• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Gray
    replied
    Re: A Thread for prayers, good vibes and what have you

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
    In the words of Prof. Farnsworth.... "Good news everyone."

I've posted on this thread that my wife's cycle hasn't been the same since we miscarried a year or so ago. We've been trying so hard to have a baby, but with little success. About a couple of months ago, she went to her doctor, but was told at the very last minute that he canceled. She was beside herself and I told her to try my doctor. She went there and he ran a myriad of bloodwork on her and he found her to be very iron deficient. He put her on Iron pills and Vitamin D3 (which was also low). She hadn't had a natural period since last year. (The others were forced by Provera or stacking birth control for a flush of her system.) However, this weekend she finally cycled on her own. I can't believe her other doctor didn't test for Anemia in the year that she saw him. Anyways, it looks like her and I are on the right path at least and we can get back to trying.
    Awesome!

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post

I've posted on this thread that my wife's cycle hasn't been the same since we miscarried a year or so ago. We've been trying so hard to have a baby, but with little success. About a couple of months ago, she went to her doctor, but was told at the very last minute that he canceled. She was beside herself and I told her to try my doctor. She went there and he ran a myriad of bloodwork on her and he found her to be very iron deficient. He put her on Iron pills and Vitamin D3 (which was also low). She hadn't had a natural period since last year. (The others were forced by Provera or stacking birth control for a flush of her system.) However, this weekend she finally cycled on her own. I can't believe her other doctor didn't test for Anemia in the year that she saw him. Anyways, it looks like her and I are on the right path at least and we can get back to trying.
    w00t!

Leave a comment:

• MountieBoyOz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gray
    replied

Glad to hear it's gradually improving for you!

Leave a comment:

• Proud2baLaker
    replied

I posted an update to Facebook yesteday, will do so here too.

Its been 2 weeks now since I was diagnosed with the Bell's Palsy. Things are improving gradually. I have notice that my eyebrow will now raise up some (it had not been moving at all) and that I am not as droopy there anymore. I also have more control of the muscles around my mouth. Eating and drinking is a little easier and I notice now when I smile there is just the slightest little curl upwards on the right side when there used to be nothing. My blink reaction seems stronger though I still cannont close my right eye independently but it is getting there.

I did have some neck pain behind the ear and some headaches last week but those are symptoms and I am guessing that I didnt notice them at first because of the steroids. That pain is gone now though. I have had some drainage from the eye but that seems to be improving as well. My friends and co-workers have told me that any effects are hardly noticeable anymore. Hopefully a few more weeks and I wont even notice anymore.

Thanks all for the good thoughts. I am keeping those who have asked here in my thoughts as well.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
    Bad report. Seems the chemo isn't working and the cancer has spread to her lungs, so they're setting up hospice. Time to plan a visit, soon.
    Poop. Will be praying for you

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gray
    replied

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
    Stepmom goes in for scans today to check out her liver after three go arounds of chemo over the last month and a half. If it has gone well, they will operate and try to remove all the growths.
    Bad report. Seems the chemo isn't working and the cancer has spread to her lungs, so they're setting up hospice. Time to plan a visit, soon.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Prayers for both of you and your families. Livers aren't good today it seems

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gray
    replied

Stepmom goes in for scans today to check out her liver after three go arounds of chemo over the last month and a half. If it has gone well, they will operate and try to remove all the growths.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
    Thanks. It does help hearing that people got/get better. Thankfully my vision is fine and everything so I am still able to drive and work and get around and what not.
    Good. Hope things have continued to improve.

While I was away at my church's men's retreat this weekend, I got a phone call from my aunt saying my biological father was not doing so well. So I called my step-mother in Vegas, and come to find out, he's got cirrhosis of the liver and has taken a turn for the worse. I thought he was recovering nicely after getting sepsis earlier in the year, but now, I just don't know... and I can't get out to Vegas to see him.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    that is no fun. If it helps any- I have never seen a case that didn't get better. Prayers for you.
    I could use a few good vibes. I have a case of Bell's Palsy that was diagnosed this morning. The right side of my face is essential paralyzed. I do have some muscle movement but not much and I can control my tongue ok so the doc said it is not a severe case as it could be. Got put on some high dose steroids for a week. Hopefully between that and time it will do the trick. Still kind of freaked me out some but from what I am reading most people recover just fine.
    Mom got hers after a Deer Tick bite. She's up there in years and has not completely recovered (2 yrs).

Leave a comment:

• gmann
    replied
    I could use a few good vibes. I have a case of Bell's Palsy that was diagnosed this morning. The right side of my face is essential paralyzed. I do have some muscle movement but not much and I can control my tongue ok so the doc said it is not a severe case as it could be. Got put on some high dose steroids for a week. Hopefully between that and time it will do the trick. Still kind of freaked me out some but from what I am reading most people recover just fine.
    Vibes have been sent.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

Good luck hopefully gets better.

Leave a comment:

• Proud2baLaker
    replied

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    that is no fun. If it helps any- I have never seen a case that didn't get better. Prayers for you.
    Thanks. It does help hearing that people got/get better. Thankfully my vision is fine and everything so I am still able to drive and work and get around and what not.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X