X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A Thread for prayers, good vibes and what have you

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
    My wife goes in for ovarian drilling on the 16th. The doctor thinks this will clear out he cysts in the ovaries and gives us a six month window to try and conceive. She'll be in pain for a couple of weeks, but I hope it works. My cousin had this done and she conceived in a month.
    Sending up a prayer

Comment

My wife goes in for ovarian drilling on the 16th. The doctor thinks this will clear out he cysts in the ovaries and gives us a six month window to try and conceive. She'll be in pain for a couple of weeks, but I hope it works. My cousin had this done and she conceived in a month.
      Just in time for Christmas. Good thoughts heading your way. A rabbi friend of mine (who is no longer with us) Dr. Hyman Judah Schachtel of Temple Beth Israel in Houston used to tell this joke: Joseph and Mary are on their way to Bethlehem, and as any young couple would do, they were considering names for the child. At one point Mary suggests "Jesus." Joseph says "No. Everybody will think we're Puerto Rican." Don't get the wrong idea. Rabbi Schachtel told jokes about everyone. Always with a twinkle in his eye and love and respect in his heart.

Anyway, here's hoping things turn out well for you. This would surely be the right time of year for it.
      Last edited by Old Pio; 12-04-2013, 11:08 PM.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

I would appreciate prayers for our friends (married couple) in Grand Forks that we stayed with over Thanksgiving. Both of their mothers died today. To make matters worse, he is in a town about 60 miles from Grand Forks where his mother was and due to the weather he can't get home to be with his wife. Ugh.
        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
          I would appreciate prayers for our friends (married couple) in Grand Forks that we stayed with over Thanksgiving. Both of their mothers died today. To make matters worse, he is in a town about 60 miles from Grand Forks where his mother was and due to the weather he can't get home to be with his wife. Ugh.
          That is so sad. praying for them all

Comment

I'd appreciate prayers for a new foster placement we got just over a week ago. We got him as a newborn and we're not sure what his future holds (or even what he's been through to this point), but we want to take the best care of him we can as long as he's under our roof.
            Originally posted by Priceless
            Good to see you're so reasonable.
            Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
            Very well, said.
            Originally posted by Rover
            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
              I'd appreciate prayers for a new foster placement we got just over a week ago. We got him as a newborn and we're not sure what his future holds (or even what he's been through to this point), but we want to take the best care of him we can as long as he's under our roof.
              God knows and that is all that is needful. Saying a prayer for all

Comment

I never dreamed I'd be asking complete strangers on a hockey forum for this, but I guess everyone needs thoughts and prayers at some point.

The short story is I have an elderly aunt that is the last remaining relative on my dad's side of the family. Since my dad passed 46 yrs ago, my aunt has been like a second mother to me. For the past 5 years she has been in an assisted living facility for people with Alheimer's. As her only remaining next of kin, I have POA over her estate and am responsible for her care.

In the past year, her health has steadily declined. Last week, she spent a night at the hospital after collapsing, and they could find nothing medically wrong with her. Their best guess is just the nasty progression of the disease. To make matters worse, for about the past 6 months, she has not been communicating verbally at all... just moans and groans. Now she is unable to ambulate on her own as well.

The facility is recommending additional assistance, whether it be a live-in caregiver, a skilled nursing facility, or perhaps even hospice care. We are meeting with the hospice people tomorrow after they do an evaluation. To say this has put a damper on my already down mood for the holidays is an understatement.

In the past 2 days I have found myself praying that the good Lord does right by her so that she doesn't continue to suffer. That has placed another level of guilt on my shoulders but I feel it's in her best interest as she is simply existing at this point.

If you fine folks could manage to include us in your prayers during this difficult time, it would be greatly appreciated.
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                  I never dreamed I'd be asking complete strangers on a hockey forum for this, but I guess everyone needs thoughts and prayers at some point.

The short story is I have an elderly aunt that is the last remaining relative on my dad's side of the family. Since my dad passed 46 yrs ago, my aunt has been like a second mother to me. For the past 5 years she has been in an assisted living facility for people with Alheimer's. As her only remaining next of kin, I have POA over her estate and am responsible for her care.

In the past year, her health has steadily declined. Last week, she spent a night at the hospital after collapsing, and they could find nothing medically wrong with her. Their best guess is just the nasty progression of the disease. To make matters worse, for about the past 6 months, she has not been communicating verbally at all... just moans and groans. Now she is unable to ambulate on her own as well.

The facility is recommending additional assistance, whether it be a live-in caregiver, a skilled nursing facility, or perhaps even hospice care. We are meeting with the hospice people tomorrow after they do an evaluation. To say this has put a damper on my already down mood for the holidays is an understatement.

In the past 2 days I have found myself praying that the good Lord does right by her so that she doesn't continue to suffer. That has placed another level of guilt on my shoulders but I feel it's in her best interest as she is simply existing at this point.

If you fine folks could manage to include us in your prayers during this difficult time, it would be greatly appreciated.
                  Consider it done. I'm in a similar situation but not as far down the road.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

That is so hard. Saying a prayer for you both. It doesn't sound as if she is doing well at all. You know who she was and are better equipped than anyone to know what she would have wanted. If she is falling for no reason on top of being non-verbal, it won't be long before other functions fail- the ability to eat, for one. Praying the good Lord does right by her is the most merciful and unselfish thing you could do.

Ck your rep/email.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers for you both.
                      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Good vibes to you.

Just wanted to mention my wife is recovering and her surgery went well. The drilling went swimmingly and there were no blockages of any kind.
                        Twitter: DanMountSports
                        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Good vibes to you.

Just wanted to mention my wife is recovering and her surgery went well. The drilling went swimmingly and there were no blockages of any kind.
                          w0000t!!

Comment

Glad I happened in on this thread. Prayers being said for your family! Please update us when you can.
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Thanks folks... it is appreciated.

And as if this weren't a big enough cross to bear, my wife was laid off from her job last night. Supposed to only be a 10-12 week temporary furlough, but I'm not buying it.
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Thanks folks... it is appreciated.

And as if this weren't a big enough cross to bear, my wife was laid off from her job last night. Supposed to only be a 10-12 week temporary furlough, but I'm not buying it.
                                Poop.

Comment

Working...
                                X