X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A Thread for prayers, good vibes and what have you

Originally posted by melmac View Post
    So... If you guys could pray for some peace for my best friend, I'd really appreciate it.
    Today she buried one grandma and lost her other one while she was visiting her. The first was unexpected, the second was, we think, waiting for her to come home. A very sad day for her.
    saying a prayer

Comment

Praying for one of my best friends, he is having a kidney removed because of Cancer tomorrow. So prayers for him.

On the good vibes side...it is exactly 1 year until my wedding date. We have the venue set and booked. She has already bought her dress. I'm truly a lucky guy to have her!

*****http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6049/6218629719_a4f1defa39_m.jpg******
      Last edited by dubbie31; 10-06-2011, 08:53 PM.
      Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
      www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
        So... If you guys could pray for some peace for my best friend, I'd really appreciate it.
        Today she buried one grandma and lost her other one while she was visiting her. The first was unexpected, the second was, we think, waiting for her to come home. A very sad day for her.
        Prayers headed her way.

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
        Praying for one of my best friends, he is having a kidney removed because of Cancer tomorrow. So prayers for him.

On the good vibes side...it is exactly 1 year until my wedding date. We have the venue set and booked. She has already bought her dress. I'm truly a lucky guy to have her!

*****http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6049/6218629719_a4f1defa39_m.jpg******
        Prayers for you too!
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
          Prayers headed her way.

Prayers for you too!
          And for you sir....thank you.
          Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
          www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Prayers for your friend and you too. It is never easy to watch someone go thru that.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              Prayers for your friend and you too. It is never easy to watch someone go thru that.
              Its tough for him. He's has medical issues his whole life. But, he's a tough old bastard. He'll get through it.

RIP Butch

sigpic
              www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Prayers for your good friend on the way. Suffered the same fate with a transplanted kidney in 2007. It ain't no picnic. Cancer sucks. I hope everyone involved can hang in there and overcome. I'll pray for that.
                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                  Prayers for your good friend on the way. Suffered the same fate with a transplanted kidney in 2007. It ain't no picnic. Cancer sucks. I hope everyone involved can hang in there and overcome. I'll pray for that.
                  Surgery was delayed to tomorrow. Rozzi is in great spirits right now...nervous as hell but in good spirits. Keep he and his family in your thoughts. He has 2 little girls as well. The Doctors have given him a good shot as recovery as the cancer was caught early.

I will have an update later as to his progress.

We have set up a fund for his family so that it may help with the costs. The link in my sig line will take you to the site.

*****http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6051/6228325385_412dbd7f11_m.jpg******
                  Last edited by dubbie31; 10-09-2011, 09:04 PM.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                  www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    On it.
                    Thank you. Two things happened that gave me some reassurance on Sunday before the race. For starters, one of my coaches from Team in Training reached out and tapped my necklace, as if to say "mom is with you," and then a total stranger wished me good luck and said "your mom is proud of you."

And yes, I cried after I crossed the finish line!

Surgery was delayed to tomorrow. Rozzi is in great spirits right now...nervous as hell but in good spirits. Keep he and his family in your thoughts. He has 2 little girls as well. The Doctors have given him a good shot as recovery as the cancer was caught early.

I will have an update later as to his progress.

We have set up a fund for his family so that it may help with the costs. The link in my sig line will take you to the site.

*****http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6051/6228325385_412dbd7f11_m.jpg******
                    Continued prayers for his recovery.
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Thank you. Two things happened that gave me some reassurance on Sunday before the race. For starters, one of my coaches from Team in Training reached out and tapped my necklace, as if to say "mom is with you," and then a total stranger wished me good luck and said "your mom is proud of you."

Way to go Shirtless!

Comment

Just got word that Rozzi is in recovery now.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                        www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Just got word that Rozzi is in recovery now.
                          hope all is going well

Comment

Good job, Shirtless.
                            Twitter: DanMountSports
                            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Just got an email from Rozzi's Brother...

"Just heard from Andrea, he got back on the ward just after 7, obviously feels like s*** and not very well, but at least the surgeon thinks he managed to get all that bad s*** out of him, just a case of seeing how well he recovers and whether that Kidney of his is recyclable to a nice pie!!!!!

Seriously, they are now going to analyse the stuff and hopefully in a week or so, as Rozzi gets stronger we know exactly where we stand (albeit Rozzi will be lying down).

Any further news you lot will be one of the first to hear."

So, definitely some good news there!

RIP Butch

sigpic
                              www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Just got an email from Rozzi's Brother...

"Just heard from Andrea, he got back on the ward just after 7, obviously feels like s*** and not very well, but at least the surgeon thinks he managed to get all that bad s*** out of him, just a case of seeing how well he recovers and whether that Kidney of his is recyclable to a nice pie!!!!!

Seriously, they are now going to analyse the stuff and hopefully in a week or so, as Rozzi gets stronger we know exactly where we stand (albeit Rozzi will be lying down).

Any further news you lot will be one of the first to hear."

So, definitely some good news there!
                                YAY!!!!

And I received an update about my boss: she's very weak right now. She can't sit up on her own, she can't eat... she can barely do anything. Word is they'll be moving her to a Hospice facility very soon.

Hey cancer: * you.

Comment

Working...
                                X