X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A Thread for prayers, good vibes and what have you

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
    Update: They kept my dad overnight for monitoring. I think later today they are going to determine if surgery is needed. He called me late last night and sounded good.
    Hope things turn out ok. saying another prayer. Uncertainty isn't comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      Hope things turn out ok. saying another prayer. Uncertainty isn't comfortable.
      Hope things are OK, LWB. We're all here for you.
      Twitter: DanMountSports
      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

I just spoke with my dad. They are going to do some kind of oscopy tomorrow. After that, they are going to see what is the course of action. They say Thursday could be the earliest to be released, but more than likely Friday. This has been going on and off again for almost 7 years.

Thank you all for the thoughts.
        Originally posted by Skeeterman
        Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

I'll be praying for you and your dad too LwB.
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
            I just wanted to update everyone on my wife and mine's infertility situation. She had her appointment today and the doctor told her that they need to treat the little bit of endometriosis in here system. That means she has to have six months of injections and that we cannot try for six months. I've been on the verge of tears all day thinking about this. I see all these pictures of their babies and sonograms and I feel so envious. Am I bad person for being jealous? I'm just so heartbroken.
            Bad person? No. Human? Yes.

It took my wife and I 3 years and we went through stages of hope, despair, envy, ect. We watched as friends got on with their families while we seemingly were stuck in neutral.

Those feelings just mean it's important to you and there's not much in the world more important.

Hang in there.
            Last edited by Gurtholfin; 02-04-2014, 05:31 PM.

Comment

I just spoke with my dad. They are going to do some kind of oscopy tomorrow. After that, they are going to see what is the course of action. They say Thursday could be the earliest to be released, but more than likely Friday. This has been going on and off again for almost 7 years.

That's tough when a health situation goes on for so long. Hang in there. Prayers headed your way.
              Originally posted by Priceless
              Good to see you're so reasonable.
              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
              Very well, said.
              Originally posted by Rover
              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

In desperate need of prayers- for me, my family and Mum. Mum had elective surgery despite having no idea how she was going to deal with aftermath (no wt bearing for at least 6 wks) both financially and physical arrangements. Whole family expressed deep concerns to her and to Dr. before surgery. Surgery went ahead. Family mtg in rehab at beginning- mult concerns expressed. She is now ready for discharge with none of the questions answered and insisting on discharge to home. It is not safe. She is going to end up falling again, had no way to get to bathroom, has no way to enter or exit house either in an emergency or to get to follow up appointments. Family in an uproar. Every time anyone tries to get her to deal with it she cries and gets off phone. Rehab is trying to get us to take responsibility. Not happening. Couldn't have a worse scenario.

Comment

Wow. Few things are as hard as family situations where you see others making bad choices/not listening to those who love them and want to help them make better choices. Prayers heading your way pronto!
                  Very well, said.
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                    Wow. Few things are as hard as family situations where you see others making bad choices/not listening to those who love them and want to help them make better choices. Prayers heading your way pronto!
                    Thanks. JUst found out mores stuff that complicates things more. Had enough already.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      In desperate need of prayers- for me, my family and Mum. Mum had elective surgery despite having no idea how she was going to deal with aftermath (no wt bearing for at least 6 wks) both financially and physical arrangements. Whole family expressed deep concerns to her and to Dr. before surgery. Surgery went ahead. Family mtg in rehab at beginning- mult concerns expressed. She is now ready for discharge with none of the questions answered and insisting on discharge to home. It is not safe. She is going to end up falling again, had no way to get to bathroom, has no way to enter or exit house either in an emergency or to get to follow up appointments. Family in an uproar. Every time anyone tries to get her to deal with it she cries and gets off phone. Rehab is trying to get us to take responsibility. Not happening. Couldn't have a worse scenario.
                      Thoughts and prayers for both of you!
                      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                        I just wanted to update everyone on my wife and mine's infertility situation. She had her appointment today and the doctor told her that they need to treat the little bit of endometriosis in here system. That means she has to have six months of injections and that we cannot try for six months. I've been on the verge of tears all day thinking about this. I see all these pictures of their babies and sonograms and I feel so envious. Am I bad person for being jealous? I'm just so heartbroken.
                        What you are feeling is very normal. I was in surgery for 5 hours for stage 4 endo. No fun. So these injections, are they to put her in a pseudo menopause? I know that is one treatment option. Our daughter has infertility too, she had a miscarriage a couple months ago and it was heartbreaking.
                        Originally Posted by aparch
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

My dad is being released from the hospital today. They found in his intestines polyps that ruptured so they clamped them. Now to find a way so they don't rupture again.

Les: thoughts are heading your way.
                          Originally posted by Skeeterman
                          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

My dad is being released from the hospital today. They found in his intestines polyps that ruptured so they clamped them. Now to find a way so they don't rupture again.

Glad they worked it out!

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                              It is a very hard thing. I know what you're going through. We ended up going the route of fostering and adopting, and am in the process of moving toward adopting a little boy who we've had in our home about a year and a half. It's not a route for everyone, and it has its challenges, and ups and downs, but it is a way to not only have children, but also provide a loving home for kids who otherwise might not be in more challenging circumstances growing up.
                              Very well, said.
                              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Good news!
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X