This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A Thread for prayers, good vibes and what have you

I continue to ask for good thoughts, vibes, and prayers for Andrew, Jenica and Baby Kollin. I know the due date is fast approaching and I think it is getting to be tougher at times. A recent status on Facebook read "Well, we got thru reading "Goodnight Moon" to Kollin last night before bed with minimal tears. In fact we were giggling a little bit. Hoping for an uneventful and relaxing day. I can't seem to kick this cold! Mommy and daddy love you Kollin". After that Jenica posted: The next book will be a LOT harder to get thru, but dangit....we are reading it!!!!! Even if it takes 2 hours!.

Again I cant even imagine the range of emotions they are going through knowing that their child will be lucky to survive the birth and that it will be a small miracle to survive much longer than that. But they are showing an amazing amount of strength and courage and I think part of that is due to the amazing support they have been getting from family, friends and even strangers. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
      I continue to ask for good thoughts, vibes, and prayers for Andrew, Jenica and Baby Kollin. I know the due date is fast approaching and I think it is getting to be tougher at times. A recent status on Facebook read "Well, we got thru reading "Goodnight Moon" to Kollin last night before bed with minimal tears. In fact we were giggling a little bit. Hoping for an uneventful and relaxing day. I can't seem to kick this cold! Mommy and daddy love you Kollin". After that Jenica posted: The next book will be a LOT harder to get thru, but dangit....we are reading it!!!!! Even if it takes 2 hours!.

Again I cant even imagine the range of emotions they are going through knowing that their child will be lucky to survive the birth and that it will be a small miracle to survive much longer than that. But they are showing an amazing amount of strength and courage and I think part of that is due to the amazing support they have been getting from family, friends and even strangers. Thanks everyone.
      Tough situation indeed. Prayers have been sent.
      sigpic

Comment

What gmann said. Prayers their way and yours.

Comment

Tough day at work. Lots of people who are hurting emotionally. If you feel inclined say a prayer for all those who are feeling lost and overwhelmed. Many times they have physical complaints because when they can't cry from without they cry from within. This is a tough time of yr.

Comment

If they are Believers, be sure and baptize Kollin the minute he's out of Mommy, nothing fancy, just say, "I baptize you in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit". I'm sure he can hear thier prayers if the pray outloud too. Even with just a mustard seed of faith he'll be in Heaven when God calls him home. The Holy Spirit is with him; have faith.

We've had a couple deaths in our congregation over the last 24 hrs. God called 2 fine folks to Heaven, people who had faith and used it to the Glory of God here on earth. They will no longer feel the pain of the humanly ills that beset on them. They are rejoicing today. Naturally those of us still here are a bit sad. Death still sucks for those of us left. May their families and loved ones turn to God for strength in this time of need.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Sorry for your losses in the congregation. That is always tough. Those left behind are the ones who suffer.

As to the baptism- God made this child. He doesn't need cueing to figure out to bring him home. The baby is God's without any action on our part. He is God's child no matter what us mortals manage to do or not do. Pray for the parents. They are the ones that need it.

Comment

Just wanted to pass along that Andrew and Jenica have read the thread and appreciate the thoughts and prayers. I believe she had a visit with the OBGYN today (and they are right in the thick of all the snow hitting the midwest). Hopefully that goes well.

On other baby related news a co-worker of mine had his first child this week. A girl named Kennedy Laurel. So good thoughts to him, his wife and new child.

Comment

Nice to see good news.

Thanksgiving that my mammogram was normal. w00t!! 2 family members have had breast CA by age 47 and one died at 47. Ladies get your mammos!

Still praying for that couple. Toughest thing to go thru. They sound amazing!!

Comment

Sad news to report about baby Kollin. I just received a text from Andrew that Kollin has passed. Today at their appointment they were unable to find a heartbeat and an ultrasound confirmed it. Please keep Andrew, Jenica and baby Kollin in your thoughts.

Baby Kollin did get a chance to go to a LSSU Laker hockey game while in utero though. Andrew was happy to have that moment. Im sure baby Kollin was kicking with joy when the Lakers scored.
                    Last edited by Proud2baLaker; 02-01-2011, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Sad news to report about baby Kollin. I just received a text from Andrew that Kollin has passed. Today at their appointment they were unable to find a heartbeat and an ultrasound confirmed it. Please keep Andrew, Jenica and baby Kollin in your thoughts.
                      Will do. At least they got Goodnight Moon in.

Comment

Baby Kollin did get a chance to go to a LSSU Laker hockey game while in utero though. Andrew was happy to have that moment. Im sure baby Kollin was kicking with joy when the Lakers scored.
                        Very sorry to hear. (actually crying, but there isn't a crying face) My thoughts go out to your friends during this very very difficult time.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers are with your friends.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

My condolences to your friends. Prayers are being said.

On a happier note, our first grandchild, Michael James Murray, was born last night. 7 lbs, 9 oz, 20 inches long. Mom and baby doing well.
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                              my condolences to your friends. Prayers are being said.

On a happier note, our first grandchild, michael james murray, was born last night. 7 lbs, 9 oz, 20 inches long. Mom and baby doing well.
                              Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                                My condolences to your friends. Prayers are being said.

On a happier note, our first grandchild, Michael James Murray, was born last night. 7 lbs, 9 oz, 20 inches long. Mom and baby doing well.
                                Congratulations! (Just a quick note, he's the same size I was when I was born and I never got taller than 5'3", so maybe you'll have a Gerbe, but I'm doubting a Boyle )

Comment

Working...
                                X