X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leswp1
    replied
    Re: A Thread for prayers, good vibes and what have you

Holding my breath. It sounds as if Mum les has decided to go to Asst living for a month until she can wt bear. Phew. Praying hard this works out.

Leave a comment:

• Lady wore Black
    replied

I get a text from my mom. The doctor decided to keep my dad in the hospital for one more night to monitor his blood levels. Apparently he lost too much this time, but he sounds great over the phone.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gray
    replied

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    It takes special people to do this, bless you!
    Thanks. As much as we've done for the little guy, we feel like he's given more to us!

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
    It is a very hard thing. I know what you're going through. We ended up going the route of fostering and adopting, and am in the process of moving toward adopting a little boy who we've had in our home about a year and a half. It's not a route for everyone, and it has its challenges, and ups and downs, but it is a way to not only have children, but also provide a loving home for kids who otherwise might not be in more challenging circumstances growing up.
    It takes special people to do this, bless you!

Leave a comment:

• theprofromdover
    replied

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
    My dad is being released from the hospital today. They found in his intestines polyps that ruptured so they clamped them. Now to find a way so they don't rupture again.

Les: thoughts are heading your way.
    Good news!

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gray
    replied

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
    I just wanted to update everyone on my wife and mine's infertility situation. She had her appointment today and the doctor told her that they need to treat the little bit of endometriosis in here system. That means she has to have six months of injections and that we cannot try for six months. I've been on the verge of tears all day thinking about this. I see all these pictures of their babies and sonograms and I feel so envious. Am I bad person for being jealous? I'm just so heartbroken.
    It is a very hard thing. I know what you're going through. We ended up going the route of fostering and adopting, and am in the process of moving toward adopting a little boy who we've had in our home about a year and a half. It's not a route for everyone, and it has its challenges, and ups and downs, but it is a way to not only have children, but also provide a loving home for kids who otherwise might not be in more challenging circumstances growing up.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

My dad is being released from the hospital today. They found in his intestines polyps that ruptured so they clamped them. Now to find a way so they don't rupture again.

Glad they worked it out!

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Lady wore Black
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

I just wanted to update everyone on my wife and mine's infertility situation. She had her appointment today and the doctor told her that they need to treat the little bit of endometriosis in here system. That means she has to have six months of injections and that we cannot try for six months. I've been on the verge of tears all day thinking about this. I see all these pictures of their babies and sonograms and I feel so envious. Am I bad person for being jealous? I'm just so heartbroken.
    What you are feeling is very normal. I was in surgery for 5 hours for stage 4 endo. No fun. So these injections, are they to put her in a pseudo menopause? I know that is one treatment option. Our daughter has infertility too, she had a miscarriage a couple months ago and it was heartbreaking.

Leave a comment:

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied

I just spoke with my dad. They are going to do some kind of oscopy tomorrow. After that, they are going to see what is the course of action. They say Thursday could be the earliest to be released, but more than likely Friday. This has been going on and off again for almost 7 years.

Thank you all for the thoughts.
    Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    In desperate need of prayers- for me, my family and Mum. Mum had elective surgery despite having no idea how she was going to deal with aftermath (no wt bearing for at least 6 wks) both financially and physical arrangements. Whole family expressed deep concerns to her and to Dr. before surgery. Surgery went ahead. Family mtg in rehab at beginning- mult concerns expressed. She is now ready for discharge with none of the questions answered and insisting on discharge to home. It is not safe. She is going to end up falling again, had no way to get to bathroom, has no way to enter or exit house either in an emergency or to get to follow up appointments. Family in an uproar. Every time anyone tries to get her to deal with it she cries and gets off phone. Rehab is trying to get us to take responsibility. Not happening. Couldn't have a worse scenario.
    Thoughts and prayers for both of you!

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
    Wow. Few things are as hard as family situations where you see others making bad choices/not listening to those who love them and want to help them make better choices. Prayers heading your way pronto!
    Thanks. JUst found out mores stuff that complicates things more. Had enough already.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gray
    replied

Wow. Few things are as hard as family situations where you see others making bad choices/not listening to those who love them and want to help them make better choices. Prayers heading your way pronto!

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

In desperate need of prayers- for me, my family and Mum. Mum had elective surgery despite having no idea how she was going to deal with aftermath (no wt bearing for at least 6 wks) both financially and physical arrangements. Whole family expressed deep concerns to her and to Dr. before surgery. Surgery went ahead. Family mtg in rehab at beginning- mult concerns expressed. She is now ready for discharge with none of the questions answered and insisting on discharge to home. It is not safe. She is going to end up falling again, had no way to get to bathroom, has no way to enter or exit house either in an emergency or to get to follow up appointments. Family in an uproar. Every time anyone tries to get her to deal with it she cries and gets off phone. Rehab is trying to get us to take responsibility. Not happening. Couldn't have a worse scenario.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gray
    replied

I just spoke with my dad. They are going to do some kind of oscopy tomorrow. After that, they are going to see what is the course of action. They say Thursday could be the earliest to be released, but more than likely Friday. This has been going on and off again for almost 7 years.

Thank you all for the thoughts.
    That's tough when a health situation goes on for so long. Hang in there. Prayers headed your way.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Bad person? No. Human? Yes.

It took my wife and I 3 years and we went through stages of hope, despair, envy, ect. We watched as friends got on with their families while we seemingly were stuck in neutral.

Those feelings just mean it's important to you and there's not much in the world more important.

Hang in there.
    Last edited by Gurtholfin; 02-04-2014, 05:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X