This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Thread for prayers, good vibes and what have you

So I know that sometimes this kind of stuff gets talked about in other threads or the "LIST" thread but I thought we could make one thread for this. If you have things going on in your life in which you could use some prayers from others (for those that do that) or at least some good waves/vibes/thoughts list them here. It could be an upcoming job interview, a big final, a friend or loved one who is ill, etc.

Im starting this thread because on the "LIST" threads I had mentioned my dad a few times. A few weeks ago they found a growth on his brain during a CAT scan. After meeting with a neurologist and having an MRI they have determined that it is a brain tumor. It is in the same area as the one he had about 15 years ago (seems like so long ago now). However, this one is as the doctor put it "problematic". The doc sent some stuff down to another doc in Indianapolis for a 2nd opinion and wants my dad to go see him sometime soon. This is all weighing very heavily on me and my family. The last tumor caused a lot of problems in the long run and changed my dad for the worse. He has problems with memory, no taste or smell and at times can just seem off. It caused him to have to leave his job as a paramedic.

To top it off my mom had to have her parathyroid removed 2 weeks ago. It was removing calcium from her bones. No complications during surgery thankfully. Doc there said that a normal parathyroid is about the size of a pea...the one he took out of my mom was the size of a walnut. She had to go to the ER last week due to very low calcium. Its causing her to be constantly exhausted. She is taking supplements but not that her parathyroid isnt there her bones are taking calcium anywhere they can get it causing it to be too low in her blood. She will recover ok but it will take some time. But having to worry about yourself while your husband has a brain tumor has to just be awful.

I know I dont really know any of you on here and I dont think I have even ever met any of you. But at this point my family could use all the good thoughts it can get.

Re: A Thread for prayers, good vibes and what have you

Hang in there, thoughts and prayers your way, and your family's way.
    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers...
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
      Northeast Regional:
      West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

You're in my prayers, Proud.

I'm heading to Nashville Sunday to volunteer with Samaritan's Purse for the week. Please pray for three things:
        -Safety - for me, the rest of the team, and for the people who live there
        -That we get done the work we are being asked to do
        -That we reach the people God is putting in front of us.
        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Great idea for a thread!!

You are both in my prayers.

Comment

Having gone through my mother's illness and death last year, I can relate to what you're going through. Last year at times I'd just feel like I was in a fog and the whole thing seemed surreal sometimes. I wish you all the best and will pray for you.

A song that has helped me in tough times in the past is as follows:

"Day by day, and with each passing moment,
            Strength I find to meet my trials here;
            Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment,
            I've no cause for worry or for! fear.
            He, whose heart is kind beyond all measure,
            Gives unto each day what He deems best,
            Lovingly its part of pain and pleasure,
            Mingling toil with peace and rest.

Every day the Lord Himself is near me,
            With a special mercy for each hour;
            All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me,
            He whose name is Counsellor and Pow'r.
            The protection of His child and treasure
            Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
            "As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure,"
            This the pledge to me He made.

Help me then, in every tribulation,
            So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
            That I lose not faith's sweet consolation,
            Offered me within Thy holy Word.
            Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
            E'er to take, as from a father's hand,
            One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
            Till with Christ the Lord I stand."
            Originally posted by Priceless
            Good to see you're so reasonable.
            Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
            Very well, said.
            Originally posted by Rover
            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

I appreciate the thoughts and prayers. I will also keep all of you and your needs for good thoughts and prayers in mind.

Comment

Proud and UncleR - you'll both be in my thoughts.

Comment

Good luck.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Wow. I hope everything will be OK. Is it a local hospital, or is he going to one of the biggies? I went to Mass General and am glad I did. It sounds like he's been through this before, so he'll know what to expect...and the tumor was found during a CAT scan so hopefully the tumor is still small. It sounds like he's in good hands, but if you need a referral or second opinion I can hook you up with my doctor in Boston. My cousin had a brain tumor as well, but he didn't want to commute to Boston, so they set him up with a doctor at OSU in Columbus. They can do that for you, too.

If you have any questions or just need to vent, you can contact me directly using this site. I remember how therapeutic it was to have this site as an outlet. I have a feeling you're about to see what a wonderful community we have here.

Comment

Priceless,

His neurosurgeon is out of Fort Wayne, Indiana. My parents live about 20 minutes from there. Im assuming the one in Indianapolis is at a bigger hospital. Though the Fort Wayne neuro group is nothing to scoff at. The 2 major hospitals in Fort Wayne are also very good.

This is something we went through before. About 15 years ago he had a tumor that was removed via surgery. They were very confident they removed it all and did not do chemo or radiation. Not long after the tumor was removed he had massive build up of fluid in his brain. This caused a lot of problems obviously and they put in a shunt to remove it. Numerous surgeries followed to repair kinks and blockages. The fluid was originally draining into the abdomen but that caused a lot of stomach pains. The moved it to drain around the heart, which they had luck with in other patients. Things were going well until they found an infection in his back that was causing severe pain. Dad went to the Cleveland Clinic for that. They couldnt do anything to remove the infection but did do some stuff to remove the pain. He eventually had the shunt removed after the fluid stopped building up...controlled with drugs I think. Things were quiet for a few years other then headaches and some back pain and his usual problems with memory. Then all this.

Im not sure how big the tumor is and we dont know when it first appeared as his last CAT scan before this one was 2007.

Comment

My mum could do with some prayers right now. Not sure what is going on~ she has sx that three different Drs are disagreeing about but she is still miserable. When she gets miserable she holes up and is like a trapped bear in a cage so I can't figure out how to help or what to do. Hopefully the person she sees on Monday will do something helpful

Comment

I have a kid sister...my only sister, forty nine years old now, who has battled cancer since the age of eight. She enjoyed a long period of remission between the age of 15 and 47. At that time cancer returned and is now in her bones / spine. Oncologists expect it'll advance to the brain at some point. Over the years she has had so much chemo and radiation they don't believe she can tolerate any more, as well as numerous surgeries. Not much to be done. She is on a mild form of chemo, taken orally in hopes of giving her a little more time. Two years is her projected maximum...it'll likely be much less. My kid sister has fought the bravest, most courageous fight I can ever imagine anyone fighting with her chin up and a strong, even cheerful attitude. She's big on the power of prayer. I know she really appreciates any prayers on her behalf.

If anyone feels so inclined, I thank you for your prayers...from the bottom of my heart.

Great thread!
                          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                            I have a kid sister...my only sister, forty nine years old now, who has battled cancer since the age of eight. She enjoyed a long period of remission between the age of 15 and 47. At that time cancer returned and is now in her bones / spine. Oncologists expect it'll advance to the brain at some point. Over the years she has had so much chemo and radiation they don't believe she can tolerate any more, as well as numerous surgeries. Not much to be done. She is on a mild form of chemo, taken orally in hopes of giving her a little more time. Two years is her projected maximum...it'll likely be much less. My kid sister has fought the bravest, most courageous fight I can ever imagine anyone fighting with her chin up and a strong, even cheerful attitude. She's big on the power of prayer. I know she really appreciates any prayers on her behalf.

If anyone feels so inclined, I thank you for your prayers...from the bottom of my heart.

Great thread!
                            Prayers for your sister and for all who surround her.

Comment

Prayers your sister's way brookyone.
                              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Working...
                              X