to get a hold of my mom. Doctor's think he may have had some form of seizure likely caused by one of the numerous medications he is on (he may have accidentally overdosed). My mom normally controls his meds and makes sure he takes the right ones in the right amounts at the right time. But apparently this is one he was doing on his own (I think he wanted some control himself on something). His doctor decided to alter a few meds and they also decided that he would not get to control anymore himself (he can be stubborn so I'm sure this was a hot button issue). Mom says things are better and he seems to be doing well. I believe they did have an MRI recently and his neurologist is supposed to be taking a look at that. If I remember correctly some of the original growth that they tried to remove in 2010 is still there. Not sure if some of these problems are being made worse by that or if its strictly a medication issue. Either way, thoughts are appreciated for my dad and my mom especially.
    You got it!

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Wow, that sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Prayers all around.

Leave a comment:

• Proud2baLaker
    replied

Also I'm posting this a little late but I did just get a 2nd update.

About 2 weeks ago I got an urgent text from my mom telling me to call her right away. I did and here is what she said: My dad had not been sleeping well for a while and that worried us. One morning my mom woke to find him actually laying in bed and sleeping normal so she decided it was a perfect time to go to the grocery and get some much needed shopping done. My brother left for his usual breakfast with some friends and gaming afterwards. When my mom came home the garage doors were closed but the door between the garage and house was open (it never is). She got concerned and started looking around the house and could not find my dad. A few minutes later she got a call from a paramedic (a family friend and my dad's old partner from when he was a medic...this guy and my dad were the first 2 medics in our county). My dad had been picked up and taken to the hospital. Apparently a neighboor saw him walking down the sidewalk (on a cold Northern Indiana day mind you) in just a shirt and shorts. No coat, no socks, no shoes. He was confused and didn't know where he was and did not know his own address or phone number. He gradually came around and was able to remember those things and they were able to get a hold of my mom. Doctor's think he may have had some form of seizure likely caused by one of the numerous medications he is on (he may have accidentally overdosed). My mom normally controls his meds and makes sure he takes the right ones in the right amounts at the right time. But apparently this is one he was doing on his own (I think he wanted some control himself on something). His doctor decided to alter a few meds and they also decided that he would not get to control anymore himself (he can be stubborn so I'm sure this was a hot button issue). Mom says things are better and he seems to be doing well. I believe they did have an MRI recently and his neurologist is supposed to be taking a look at that. If I remember correctly some of the original growth that they tried to remove in 2010 is still there. Not sure if some of these problems are being made worse by that or if its strictly a medication issue. Either way, thoughts are appreciated for my dad and my mom especially.

Leave a comment:

• Proud2baLaker
    replied

Good to hear Souixfan

Please keep all the tornado victims and their families in your thoughts. The Leap Day tornado that hit Harrisburg, IL spawned from a cell that passed just a few miles south of where I live. A slight direction change earlier in its formation and I may not be here typing this. As it is it ended up devasting Harrisburg which is maybe 40 minutes or an hour east of where I live. My department at SIU is working on gathering donations to send over there and I know that many other folks on campus have done/are doing the same. When the 2nd line of storms moved through on Friday we again got lucky as cells that produced tornadoes moved just north or south of us or did so well after passing overhead. It looked like Harrisburg was going to get hit hard again but I believe that they managed to escape the 2nd day without incident. There have been many great tales of survival and generosity of neighbors and strangers alike from states hit by the storms. Hopefully we continue to hear more stories about that.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    Thanks for the prayers. Surgery went very well!
    Great news! Been thinking of you all morning!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X