X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Thread for prayers, good vibes and what have you

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Be honest. Mum, this string of bad things sux but it is what it is and you need to decide whether you are going to spend the rest of your life bemoaning what happened or what you can't do or you can live to the best of your ability. Or~ "Mum, we have been over this before. You know what I think. I love you and it is too painful to watch/hear you not>>>(pick what ever it is)<<< I can't talk about it anymore. I can help you with what you need done but you need to talk to [medical/counselor person] about that stuff"

You also might want to check with her medical team. You said she had a stroke. Did it affect the part of her brain for mood? Another more pertinent question- if your Mum was always a woe is me person then that won't change. Only you can change how you deal with it or not.

Good Luck Shirtless- I have one of those in my family too and it really can be a trial! When it starts up I ask- why do you talk like that? It usually works.
    Sad thing is, she wasn't always like this; she used to be a determined, "do what I want and * the consequences" kind of person. Now, it seems her biggest concern is being able to watch her favorite TV show.

One time, she said she wished she was dead... being frustrated with her at the time, I sighed and told her that could be arranged.

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
    Just got a call from mom. Grandpa (her dad) is being transferred to hospice care this afternoon. They are stopping kidney dialysis (he normally had it a few times a week but had been recently having it everyday). Mom said they told her he may have 5-7 days but stranger things have happened. Either way its likley he will pass soon. He has lived a long full life though as he is approaching his 93rd birthday (or maybe 92nd...I lost track),
    Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
    I'll ask for a prayer of thanks. An old guy ran a red light Friday (the thirteenth) afternoon and t-boned me dead center on the driver's side. A woman who saw it said my car went up in the air "like in the movies." Landed on the right side, rolled the rest of the way back to upright, and went head on into a light pole. When I was upside down I relaxed and gave it over to God. I think He had already sent the angels. Airbags were deployed from everywhere. Several windows were shattered. There isn't a piece of metal on that car that you could salvage for another Honda CRV owner. Me? A couple scrapes, a couple bruises, and a bloody nose. I did more damage going down a flight of stairs unconscious.

Please pray for Burnell, the guy that hit me. I don't know why he ran the light, but pray that it doesn't happen again. And pray that if he didn't know the Lord, that he does now.
    Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
    I am going through the same thing with my Grandma. They stopped dialysis on Friday. She is in too much pain to continue. She is 91 years old. I just don't want to go to work because I don't want to walk into the house and hear the news. My thoughts are with you as well. I really do feel your pain.
    Prayers and well-wishes for all.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
      Sad thing is, she wasn't always like this; she used to be a determined, "do what I want and * the consequences" kind of person. Now, it seems her biggest concern is being able to watch her favorite TV show.

One time, she said she wished she was dead... being frustrated with her at the time, I sighed and told her that could be arranged.
      That is sad. I remember that she had a stroke. Sometimes that really screws the brain up. If you haven't talked to her medical team you might want to consider it- SOmetimes they have meds that help.

Comment

I am going through the same thing with my Grandma. They stopped dialysis on Friday. She is in too much pain to continue. She is 91 years old. I just don't want to go to work because I don't want to walk into the house and hear the news. My thoughts are with you as well. I really do feel your pain.
        Grandma passed away this morning. As I said in the Lodge, I am waiting to hear when I head out to North Dakota for the funeral.

I thank you all for your thoughts.
        Originally posted by Skeeterman
        Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in here with their struggles and survivals, especilly with those who have lost loved ones. I hadn't seen this thread before.

Want to share a brief happy tale, after a breast cancer scare, my mom has no been cancer-free for 3 years (had an exam yesterday and doesn't have to go back for another year). On the heels of losing my dad in '08 from Esophageal and liver cancer, this is some good news.

I am also fortunate that my one remaining grandparent, my grandma, is celebrating her 95th birthday in a few weeks, and was proud to photograph her with all 11 of her great grandchildren at a recent wedding.

I am thankful for the news of my mom's health, and pass on good vibes to everyone!

Comment

Gibber, that is great!

Grandma passed away this morning. As I said in the Lodge, I am waiting to hear when I head out to North Dakota for the funeral.

LwB- sorry to hear. Prayers for you all.

Comment

I cannot thank all of you enough for your support. It is really helping me get through this. Thank you.
              Originally posted by Skeeterman
              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I just lost my last grandpa just a few weeks ago so I know what you're going through.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

A friend, Matt Smith, who is a HE/ECAC/AHL official has found out he has stage 4 spinal/lung cancer. Please keep him in your prayers.

Please continue to keep my wife, who has stage 3B lung cancer, in your prayers.
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                    A friend, Matt Smith, who is a HE/ECAC/AHL official has found out he has stage 4 spinal/lung cancer. Please keep him in your prayers.

Will do. Cancer sux!

Comment

• Re: A Thread for prayers, good vibes and what have you

Done and done...
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                      Northeast Regional:
                      West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good thoughts headed your way
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          That is sad. I remember that she had a stroke. Sometimes that really screws the brain up. If you haven't talked to her medical team you might want to consider it- SOmetimes they have meds that help.
                          That's part of the problem; her old doctor suddenly quit the practice and the new one thinks Mom's a druggie, so the doctor took Mom off the pills that were actually working.

Also, when Mom went to the ER last, the EMTs mishandled her and broke her knee; we didn't find out until she went to see her orthopedic surgeon last month. As of her appointment yesterday, she found out that if the knee braces don't work, she might have to have her leg amputated.

Will do. F U, cancer!

Also, my friend Drew is having surgery on his hips today.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Also, when Mom went to the ER last, the EMTs mishandled her and broke her knee; we didn't find out until she went to see her orthopedic surgeon last month. As of her appointment yesterday, she found out that if the knee braces don't work, she might have to have her leg amputated.
                            That's unbelievable! Do you have any sort of recourse or are the EMT's somehow protected?
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                            Northeast Regional:
                            West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                              I'll ask for a prayer of thanks. An old guy ran a red light Friday (the thirteenth) afternoon and t-boned me dead center on the driver's side. A woman who saw it said my car went up in the air "like in the movies." Landed on the right side, rolled the rest of the way back to upright, and went head on into a light pole. When I was upside down I relaxed and gave it over to God. I think He had already sent the angels. Airbags were deployed from everywhere. Several windows were shattered. There isn't a piece of metal on that car that you could salvage for another Honda CRV owner. Me? A couple scrapes, a couple bruises, and a bloody nose. I did more damage going down a flight of stairs unconscious.

Please pray for Burnell, the guy that hit me. I don't know why he ran the light, but pray that it doesn't happen again. And pray that if he didn't know the Lord, that he does now.
                              Yikes! Good vibes headed your way! (And everyone else's in this thread that is going through a rough time.)

Comment

That's part of the problem; her old doctor suddenly quit the practice and the new one thinks Mom's a druggie, so the doctor took Mom off the pills that were actually working.

Will do. F U, cancer!

Also, my friend Drew is having surgery on his hips today.
                                Wow-you might want to have her see a psychopharm (psychiatrist) to have her evaluated which would give you ammo to show she isn't one. That really stinks about your Mum's knee-- no wonder she is in a FUnk!!

Comment

Working...
                                X