X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud2baLaker
    replied
    Re: A Thread for prayers, good vibes and what have you

Tomorrow I start a ~25 hour drive from Indiana to Idaho where I will be starting a new job. Really I would call it my first job in the real world (all other jobs have been during college or when I was living at home). Hoping for a good drive and a smooth transition.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

MEUSA thinking of you.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
    Tough situation. Praying for you and your family.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gray
    replied

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Need some prayers for my Mum and our family. She has scheduled surgery without a clear plan for post op. We are all very concerned but she doesn't seem to be able to get it together. Lots of nastiness as we try to get her to work out what needs to be done. Not a lot of love being spread around right now
    Tough situation. Praying for you and your family.

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied

Prayers your way les.

I was so out of sorts this afternoon i decided to drive to Hartford to watch some hockey. Hasn't really worked yet so I'm hoping game 2 with my Bobcats does the trick.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Need some prayers for my Mum and our family. She has scheduled surgery without a clear plan for post op. We are all very concerned but she doesn't seem to be able to get it together. Lots of nastiness as we try to get her to work out what needs to be done. Not a lot of love being spread around right now

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    Thanks Bob.

Got one of "those" phone calls this morning. She has apparently taken a drastic turn for the worse since the hospice nurse was there Saturday afternoon. So much so that the nurse is implementing "comfort measures". The director of the facility (who called me) thinks it will be soon.

They were waiting for her doctor to sign some papers and for the pharmacy to deliver some "supplies" so they could begin getting her "comfortable". They think she's exhibiting signs of renal failure as her skin is very discolored; she's incoherent and they don't even want to try to get her out of bed.

My reply to all this was to please do everything possible so that she doesn't suffer. I've said several prayers myself in the past 2 hours and asked the Man upstairs to do the right thing.
    Prayers for you all and for those caring for her. Sounds like she has decided to be done. I am glad she is in a place that can take care of her well.

Leave a comment:

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied

Thanks Bob.

Got one of "those" phone calls this morning. She has apparently taken a drastic turn for the worse since the hospice nurse was there Saturday afternoon. So much so that the nurse is implementing "comfort measures". The director of the facility (who called me) thinks it will be soon.

They were waiting for her doctor to sign some papers and for the pharmacy to deliver some "supplies" so they could begin getting her "comfortable". They think she's exhibiting signs of renal failure as her skin is very discolored; she's incoherent and they don't even want to try to get her out of bed.

My reply to all this was to please do everything possible so that she doesn't suffer. I've said several prayers myself in the past 2 hours and asked the Man upstairs to do the right thing.
    More prayers for her and you.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Thanks Bob.

Best of luck to your aunt and you, Mark. I really hope they can control her pain.

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
    Both my experiences around hospice in recent years (mom and stepmom), they were really great to work with. Saying some prayers for you Mark.
    Thanks Bob.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gray
    replied

Both my experiences around hospice in recent years (mom and stepmom), they were really great to work with. Saying some prayers for you Mark.

On our foster placement, the little boy was moved to another home (where a sibling was), so we're waiting for our next placement. It's hard, as they call and ask if you'll take a given child, and you say yes, and then they don't call back a second time, with you eventually figuring out you weren't the one selected. We've had a number of these false starts, so to speak.

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Glad you have someone who is so pragmatic to help you!
    From a prior experience with hospice 32 yrs ago when my grandfather passed, it didn't really surprise me. The entire conversation today was helpful on so many levels.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

I spent over 2 hours on the phone with the hospice social worker today. She was absolutely great, and did a tremendous job of easing many of my concerns. Probably the most important thing she did was to explain, in very easy to understand terms, that my financial concerns about running out of money within the next year (probably a lot sooner), while warranted, may never come to be. To put it bluntly, having been diagnosed as end stage, it may not ever be an issue. She's the first one I've spoken to in the past few weeks to put it out there like that. Everyone else has been non-committal whenever I've asked the question. As tough as it is to fathom that eventuality, it's a fact that needed to be addressed. That said, she agreed that we need to be prepared, and she will be looking into alternatives for us to explore over the next week.

I'm feeling better about the whole situation than I have in quite a while.
    Glad you have someone who is so pragmatic to help you!

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied

I spent over 2 hours on the phone with the hospice social worker today. She was absolutely great, and did a tremendous job of easing many of my concerns. Probably the most important thing she did was to explain, in very easy to understand terms, that my financial concerns about running out of money within the next year (probably a lot sooner), while warranted, may never come to be. To put it bluntly, having been diagnosed as end stage, it may not ever be an issue. She's the first one I've spoken to in the past few weeks to put it out there like that. Everyone else has been non-committal whenever I've asked the question. As tough as it is to fathom that eventuality, it's a fact that needed to be addressed. That said, she agreed that we need to be prepared, and she will be looking into alternatives for us to explore over the next week.

I'm feeling better about the whole situation than I have in quite a while.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Mark
    both my parents ended up with dementia and/or Alzheimers, don't have much to add but I hope you can get through this ok, its a tough road ahead. You are doing the right thing by trying to make her as comfortable as possible. She won't be able to communicate whether its working or not but its the best you can do. Good luck
    one other thing you might touch base with a lawyer who specializes in Elder care

Leave a comment:

Working...
X