X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A Thread for prayers, good vibes and what have you

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
    I know I have posted this before in the List. But, Good Vibes...

I recently got engaged to a terrific woman. Her name is Aspen and she is simply an incredible person that I am so blessed to have. Your prayers during our wedding planning would be much appreciated....especially for my bank account!!!
    I went through that whole process about two years ago. We kind of wish we'd kept things even simpler than we did, but it was a special time to share with that special someone. We were both so glad when it was all finally over and we could enjoy some normal life together. May you be blessed in all your preparations.
    Originally posted by Priceless
    Good to see you're so reasonable.
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
    Very well, said.
    Originally posted by Rover
    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
      I wanted to update everyone on how my 6 year old is doing. We did take her to the doctor and she was put on a small dose of Ritalin (2 xs a day one at 8 a.m. and the other at noon.) She is paying attention more in school and her writing is improving.

The one thing that made me smile was she did a match sheet with 51 adding problems and got all, but 1 correct. We hung it on the refrigerator and she is proud of it. She also said that she couldn't wait for school tomorrow. I haven't heard that in a while.

We do have a follow up on Friday about it. She does seem a little sad sometimes after taking it, but that passes. I am proud with the start she's made, but we still have a ways to go.

Thanks again for your kind words, thoughts and prayers.
      Our youngest son is on ritalin also, it does help, but it's not a cure all. He does best with lots of positive encouragement (even on a C grade) and 1 on 1 time with my wife or myself. Motivation is still a problem for us. He hates school (he just doesn't "click" with his teachers this year), whereas your daughter wants to go back, so stay on the positive track and keep the positive vibes going.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
        I went through that whole process about two years ago. We kind of wish we'd kept things even simpler than we did, but it was a special time to share with that special someone. We were both so glad when it was all finally over and we could enjoy some normal life together. May you be blessed in all your preparations.
        Thank you very much for that!

Hey pro,

Just wanted to let you know, you guys are in my prayers and I will be thinking about you!
        Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
        www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
          She's made incredible progress and is arriving home today!
          Wow! Awesome!

Comment

Im not going to go in to much detail other than I have been having a rough month or so at work. It seems like no matter how hard I try nothing is going right. Its wreaking havoc on my psyche and Im feeling stressed a lot. At times its causing me to loose sleep which just makes it worse and then I fret over one thing and it causes me to mess up on another. Its a vicious cycle. Any good thoughts vibes and what not are appreciated. Hopefully my luck will change soon.

Edit: Still pretty stressed about things in general but some of that was lifted this morning after meeting with my boss over a few things and finding out things were either not as bad as I convinced myself they were or were not bad at all. Going to try to take it a bit easier this weekend and get a few things off my to do list and try not to let things get to me.
            Last edited by Proud2baLaker; 03-25-2011, 11:17 AM.

Comment

She's made incredible progress and is arriving home today!
              Many thumbs up to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                Im not going to go in to much detail other than I have been having a rough month or so at work. It seems like no matter how hard I try nothing is going right. Its wreaking havoc on my psyche and Im feeling stressed a lot. At times its causing me to loose sleep which just makes it worse and then I fret over one thing and it causes me to mess up on another. Its a vicious cycle. Any good thoughts vibes and what not are appreciated. Hopefully my luck will change soon.

Edit: Still pretty stressed about things in general but some of that was lifted this morning after meeting with my boss over a few things and finding out things were either not as bad as I convinced myself they were or were not bad at all. Going to try to take it a bit easier this weekend and get a few things off my to do list and try not to let things get to me.
                Hang in ther P2bL! Prayers your way.

Comment

A little more on my situation. My fiance was taking her daughter to the appointment when she got a call from her ex (Hailey's father). She said it was a follow up appointment and the father said "he was going to have a chat" with the doctor about putting Hailey on meds. As you know, he is completely against it. My finace arrived for the appointment early and got out before 1:30. On the way down, she ran into her ex who was going to have that chat with the doctor.

He's now talking about trying to get primary custoday and it worries my fiance a lot. He thinks his little one shouldn't be on meds and will be dammed if it happens. I just don't get it. The improvement in her schoolwork is there. She likes school again and is being social again. I want to say something to him, but I don't want to let my temper get the best of me. Why does he want to stop something that is HELPING his daughter? It baffles me. Any words of advice? Thanks for all of your help and kind words.
                  Twitter: DanMountSports
                  2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

A little more on my situation. My fiance was taking her daughter to the appointment when she got a call from her ex (Hailey's father). She said it was a follow up appointment and the father said "he was going to have a chat" with the doctor about putting Hailey on meds. As you know, he is completely against it. My finace arrived for the appointment early and got out before 1:30. On the way down, she ran into her ex who was going to have that chat with the doctor.

