• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Thread for prayers, good vibes and what have you

Prayers your way!

Comment

Dad is out of the hospital and at home now. But still not normal or fully healthy by any means. Had an MRI that I believe didnt show anything abnormal (something my mom and I both feared due to his very poor short term memory and other issues). His family doctor or whatever now thinks that the problems may have been casued by a pain patch he has been using for some time so he has stopped using it. Its weird though because he has been using it for quite a while and never had this kind of issue I dont think. But perhaps it was just a perfect storm of problems now and that pain patch was what made it go over the edge. I wish I knew. Hopefully he will continue to recover from the brain tumor and start to regain his short term memory and be back to normal or at least close to it. And hopefully his meds help his problems rather than cause more. Continued thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
        Dad is out of the hospital and at home now. But still not normal or fully healthy by any means. Had an MRI that I believe didnt show anything abnormal (something my mom and I both feared due to his very poor short term memory and other issues). His family doctor or whatever now thinks that the problems may have been casued by a pain patch he has been using for some time so he has stopped using it. Its weird though because he has been using it for quite a while and never had this kind of issue I dont think. But perhaps it was just a perfect storm of problems now and that pain patch was what made it go over the edge. I wish I knew. Hopefully he will continue to recover from the brain tumor and start to regain his short term memory and be back to normal or at least close to it. And hopefully his meds help his problems rather than cause more. Continued thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers.
        That patch stuff can act really weird. My Mo-in-law was fine until she started to lose wt then she was a crazy person from it. The weight change really messed her response to it. Hope it all works out!

Comment

Many of you know about my mom's run of bad luck when it comes to her health over the past couple years. While my dad and I have tried to do what we can for her, we are getting tired of the "woe is me" attitude and the misery she's trying to breed around here. Question is, how do you deal with the attitude while still trying to care for her?
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
            Many of you know about my mom's run of bad luck when it comes to her health over the past couple years. While my dad and I have tried to do what we can for her, we are getting tired of the "woe is me" attitude and the misery she's trying to breed around here. Question is, how do you deal with the attitude while still trying to care for her?
            Be honest. Mum, this string of bad things sux but it is what it is and you need to decide whether you are going to spend the rest of your life bemoaning what happened or what you can't do or you can live to the best of your ability. Or~ "Mum, we have been over this before. You know what I think. I love you and it is too painful to watch/hear you not>>>(pick what ever it is)<<< I can't talk about it anymore. I can help you with what you need done but you need to talk to [medical/counselor person] about that stuff"

You also might want to check with her medical team. You said she had a stroke. Did it affect the part of her brain for mood? Another more pertinent question- if your Mum was always a woe is me person then that won't change. Only you can change how you deal with it or not.

Good Luck Shirtless- I have one of those in my family too and it really can be a trial! When it starts up I ask- why do you talk like that? It usually works.

Comment

Just got a call from mom. Grandpa (her dad) is being transferred to hospice care this afternoon. They are stopping kidney dialysis (he normally had it a few times a week but had been recently having it everyday). Mom said they told her he may have 5-7 days but stranger things have happened. Either way its likley he will pass soon. He has lived a long full life though as he is approaching his 93rd birthday (or maybe 92nd...I lost track),

Comment

Just got a call from mom. Grandpa (her dad) is being transferred to hospice care this afternoon. They are stopping kidney dialysis (he normally had it a few times a week but had been recently having it everyday). Mom said they told her he may have 5-7 days but stranger things have happened. Either way its likley he will pass soon. He has lived a long full life though as he is approaching his 93rd birthday (or maybe 92nd...I lost track),
                That is very sad. Prayers for all. No matter what anyone says about living a long life etc it never seems enough.

Comment

I'll ask for a prayer of thanks. An old guy ran a red light Friday (the thirteenth) afternoon and t-boned me dead center on the driver's side. A woman who saw it said my car went up in the air "like in the movies." Landed on the right side, rolled the rest of the way back to upright, and went head on into a light pole. When I was upside down I relaxed and gave it over to God. I think He had already sent the angels. Airbags were deployed from everywhere. Several windows were shattered. There isn't a piece of metal on that car that you could salvage for another Honda CRV owner. Me? A couple scrapes, a couple bruises, and a bloody nose. I did more damage going down a flight of stairs unconscious.

Please pray for Burnell, the guy that hit me. I don't know why he ran the light, but pray that it doesn't happen again. And pray that if he didn't know the Lord, that he does now.
                  bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                  SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                  All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                  A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                    I'll ask for a prayer of thanks.

Please pray for Burnell, the guy that hit me.
                    Wow... the fact that you're able to tell us about this is amazing. Was Burnell hurt?
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                    Northeast Regional:
                    West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

I'll ask for a prayer of thanks. An old guy ran a red light Friday (the thirteenth) afternoon and t-boned me dead center on the driver's side. A woman who saw it said my car went up in the air "like in the movies." Landed on the right side, rolled the rest of the way back to upright, and went head on into a light pole. When I was upside down I relaxed and gave it over to God. I think He had already sent the angels. Airbags were deployed from everywhere. Several windows were shattered. There isn't a piece of metal on that car that you could salvage for another Honda CRV owner. Me? A couple scrapes, a couple bruises, and a bloody nose. I did more damage going down a flight of stairs unconscious.

Please pray for Burnell, the guy that hit me. I don't know why he ran the light, but pray that it doesn't happen again. And pray that if he didn't know the Lord, that he does now.
                      WOW. prayers sent up/

Comment

He wasn't transported to the hospital. I don't know what kinds of minor injuries he may have suffered. Or that may appear after a few days. I seem to have some aches and bruises appearing that were not bothersome on Friday.
                        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

I am going through the same thing with my Grandma. They stopped dialysis on Friday. She is in too much pain to continue. She is 91 years old. I just don't want to go to work because I don't want to walk into the house and hear the news. My thoughts are with you as well. I really do feel your pain.
                          Originally posted by Skeeterman
                          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Good to hear that you are not seriously injured! I think I might add a prayer for Honda's engineers while I am at it.
                            Orginally Posted by Sloe Gin - Legal is the Queen of the board.

Race Diva and "Ruler of the South"

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1
                            I must say that I was impressed by the amount of alcohol she coud handle.

Originally posted by Markt
                            That almost lifts the sadness of realizing just how far out of my league Legal is. Almost.

Comment

prayers going out for all.
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Sounds like Mandi Schwartz had a setback... She's no longer in remission which is required for the stem cell transplant.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X