X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A Thread for prayers, good vibes and what have you

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    My aunt passed shortly after midnight. She had been unconscious for about the last 48 hrs and went peacefully in her sleep.

I was blessed to have this woman in my life and know she has gone on to a better place.
    My sincere condolences, Mark.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Sorry Mark.
      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Thoughts heading your way Mark. Sorry to hear.
        Originally posted by Skeeterman
        Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
          My sincere condolences, Mark.
          Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
          Sorry Mark.
          Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
          Thoughts heading your way Mark. Sorry to hear.
          Thanks all. It's comforting to know you've got friends, even if they're virtual, at times like this.

Services are all set. She left explicit instructions that there was to be no wake or funeral (didn't want to put people out). I'm going to honor that request. She wished to be cremated immediately and that will happen Wednesday. On Friday, we will have a simple private family-only service at the cemetery.

I'm having this put into the obituary and decided it was probably appropriate to post here. Anyone who has been touched by this disease should consider donating to the Alzheimer's Association at www.alz.org.

Alzheimer's disease is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States overall and the 5th leading cause of death for those aged 65 and older. It is the only cause of death among the top 10 in America without a way to prevent it, cure it or even slow its progression.
          * Alzheimer's
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Thanks all. It's comforting to know you've got friends, even if they're virtual, at times like this.

Services are all set. She left explicit instructions that there was to be no wake or funeral (didn't want to put people out). I'm going to honor that request. She wished to be cremated immediately and that will happen Wednesday. On Friday, we will have a simple private family-only service at the cemetery.

I'm having this put into the obituary and decided it was probably appropriate to post here. Anyone who has been touched by this disease should consider donating to the Alzheimer's Association at www.alz.org.

* Alzheimer's
            Condolences to you and your family.
            sigpic

Comment

We held a very small, very nice memorial service this morning. There were about a dozen close friends and family members gathered around for an impromptu exchange of prayers and stories. These were the people my aunt talked about the most... her extended family so to speak. They, in turn, held her in very high regard. Tears all around, yet everyone left with a smile knowing she was in a better place. I mentioned that the disease really took her from us 5 years ago, but it didn't and will never take her spirit away.

Thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts and prayers.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

We held a very small, very nice memorial service this morning. There were about a dozen close friends and family members gathered around for an impromptu exchange of prayers and stories. These were the people my aunt talked about the most... her extended family so to speak. They, in turn, held her in very high regard. Tears all around, yet everyone left with a smile knowing she was in a better place. I mentioned that the disease really took her from us 5 years ago, but it didn't and will never take her spirit away.

Thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts and prayers.
                Nice
                Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Glad you got to share with each other. A good sending off.

Comment

What she said-ms
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I just wanted to update everyone on my wife and mine's infertility situation. She had her appointment today and the doctor told her that they need to treat the little bit of endometriosis in here system. That means she has to have six months of injections and that we cannot try for six months. I've been on the verge of tears all day thinking about this. I see all these pictures of their babies and sonograms and I feel so envious. Am I bad person for being jealous? I'm just so heartbroken.
                      Twitter: DanMountSports
                      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                        I just wanted to update everyone on my wife and mine's infertility situation. She had her appointment today and the doctor told her that they need to treat the little bit of endometriosis in here system. That means she has to have six months of injections and that we cannot try for six months. I've been on the verge of tears all day thinking about this. I see all these pictures of their babies and sonograms and I feel so envious. Am I bad person for being jealous? I'm just so heartbroken.
                        You are not a bad person. I am keeping positive thoughts to you and your wife. Someday you two will have a child of your own.
                        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

MBO. Hang in there. Try not to let this define you at this moment. Replay soapbox from FB. Praying for you guys.

Comment

My mom called me today saying that my dad is back in the hospital with internal bleeding. I don't have any updates, except that they are admitting him and that is what I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                              My mom called me today saying that my dad is back in the hospital with internal bleeding. I don't have any updates, except that they are admitting him and that is what I know.
                              Saying a prayer!

Comment

Update: They kept my dad overnight for monitoring. I think later today they are going to determine if surgery is needed. He called me late last night and sounded good.

Comment

Working...
                                X