• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theprofromdover
    replied
    Re: A Thread for prayers, good vibes and what have you

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
    One of the easiest good deeds a person can do. Kudos to you. I don't understand why more people don't sign up. If I go in some tragic accident or something, I'd certainly hope some good could come out of the situation for others via transplant.
    My wife had signed up to be an organ donor. When she died from lung cancer I didn't think they would want any of her organs because of the chemo and radiation. I got a call from the Mass. Organ Bank that morning asking for permission to harvest her corneas. There are two women, one in Maine and one in NH who regained their sight because of my wife. The organ bank was incredibly supportive after the fact.

Leave a comment:

• brookyone
    replied

Living donor partnerships are also a terrific, benevolent opportunity for consideration. Relatively new that increases success rates through optimum matching of donors to recipients.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

One of the easiest good deeds a person can do. Kudos to you. I don't understand why more people don't sign up. If I go in some tragic accident or something, I'd certainly hope some good could come out of the situation for others via transplant.
    This! Some people are afraid that they will be allowed to die to harvest their organs (unlikely as the people who make the decision do not make the decision about the organs) and some people decline for religious reasons. Most people just don't think of it. Here's hoping someone in here does that hasn't before

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gray
    replied

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Signed up to be an organ donor when I renewed my driver's license.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    As do all those looking for transplants. She got the stay but that means someone else may be bumped down the list. There are never enough organs! To donate http://www.organdonor.gov/becomingdonor/
    Signed up to be an organ donor when I renewed my driver's license.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

As do all those looking for transplants. She got the stay but that means someone else may be bumped down the list. There are never enough organs! To donate http://www.organdonor.gov/becomingdonor/

Leave a comment:

• brookyone
    replied

The young lady and her loved ones could undoubtedly use some prayers.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/0...ansplant-case/

Leave a comment:

• geezer
    replied

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Reports of children trapped in an elementary school.
    This live stream is just heartbreaking. Unbelievable devastation, and all those kids apparently died under the school. Prayers for all affected for peace, unbelievably tragic.

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

So...OKC metro just got ***pwned with at least an EF4, possibly EF5 tornado.

Towns basically nonexistent. Reports of children trapped in an elementary school.
    Moore, OK. Fairly close to where I was at this time last year...

All children at Briarwood Elementary (which received a direct hit) have been accounted for.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Prayers heading your way.
    Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
    Hoping things work out. If you need anything, just ask.
    Thanks guys

Towns basically nonexistent. Reports of children trapped in an elementary school.
    yikes.

Leave a comment:

• Twitch Boy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MountieBoyOz
    replied

Parenting is not a picnic at the moment. Trying to best figure out how to deal with a school situation that may not be rescue-able. Kind of caught by surprise and feeling like we should have been more alert. Everyone is always telling us what amazing parents we are but somewhere we must have screwed up because we have a kid who got inducted into the Honor Society a few weeks ago and now may need summer school. Needing a few prayers.
    Hoping things work out. If you need anything, just ask.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gray
    replied

Parenting is not a picnic at the moment. Trying to best figure out how to deal with a school situation that may not be rescue-able. Kind of caught by surprise and feeling like we should have been more alert. Everyone is always telling us what amazing parents we are but somewhere we must have screwed up because we have a kid who got inducted into the Honor Society a few weeks ago and now may need summer school. Needing a few prayers.
    Prayers heading your way.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gray
    replied

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
    Wife and I have good news.

She got her follow up appointment done and she cut her insulin number from 26 to 15 and we found her progesterone was down to less than .20. She's down 30 pounds and I passed my "plumbing" tests. The doctor has given us the go-ahead to start trying again. My wife and I are really excited about this. Let's hope this works.
    Awesome!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X