X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brookyone
    replied
    Re: A Thread for prayers, good vibes and what have you

Had a biopsy last week of suspicious thyroid nodules. The news of results is not what I'd hoped but not unexpected. More cancer thus more surgery ahead. Third cancer diagnosis in five years. Beginning to suck a little bit.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
    Update about my aunt: found out it is stage 4 lung cancer. They are doing a full body scan to make sure that it has not spread. She has been told without treatment, 3 months to live. With treatment, 3 years to live.
    Yikes. Hope things go well

Leave a comment:

• Lady wore Black
    replied

Update about my aunt: found out it is stage 4 lung cancer. They are doing a full body scan to make sure that it has not spread. She has been told without treatment, 3 months to live. With treatment, 3 years to live.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
    Prayers headed your way. Sounds like she lived her life to the fullest.

And prayers headed to you Lady wore Black. That's a tough one when cancer makes multiple appearances. One of my wife's friends beat breast cancer only to have liver cancer appear shortly thereafter.

My wife and I would appreciate prayers for our little foster son's court hearing tomorrow. We want the best for him, whatever that is.
    Prayers headed your way

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gray
    replied

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    My 84 yr old cousin passed in the night. She was a lovely, brilliant woman who had her faculties until the end. We are going to miss her.
    Prayers headed your way. Sounds like she lived her life to the fullest.

And prayers headed to you Lady wore Black. That's a tough one when cancer makes multiple appearances. One of my wife's friends beat breast cancer only to have liver cancer appear shortly thereafter.

My wife and I would appreciate prayers for our little foster son's court hearing tomorrow. We want the best for him, whatever that is.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
    I get a phone call last night from my mom saying my aunt has lung cancer. Last year, my aunt had breast cancer. They caught it early last year, so she didn't have to go through chemo. I do not know the severity of the lung cancer, yet. It hurts as she is the aunt that has always supported my art.
    that is sad. Prayers for you all.

Leave a comment:

• Lady wore Black
    replied

I get a phone call last night from my mom saying my aunt has lung cancer. Last year, my aunt had breast cancer. They caught it early last year, so she didn't have to go through chemo. I do not know the severity of the lung cancer, yet. It hurts as she is the aunt that has always supported my art.

Leave a comment:

• gmann
    replied
    My 84 yr old cousin passed in the night. She was a lovely, brilliant woman who had her faculties until the end. We are going to miss her.
    Sorry about your loss.

Leave a comment:

• Lady wore Black
    replied

Sorry to hear. Thoughts heading your way.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Prayer of thankfulness. Lil les passed math. My computer stuff is for the moment fixed and instead of being 100 and HHH it seems to be a little less. (no AC so this is a big deal!)

Leave a comment:

• jen
    replied

For anyone else that needs it today - Jim Stingl's article on his dad : Living life on behalf of dad who didn't get this far

This article really struck a chord with me, as I was also 16 when my dad died, and next year, my brother will be the same age he was when he died.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gray
    replied

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    My wife had signed up to be an organ donor. When she died from lung cancer I didn't think they would want any of her organs because of the chemo and radiation. I got a call from the Mass. Organ Bank that morning asking for permission to harvest her corneas. There are two women, one in Maine and one in NH who regained their sight because of my wife. The organ bank was incredibly supportive after the fact.
    That's awesome! Thanks for sharing this.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    My wife had signed up to be an organ donor. When she died from lung cancer I didn't think they would want any of her organs because of the chemo and radiation. I got a call from the Mass. Organ Bank that morning asking for permission to harvest her corneas. There are two women, one in Maine and one in NH who regained their sight because of my wife. The organ bank was incredibly supportive after the fact.
    This post gave me goose bumps.

Leave a comment:

• brookyone
    replied

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...6pLid%3D327894

Prayers for success and a normal life for Sarah. Also prayers for all who are waiting. It's a big day when that call finally comes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X