This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A Thread for prayers, good vibes and what have you

Thanks all. I am trying to get this chapter closed and to move on. The funeral for Mr. wore Black's grandma is this Friday. Mr. and I have started communicating more, but he has to stop flip-flopping his mind. In the end, I know that I can rely on all of you to be there. You know I will be there for you.
    Originally posted by Skeeterman
    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
      Thanks all. I am trying to get this chapter closed and to move on. The funeral for Mr. wore Black's grandma is this Friday. Mr. and I have started communicating more, but he has to stop flip-flopping his mind. In the end, I know that I can rely on all of you to be there. You know I will be there for you.
      With 25 yrs of marriage under my belt (well, if you count all the hours Mr les works it probably doesn't qualify as that many) the thing I have learned is patience with myself and in considering what I think about something. Even when something seems awful, over time, when you look at it your perception changes- not necessarily what you think is happening/did happen but how you feel it fits into what you will tolerate and what you won't. Maybe I realized that for me, at least, many of the things I used to react by going off like a cherry bomb and then ruminating about it for days weren't worth the space in my head. Now I just go do my own thing after expressing myself (which sometimes resembles a cherry bomb). I don't rely on Mr les to define the situation. Decide what you want. If you are firm he can flip and flop all he wants but you go about your business like it is a done deal.
      Last edited by leswp1; 04-01-2013, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Condolences LWB.
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
        Northeast Regional:
        West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          With 25 yrs of marriage under my belt (well, if you count all the hours Mr les works it probably doesn't qualify as that many) the thing I have learned is patience with myself and in considering what I think about something. Even when something seems awful, over time, when you look at it your perception changes- not necessarily what you think is happening/did happen but how you feel it fits into what you will tolerate and what you won't. Maybe I realized that for me, at least, many of the things I used to react by going off like a cherry bomb and then ruminating about it for days weren't worth the space in my head. Now I just go do my own thing after expressing myself (which sometimes resembles a cherry bomb). I don't rely on Mr les to define the situation. Decide what you want. If you are firm he can flip and flop all he wants but you go about your business like it is a done deal.
          I can only handle x-amount. Usually I can brush it off. The story is that he decided that he was going to quit his job when our lease was up and move back to St. Cloud leaving me stranded. I am fine with the rollercoaster of yes/no he is going to apply to grad school. That I can brush off. Him yelling at me saying he was quitting his job and moving pushed me over the edge. He has since retracted it, but like I said, the damage has been done.

On the plus side, I do have an interview this week for a job in the west metro. I am not seriously looking, but is something comes up and sparks my interest, I will apply.
          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
            I can only handle x-amount. Usually I can brush it off. The story is that he decided that he was going to quit his job when our lease was up and move back to St. Cloud leaving me stranded. I am fine with the rollercoaster of yes/no he is going to apply to grad school. That I can brush off. Him yelling at me saying he was quitting his job and moving pushed me over the edge. He has since retracted it, but like I said, the damage has been done.

On the plus side, I do have an interview this week for a job in the west metro. I am not seriously looking, but is something comes up and sparks my interest, I will apply.
            Yep. That is over the line in a big way. You need to work out how to take care of yourself and if he decides that he might like to participate in a 'relationship' then see if he fits into what you want. That is plain BS. Needs a shirt that says "does not play well with others"

Comment

I do have some good news. My wife was finally officially diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). (That prevents her from ovulating and having a regular cycle.) They put her on metformin because of insulin resistance a couple months ago and she's down 23 pounds after a follow up appointment. She feels happy and full of energy again. She's been taking frequent walks and being more active with a healthy diet. We do say a nutritionist today because it helps her along. We may not be there, but we have hope and that's all we want. She's inspired me to get more active as well. I'm glad we are getting somewhere. Thanks for all the kinds words, everyone.
              Twitter: DanMountSports
              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                I do have some good news. My wife was finally officially diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). (That prevents her from ovulating and having a regular cycle.) They put her on metformin because of insulin resistance a couple months ago and she's down 23 pounds after a follow up appointment. She feels happy and full of energy again. She's been taking frequent walks and being more active with a healthy diet. We do say a nutritionist today because it helps her along. We may not be there, but we have hope and that's all we want. She's inspired me to get more active as well. I'm glad we are getting somewhere. Thanks for all the kinds words, everyone.
                Horray! Praying that things keep going in a positive direction.

Comment

That's great news!
                  Originally posted by Priceless
                  Good to see you're so reasonable.
                  Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                  Very well, said.
                  Originally posted by Rover
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Awesome! Positive thoughts continuing your way.

Comment

Fantastic!
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Ive been trying to get a new job for a while now. I have a job now but it doesnt pay well, and is like the most basic entry type stuff in my field (aquaculture). I have applied to many locations and have been at least minimally qualified. Some I have not gotten interviews. One I had a phone interview but didnt get selected to go on. The next I was one of 3 selected for an in-person interview but didnt get it. Now I am applying for another that I'd really like to get. I am qualified for it. The guy that runs the hatchery sent an email to my old boss at Southern Illinois Univ. saying he would love to be able to hire and SIU grad (this guy also graduated from there) so I am hoping that helps.

I could use the good vibes and what not as jobs in this field that pay well and that I am qualified for are scarce. If I cant find something soon, I am afaid I may have to move back home with the folks as I can't really afford living on my own and the hours at my current place may get hard to come by as the summer comes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                          Ive been trying to get a new job for a while now. I have a job now but it doesnt pay well, and is like the most basic entry type stuff in my field (aquaculture). I have applied to many locations and have been at least minimally qualified. Some I have not gotten interviews. One I had a phone interview but didnt get selected to go on. The next I was one of 3 selected for an in-person interview but didnt get it. Now I am applying for another that I'd really like to get. I am qualified for it. The guy that runs the hatchery sent an email to my old boss at Southern Illinois Univ. saying he would love to be able to hire and SIU grad (this guy also graduated from there) so I am hoping that helps.

I could use the good vibes and what not as jobs in this field that pay well and that I am qualified for are scarce. If I cant find something soon, I am afaid I may have to move back home with the folks as I can't really afford living on my own and the hours at my current place may get hard to come by as the summer comes on.
                          Saying a prayer that it all works out! Hang in there.

Comment

I would appreciate prayers for Sassy, my 6 month old Golden Retreiver. She will be in surgery in a few minutes. She swallowed a corn cobb holder - the plastic yellow handle things with 2 metal prongs.
                            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                              I would appreciate prayers for Sassy, my 6 month old Golden Retreiver. She will be in surgery in a few minutes. She swallowed a corn cobb holder - the plastic yellow handle things with 2 metal prongs.
                              Yikes! I hope everything went well?
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                              Northeast Regional:
                              West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Ouch. Hope it worked out!

Comment

Working...
                                X