X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A Thread for prayers, good vibes and what have you

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Signed up to be an organ donor when I renewed my driver's license.
    One of the easiest good deeds a person can do. Kudos to you. I don't understand why more people don't sign up. If I go in some tragic accident or something, I'd certainly hope some good could come out of the situation for others via transplant.
    Originally posted by Priceless
    Good to see you're so reasonable.
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
    Very well, said.
    Originally posted by Rover
    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
      One of the easiest good deeds a person can do. Kudos to you. I don't understand why more people don't sign up. If I go in some tragic accident or something, I'd certainly hope some good could come out of the situation for others via transplant.
      This! Some people are afraid that they will be allowed to die to harvest their organs (unlikely as the people who make the decision do not make the decision about the organs) and some people decline for religious reasons. Most people just don't think of it. Here's hoping someone in here does that hasn't before

Comment

Living donor partnerships are also a terrific, benevolent opportunity for consideration. Relatively new that increases success rates through optimum matching of donors to recipients.
        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
          My wife had signed up to be an organ donor. When she died from lung cancer I didn't think they would want any of her organs because of the chemo and radiation. I got a call from the Mass. Organ Bank that morning asking for permission to harvest her corneas. There are two women, one in Maine and one in NH who regained their sight because of my wife. The organ bank was incredibly supportive after the fact.
          Originally posted by mookie1995
          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...6pLid%3D327894

Prayers for success and a normal life for Sarah. Also prayers for all who are waiting. It's a big day when that call finally comes.
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
              My wife had signed up to be an organ donor. When she died from lung cancer I didn't think they would want any of her organs because of the chemo and radiation. I got a call from the Mass. Organ Bank that morning asking for permission to harvest her corneas. There are two women, one in Maine and one in NH who regained their sight because of my wife. The organ bank was incredibly supportive after the fact.
              This post gave me goose bumps.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                That's awesome! Thanks for sharing this.
                Very well, said.
                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

For anyone else that needs it today - Jim Stingl's article on his dad : Living life on behalf of dad who didn't get this far

This article really struck a chord with me, as I was also 16 when my dad died, and next year, my brother will be the same age he was when he died.

Comment

Prayer of thankfulness. Lil les passed math. My computer stuff is for the moment fixed and instead of being 100 and HHH it seems to be a little less. (no AC so this is a big deal!)

Comment

My 84 yr old cousin passed in the night. She was a lovely, brilliant woman who had her faculties until the end. We are going to miss her.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        My 84 yr old cousin passed in the night. She was a lovely, brilliant woman who had her faculties until the end. We are going to miss her.
                        Sorry to hear. Thoughts heading your way.
                        Originally posted by Skeeterman
                        Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Sorry about your loss.
                          sigpic

Comment

I get a phone call last night from my mom saying my aunt has lung cancer. Last year, my aunt had breast cancer. They caught it early last year, so she didn't have to go through chemo. I do not know the severity of the lung cancer, yet. It hurts as she is the aunt that has always supported my art.
                            Originally posted by Skeeterman
                            Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                            "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                              I get a phone call last night from my mom saying my aunt has lung cancer. Last year, my aunt had breast cancer. They caught it early last year, so she didn't have to go through chemo. I do not know the severity of the lung cancer, yet. It hurts as she is the aunt that has always supported my art.
                              that is sad. Prayers for you all.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                Prayers headed your way. Sounds like she lived her life to the fullest.

And prayers headed to you Lady wore Black. That's a tough one when cancer makes multiple appearances. One of my wife's friends beat breast cancer only to have liver cancer appear shortly thereafter.

My wife and I would appreciate prayers for our little foster son's court hearing tomorrow. We want the best for him, whatever that is.
                                Very well, said.
                                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Working...
                                X