This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A Thread for prayers, good vibes and what have you

When I had my appy out last year, they wheeled me in. Both of the young anesthesiologists told me, "Fade, in about 15-20 seconds it's gonna sorta feel like you just polished off a 12-pack of Coors, and then we'll see you in about 2-2.5 hours." Last thing I remember was the other one saying, "Coors? C'mon surely we can do better than that." I was already too woozy to laugh or agree.

I didn't wake up until I was in the OR, and still very groggy, but not groggy enough to dull the pain in my gut. Farking thing burst right as they were taking it out, so in a way I was lucky, but not lucky enough.

Best of wishes, brooky.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
      Yeah, I think I would want em to go a little on the heavy side personally. I can always chill out somewhere post surgery somewhere not having a care in the world while the meds wear off.
      Well, not too deep. Breathing isn't underrated. I always tell them to give me just enough to keep me on the table. It takes me forever to wake up. Like days

Comment

Asking for prayers for a local family. Wonderful people who just lost their 6 yr old to cardiomyopathy today after a valiant fight. The little boy was on the transplant list but not considered critical enough yet to proceed with the procedure. They just had a second baby after doing due diligence and being told they should be OK. It sounds as if the baby is heading down the same path with many of the same sx after looking awesome at discharge. My heart is breaking for them. They are wonderful parents. This was totally unexpected.

Just came back from a funeral today and now this.

Please consider being an organ donor.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          Asking for prayers for a local family. Wonderful people who just lost their 6 yr old to cardiomyopathy today after a valiant fight. The little boy was on the transplant list but not considered critical enough yet to proceed with the procedure. They just had a second baby after doing due diligence and being told they should be OK. It sounds as if the baby is heading down the same path with many of the same sx after looking awesome at discharge. My heart is breaking for them. They are wonderful parents. This was totally unexpected.

Will certainly keep them in my prayers. It truly breaks my heart every time I hear of anyone who dies while waiting. I've known too many myself.
          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Thoughts heading your way, les.
            Originally posted by Skeeterman
            Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
            "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Tough situation. Prayers on the way.

Agreed on organ donation!
              Originally posted by Priceless
              Good to see you're so reasonable.
              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
              Very well, said.
              Originally posted by Rover
              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Update-Now 6 yr old son's funeral was Saturday. The young baby, Jack, is having worsening feeding problems as well as increasing problems with cardiac function. They just posted today he had surgery to place a g-tube to help with feeding. The baby is out of surgery but the older son had serious issues with anesthesia so this is a very tough time.

The family is reeling with the loss of one child and now the surgery. They are so overwhelmed and asking for prayers for Jack and to give them strength to hold it together. I am asking on their behalf for your prayers. I have seen so many people that are effected. They all are hurting. When you do what I do you learn to put things in a mental box, pray about it, give it to God and let it go as best you can, even if it is in your personal life. This is not going in a box. It is open, raw and so, so painful.

Comment

Back again asking for more prayers for Little Jack and his family. Little Jack is admitted again after a very brief stay at home.

Comment

Back again asking for more prayers for Little Jack and his family. Little Jack is admitted again after a very brief stay at home.
                    Prayers headed their way.
                    Originally posted by Priceless
                    Good to see you're so reasonable.
                    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                    Very well, said.
                    Originally posted by Rover
                    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                      Prayers headed their way.
                      Thanks. This is just a heartbreaking thing to watch. Both parents work in the schools. Not only have they lost their firstborn, they worry about their baby and they are surrounded by children. The son that died went to the father's school so he has to deal with the classmates too. I can't even imagine.

Comment

Injured hunter chooses to end own life. I'm posting this because the hunter here, Tim Bowers, is a friend of my brothers. My brother is also friends with his sisters as well and many people I know are connected to him in some way (though I did not know him personally). Tim was an avid hunter and fell from his tree stand on Saturday evening. He crushed his C3, C4 and C5 paralyzing him from the shoulders down. He was alone for upwards of 4 hours before a friend found him after not meeting up at a specified time. On Sunday the family gave Tim the choice. They and his doctors explained his situation in great detail. He would need a ventilator for the rest of this life and likely spend much of his life in the hospital. Tim himself made the decision to be removed from life support. Making an already sad story even more sad, Tim had just been married not to long ago and had his first child on the way. I ask that you keep he and his family and friends in your thoughts as they go through this tough time.

Comment

Wow. That is a very tough situation. Prayers for you all.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                            Injured hunter chooses to end own life. I'm posting this because the hunter here, Tim Bowers, is a friend of my brothers. My brother is also friends with his sisters as well and many people I know are connected to him in some way (though I did not know him personally).
                            This story was in our local paper yesterday, was mentioned on at least one national news program last night, and is featured on CNN's homepage. It appears it's garnered national attention.
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                            Northeast Regional:
                            West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

My brother said the line at the viewing was out the door at the funeral home and taking three hours to get through. They (various friends of Tim's) have had a few impromptu fundraisers over the past few nights to raise some money for his unborn child. My brother said the one he happened to be at on Wednesday night (just some friends gathering to play horseshoes or something) raised $1200 and they had another last night of some kind. Apparently lots of donations coming in from around the country too. After posting the original story I realized I went to school with his wife from kindergarten through high school (we knew each other but didn't hang out or anything).

Comment

My wife goes in for ovarian drilling on the 16th. The doctor thinks this will clear out he cysts in the ovaries and gives us a six month window to try and conceive. She'll be in pain for a couple of weeks, but I hope it works. My cousin had this done and she conceived in a month.
                                Twitter: DanMountSports
                                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Working...
                                X