• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leswp1
    replied
    Re: A Thread for prayers, good vibes and what have you

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Good news: I found a job, which means I can start crawling out of my own hole. I will start putting money aside not only for a car, but to move out.

My new job will be third shift at Wal-Mart, which means I'm going to need prayers for adjusting to that lifestyle. Right now, I go to bed at midnight and wake up at 8. That's going to have to change. And this job is also temp-to-hire, which means if I do well, I can move into something permanent.
    Prayers coming your way! When do you start?

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    I don't think the answer is you have done nothing. The answer is 'Insight' is your first step. Without it you didn't know to take the next step which is acknowledging that the right thing is not easy. Or the next step which is getting over the pain of knowing you have to to do something that is painful to you and someone else.

Painful as it is to move on- when someone is doing something unhealthy sometimes your moving on is what they need to make a step themselves. Your stepdad is a grown up. With you always watching over him he is the child and you are the adult. Time to let him revert to being a grown up. Gauranteed you will get a lot of emotional blackmail, either purposeful or not, as you move toward being healthy. One of the most powerful analogies I ever heard during psych classes likened a dysfunctional family as a group of things inside an elastic band. When someone starts to get healthy and distance themself it drew the rest of the family closer together and increased the pressure on the person to snap back to the center. As long as you know to expect that the behaviours will escalate as you get more healthy you can be ready for it and identify the increased crazy for what it is.

You did not sign up to support your Stepdad's crazy just because your Mum married him.

Prayers for you both. I always tell people that whoever said doing the right thing always feels right is a nutjob. Sometimes doing the right thing feels awful and uncomfortable. It is still the right thing.
    Good news: I found a job, which means I can start crawling out of my own hole. I will start putting money aside not only for a car, but to move out.

My new job will be third shift at Wal-Mart, which means I'm going to need prayers for adjusting to that lifestyle. Right now, I go to bed at midnight and wake up at 8. That's going to have to change. And this job is also temp-to-hire, which means if I do well, I can move into something permanent.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gray
    replied

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
    Got the call from the dermatologist yesterday afternoon. Pathology results verify squamous cell carcinoma...pretty much eliminating me from eligibility for a needed transplant I've been waiting five years for. Probably for good. I'm having some difficulty coming to grips with these circumstances at present.
    Prayers headed your way.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Got the call from the dermatologist yesterday afternoon. Pathology results verify squamous cell carcinoma...pretty much eliminating me from eligibility for a needed transplant I've been waiting five years for. Probably for good. I'm having some difficulty coming to grips with these circumstances at present.
    thoughts headed your way.

Leave a comment:

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied

Horrible news brooky - prayers coming your way.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

That really sucks

Leave a comment:

• brookyone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    I don't know this for a fact but I suspect priceless is in need of a few prayers. Anytime you go to the ER on short notice it's not good.
    And I want to echo others here. Prayer is a very powerful tool. Amazing what it can do.
    Crap. I hadn't heard anything about that. Will start praying!

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

I don't know this for a fact but I suspect priceless is in need of a few prayers. Anytime you go to the ER on short notice it's not good.
    And I want to echo others here. Prayer is a very powerful tool. Amazing what it can do.

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
    Bassets are really cool dogs. Sorry for your loss. We've got a lab who is starting to show his age and there'll be a big hole in our home when he's gone.
    That hole is what my family is going through. It's tough for them because they don't have a dog now. I'm lucky that I do.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gray
    replied

Bassets are really cool dogs. Sorry for your loss. We've got a lab who is starting to show his age and there'll be a big hole in our home when he's gone.

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

My first kitty died when Lil was 2. He is now almost 17 and I still miss her. It is like losing a child except half the world doesn't get why it is a loss.
    Great point. There is something amazing about a bond between a pet and owners.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    Thanks Les...my first dog ever and I'm going to miss him.
    My first kitty died when Lil was 2. He is now almost 17 and I still miss her. It is like losing a child except half the world doesn't get why it is a loss.

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

sorry
    Thanks Les...my first dog ever and I'm going to miss him.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    Having my childhood and first dog put down later today. A 13 year old Basset Hound named Barley. He has major hip problems that limits his mobility, along with deafness and arthritis, he is in too much pain for us to keep him around. Gonna miss going home to my parents place to see him. Basset Hounds rule, I'm going to miss having one.
    sorry

Leave a comment:

Working...
X