He's now talking about trying to get primary custoday and it worries my fiance a lot. He thinks his little one shouldn't be on meds and will be dammed if it happens. I just don't get it. The improvement in her schoolwork is there. She likes school again and is being social again. I want to say something to him, but I don't want to let my temper get the best of me. Why does he want to stop something that is HELPING his daughter? It baffles me. Any words of advice? Thanks for all of your help and kind words.
                    Sounds like the X is using situation to unstabilze the applecart and p/o off your fiance. I'd have those 2 sit down with the Dr. and go over things. The honest and truthful evidence should show the meds are good for her. But the hardest thing is to try and be reasonable with the unreasonable, as seen millions of times on this board in trivial things. If he files for custody, the truth will come out in court, right? The judge should be reasonable and the evidence of her performance is there. Are there underlying issues that would make this meds issue seem like small beans to a judge?

Comment

No underlying issues, Timothy. I just don't trust situations when your fate is in another person's hands. My fiance is a teacher for pre-school kids so I think she has an idea of what to do with children. He thinks the drugs will make his daughter depresssed and make her wet the bed. (He learned that info because his cousin used to take Ritalin by the fistful so consider the source.) We did the whole process by the book, but he still wants to fight this.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

No underlying issues, Timothy. I just don't trust situations when your fate is in another person's hands. My fiance is a teacher for pre-school kids so I think she has an idea of what to do with children. He thinks the drugs will make his daughter depresssed and make her wet the bed. (He learned that info because his cousin used to take Ritalin by the fistful so consider the source.) We did the whole process by the book, but he still wants to fight this.
                        So he's basing his opinion on an improperly medicated situation...like I said, how do you reason with the unreasonable? I think your best bet is the 2 parents and Dr. in the same room discussing. Is this guy the kind of guy who will tell the Dr. he's wrong?

Comment

It is not uncommon for parents to deal with their child's imperfections by explaining them away- if people would just do the right thing then these sx would disappear. It is also not uncommon for the person objecting to have the same malady the patient has and they do not want be abnormal either (ie- if the kid is very like them then they must have X too. They do not want to think they are not normal). As the child is the patient and not the Dad, it is within the rights of the mother to ask what transpired at that interview. It is also a great idea for her to ask for help in dealing with the guy's negative response. See if they could make suggestions re how to deal with him. Sometimes they are crazy as loons and you just have to deal with the fact that rational is not in the picture.

I would not worry re the custody thing. She has been evaluated and treated appropriately. She has had good response. Follow up is appropriate and timely. You have medical and school involved. The question asked at the custody hearing would be why the guy had not addressed the problem sooner, why he objects to medical care that is appropriate and what he would do that could be better than a successful plan. The child has had sig improvement from your response. If you guys were using some type of weird, controversial treatment then maybe the guy would have a leg to stand on but you aren't. The only thing that will happen is the lawyers will get rich.

If the kid has a counselor then it might behoove you to see if that person would meet with the 3 of you to see if they could help. Also- does the X have parents, other family members that have their head screwed on a bit tighter than he does? If so maybe it would OK to ask them to help. Not to put them in the middle but more to help you understand/deal with the issue.

Hang on. You guys are doing the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            So he's basing his opinion on an improperly medicated situation...like I said, how do you reason with the unreasonable? I think your best bet is the 2 parents and Dr. in the same room discussing. Is this guy the kind of guy who will tell the Dr. he's wrong?
                            He is that type of person. The reason my fiance left him was because he would yell and scream at her until he got his way. She finally had it and left. His opinion is the only opinion that is right one and nothing will talk him out of it.

Comment

After my oldest and I met with her oncologist on Friday, we have stopped my wife's cancer medication. She had a series of embolitic strokes in the last three weeks that have left her weak, but cogent. When she is able to come home we will bring hospice in. The doctor thinks she could last 3-4 months. It sucks having to watch her go through this.
                              Originally posted by mookie1995
                              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

After my oldest and I met with her oncologist on Friday, we have stopped my wife's cancer medication. She had a series of embolitic strokes in the last three weeks that have left her weak, but cogent. When she is able to come home we will bring hospice in. The doctor thinks she could last 3-4 months. It sucks having to watch her go through this.
                                That's really tough. My prayers are with you. It's not exactly the same, but I remember getting the call that they were stopping treatment on my Mom and there wasn't any more treatment that could be done and that she'd be going home for hospice. I hope she can get home soon.
                                Originally posted by Priceless
                                Good to see you're so reasonable.
                                Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                                Very well, said.
                                Originally posted by Rover
                                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Working...
                                X