X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A Thread for prayers, good vibes and what have you

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    In a way, this could actually be a good thing. I wasn't adjusting very well to the overnight hours, and I had started to pick up the dietary habits of my coworkers (lots of junk food). So I'm going to use this as an opportunity to find a day job.
    If nothing more, its a line on the resume. Somebody else might want you if you're out job hunting along with doing the Walmart gig.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
      If nothing more, its a line on the resume. Somebody else might want you if you're out job hunting along with doing the Walmart gig.
      After this month, I won't be doing the Wal-Mart gig. I was told I could reapply after 90 days, but with any luck, I won't need to wait that long. No one's going to take me alive...
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I was told this morning that I could reapply after 30 days, and there are friends who are willing to help me get into Meijer (another Big Box), but I'm tired of retail/service. I'm thinking this is my cue to find something much, much better.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Thyroid gone. Out of recovery and into my room about an hour ago. Ouch! Keep the anti pain juice coming!
          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
            Thyroid gone. Out of recovery and into my room about an hour ago. Ouch! Keep the anti pain juice coming!
            ouch is right. Praying for an uneventful recovery!

Comment

Good luck on the recovery
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Best wishes for a safe recovery!

Comment

The very best wishes I can give to a Gopher are floating around you somewhere. Get well quick.
                  "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    ouch is right. Praying for an uneventful recovery!
                    Thanks to all for the well wishes. Got a story for you les. Woke up on the table during surgery. Anesthesiologist(s) screw up later explained as being "unintentionally light" on the anesthesia. Not farging cool.
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Thanks to all for the well wishes. Got a story for you les. Woke up on the table during surgery. Anesthesiologist(s) screw up later explained as being "unintentionally light" on the anesthesia. Not farging cool.
                      HOLY CRAP!!!!! that is so not cool. DId you grab him by the male parts and ask if he would like ot reconsider his mix?

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        HOLY CRAP!!!!! that is so not cool. DId you grab him by the male parts and ask if he would like ot reconsider his mix?
                        Something like that. He wanted to know what I remembered from the operating room...hoping I didn't remember I'm guessing. I was able to recall a few very unpleasant circumstances and happenings on the table and the associated communications between the OR staff and the patient who was not supposed to be conscious. Not my best surgical experience.
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Something like that. He wanted to know what I remembered from the operating room...hoping I didn't remember I'm guessing. I was able to recall a few very unpleasant circumstances and happenings on the table and the associated communications between the OR staff and the patient who was not supposed to be conscious. Not my best surgical experience.
                          I woke up during a colonoscopy, certainly not nearly as bad as waking up during an operation but it wasn't fun so I can imagine.........
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Good luck and get well soon.
                            Twitter: DanMountSports
                            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

If that was a near death experience it would be a cool story but just no anesthesia- no excuse

Comment

Yeah, I think I would want em to go a little on the heavy side personally. I can always chill out somewhere post surgery somewhere not having a care in the world while the meds wear off.
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                                X