replied
    Re: A Thread for prayers, good vibes and what have you

Glad to hear it all came out OK!

Leave a comment:

• Carter
    replied

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    Whew! Thanks for the prayers. She is fine. They were able to remove the holder and 3" piece of corn cobb without surgery. They did an endiscopy which allowed them to insert a light and lasso the stuff. It took a few hours and many tries to get it all out.
    Glad she's okay. Having had dogs who've eaten things they shouldn't (once a bit of mower chopped tennis ball, once just burrs), and having them go through surgery both times at roughly $1200 per, I know how serious it is. Although the bill for Sassy's hours long fishing expedition may even top that. It'd be nice if she learned her lesson, but nah, they never do.

Leave a comment:

• gmann
    replied
    Whew! Thanks for the prayers. She is fine. They were able to remove the holder and 3" piece of corn cobb without surgery. They did an endiscopy which allowed them to insert a light and lasso the stuff. It took a few hours and many tries to get it all out.
    Did you get to keep the corn cob holder for the next time corn on the cob is served?
    Last edited by gmann; 05-05-2013, 12:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Ouch. Hope it worked out!

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied

I would appreciate prayers for Sassy, my 6 month old Golden Retreiver. She will be in surgery in a few minutes. She swallowed a corn cobb holder - the plastic yellow handle things with 2 metal prongs.
    Yikes! I hope everything went well?

Leave a comment:

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied

I would appreciate prayers for Sassy, my 6 month old Golden Retreiver. She will be in surgery in a few minutes. She swallowed a corn cobb holder - the plastic yellow handle things with 2 metal prongs.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
    Ive been trying to get a new job for a while now. I have a job now but it doesnt pay well, and is like the most basic entry type stuff in my field (aquaculture). I have applied to many locations and have been at least minimally qualified. Some I have not gotten interviews. One I had a phone interview but didnt get selected to go on. The next I was one of 3 selected for an in-person interview but didnt get it. Now I am applying for another that I'd really like to get. I am qualified for it. The guy that runs the hatchery sent an email to my old boss at Southern Illinois Univ. saying he would love to be able to hire and SIU grad (this guy also graduated from there) so I am hoping that helps.

I could use the good vibes and what not as jobs in this field that pay well and that I am qualified for are scarce. If I cant find something soon, I am afaid I may have to move back home with the folks as I can't really afford living on my own and the hours at my current place may get hard to come by as the summer comes on.
    Saying a prayer that it all works out! Hang in there.

Leave a comment:

• Proud2baLaker
    replied

Ive been trying to get a new job for a while now. I have a job now but it doesnt pay well, and is like the most basic entry type stuff in my field (aquaculture). I have applied to many locations and have been at least minimally qualified. Some I have not gotten interviews. One I had a phone interview but didnt get selected to go on. The next I was one of 3 selected for an in-person interview but didnt get it. Now I am applying for another that I'd really like to get. I am qualified for it. The guy that runs the hatchery sent an email to my old boss at Southern Illinois Univ. saying he would love to be able to hire and SIU grad (this guy also graduated from there) so I am hoping that helps.

I could use the good vibes and what not as jobs in this field that pay well and that I am qualified for are scarce. If I cant find something soon, I am afaid I may have to move back home with the folks as I can't really afford living on my own and the hours at my current place may get hard to come by as the summer comes on.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
    I do have some good news. My wife was finally officially diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). (That prevents her from ovulating and having a regular cycle.) They put her on metformin because of insulin resistance a couple months ago and she's down 23 pounds after a follow up appointment. She feels happy and full of energy again. She's been taking frequent walks and being more active with a healthy diet. We do say a nutritionist today because it helps her along. We may not be there, but we have hope and that's all we want. She's inspired me to get more active as well. I'm glad we are getting somewhere. Thanks for all the kinds words, everyone.
    Fantastic!

Leave a comment:

• Lady wore Black
    replied

I do have some good news. My wife was finally officially diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). (That prevents her from ovulating and having a regular cycle.) They put her on metformin because of insulin resistance a couple months ago and she's down 23 pounds after a follow up appointment. She feels happy and full of energy again. She's been taking frequent walks and being more active with a healthy diet. We do say a nutritionist today because it helps her along. We may not be there, but we have hope and that's all we want. She's inspired me to get more active as well. I'm glad we are getting somewhere. Thanks for all the kinds words, everyone.
    Awesome! Positive thoughts continuing your way.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gray
    replied

That's great news!

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Horray! Praying that things keep going in a positive direction.

Leave a comment:

• MountieBoyOz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
    I can only handle x-amount. Usually I can brush it off. The story is that he decided that he was going to quit his job when our lease was up and move back to St. Cloud leaving me stranded. I am fine with the rollercoaster of yes/no he is going to apply to grad school. That I can brush off. Him yelling at me saying he was quitting his job and moving pushed me over the edge. He has since retracted it, but like I said, the damage has been done.

On the plus side, I do have an interview this week for a job in the west metro. I am not seriously looking, but is something comes up and sparks my interest, I will apply.
    Yep. That is over the line in a big way. You need to work out how to take care of yourself and if he decides that he might like to participate in a 'relationship' then see if he fits into what you want. That is plain BS. Needs a shirt that says "does not play well with others"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X