X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A Thread for prayers, good vibes and what have you

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    I have a calendar book and I have a calendar on Outlook. Can't live without my calendar. It is looking scary right now.
    I still use a hard copy DayTimer. It's worked for 40+ years. Hasn't crashed once or needed a software update.
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Not the best 24 hours for me.

Went to the doctor with the Mrs. and she's going back on birth control. They found traces of endometriosis after her surgery in December, and the doctor prescribed shots for her that last six months. Her insurance has a high deductible and it we'd have to pay for three of shots ourselves. Her mom promised to help with one, but rescinded the offer when she found her dog had a non-cancerous lump.

She got on the scale and found there wasn't much movement from the last weigh-in despite her constant working out. (Her PCOS will do that.) The doctor gave her something to jump start her metabolism and the birth control. I'm hoping to get a promotion at the newspaper where I work at so she can get on my insurance and the first shot will be $100 and only $40 for each one after until the treatment is over. We both cried in the office and her doctor knew we were heartbroken. My wife said the most rewarding feeling was taking her little one home from the hospital. I held it together until my wife left for her work conference and I just lost it. I may never have that feeling of taking a baby home from the hospital. I'm scared to death of it.

I know I have Hailey and I love her like my own. I guess one thing that made me upset is that my wife's best friend from high school called the wife and I ungrateful for being upset about not having another kid. She said it's not fair the way we treat Hailey. (That's a lie.) The little one has wanted a sibling since she was five years old. I want a child with my wife. Am I really ungrateful?

Anyways, that's not the worst news of the day. My 94-year old grandmother passed away last night. She had been losing her faculties and it was getting bad towards the end. I was expecting it, but it still hurts a lot. I feel selfish for complaining when this happens. My dad called me and told me not feel like that, but I can't help it.
      Last edited by MountieBoyOz; 04-11-2014, 09:19 AM.
      Twitter: DanMountSports
      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

I am so sorry to hear about your grandma.

Still keep your head up. Stay strong and keep fighting. It will be worth it. Don't give up.
        Originally posted by Skeeterman
        Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Mountie,

Prayers headed your way. It's tough to lose a loved one, even if they are advanced in age and it's not a surprise. My grandparents have all been gone awhile, but I still miss them and think of them often.

I know the feeling of it seeming that you won't have the opportunity to bring your own child home with you from the hospital. That's a hard thing to accept. That road ended up helping lead us to becoming foster parents and eventually now pending adoptive parents. It's a different road with plenty of its own challenges, but we couldn't be more thrilled with the little guy we will be adopting now, that we've had a year and a half through foster care. I'm not saying that's necessarily what you should or shouldn't do, just that sometimes other opportunities arise when the door may seem to be shutting in a certain direction.
          Originally posted by Priceless
          Good to see you're so reasonable.
          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
          Very well, said.
          Originally posted by Rover
          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Prayers for you MBO. People say really Shi**y things sometimes, especially when they are uncomfortable with seeing you in emotional pain. Sounds like things have not been good. Don't know what to say except praying for you.

Comment

Happy report, as last Thursday my wife and I completed the adoption of our little guy, who is going on two and has been with us for almost his whole life. Lots of tears of joy, including even the judge.

We'll see what the future holds for our other placement, a two-month old girl.
              Originally posted by Priceless
              Good to see you're so reasonable.
              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
              Very well, said.
              Originally posted by Rover
              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Sweet! Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                  Happy report, as last Thursday my wife and I completed the adoption of our little guy, who is going on two and has been with us for almost his whole life. Lots of tears of joy, including even the judge.

We'll see what the future holds for our other placement, a two-month old girl.
                  Congratulations, Bob!

Got the results of my vocational assessment back: it said that manual labor was not for me, that I'd be better off in a position where speed wasn't an issue, and that I'd be perfect in a social service career (counselor, social worker, substance abuse, that sort of thing). But it also said that I have energy issues, and my tendency to crash in the middle of the day could be a barrier to employment.

With all that in mind, I go in for a psych evaluation on May 15. And my job search has stalled, because all that's open around here are manual labor, high-speed assembly/production jobs.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I find out via email this morning that my aunt has breast cancer. Then I realized that between my mom and her sisters, my mom is the only one that has not had cancer. I am grateful, but hesitant.
                    Originally posted by Skeeterman
                    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                      Congratulations, Bob!

Got the results of my vocational assessment back: it said that manual labor was not for me, that I'd be better off in a position where speed wasn't an issue, and that I'd be perfect in a social service career (counselor, social worker, substance abuse, that sort of thing). But it also said that I have energy issues, and my tendency to crash in the middle of the day could be a barrier to employment.

With all that in mind, I go in for a psych evaluation on May 15. And my job search has stalled, because all that's open around here are manual labor, high-speed assembly/production jobs.
                      This is progress. Maybe the appt on the 15th will help clarify things more

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                      I find out via email this morning that my aunt has breast cancer. Then I realized that between my mom and her sisters, my mom is the only one that has not had cancer. I am grateful, but hesitant.
                      Ugh. I know that feeling. It doesn't feel good
                      Hope she is OK!
                      Last edited by leswp1; 05-01-2014, 06:36 PM.

Comment

a very good friend from college days has cancer. I won't go into gory details but he has made it through the first round of radiation and chemo. now for surgery. any prayers, karma, kind thoughts etc appreciated. great guy big lovable and loving heart. you go Bill!
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Go Bill!! Prayers for you all!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            Go Bill!! Prayers for you all!
                            This. Times infinity! * cancer!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

thank you! * cancer!
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                                a very good friend from college days has cancer. I won't go into gory details but he has made it through the first round of radiation and chemo. now for surgery. any prayers, karma, kind thoughts etc appreciated. great guy big lovable and loving heart. you go Bill!
                                On the way HF. Good luck to him.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X