X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brookyone
    replied
    Re: A Thread for prayers, good vibes and what have you

Thyroid gone. Out of recovery and into my room about an hour ago. Ouch! Keep the anti pain juice coming!

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

I was told this morning that I could reapply after 30 days, and there are friends who are willing to help me get into Meijer (another Big Box), but I'm tired of retail/service. I'm thinking this is my cue to find something much, much better.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    If nothing more, its a line on the resume. Somebody else might want you if you're out job hunting along with doing the Walmart gig.
    After this month, I won't be doing the Wal-Mart gig. I was told I could reapply after 90 days, but with any luck, I won't need to wait that long. No one's going to take me alive...

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    In a way, this could actually be a good thing. I wasn't adjusting very well to the overnight hours, and I had started to pick up the dietary habits of my coworkers (lots of junk food). So I'm going to use this as an opportunity to find a day job.
    If nothing more, its a line on the resume. Somebody else might want you if you're out job hunting along with doing the Walmart gig.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    poop! Saying a prayer shirtless.
    Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
    Sorry to hear.

If you want an opportunity here in MN, the place I work at is hiring another Customer Service.
    In a way, this could actually be a good thing. I wasn't adjusting very well to the overnight hours, and I had started to pick up the dietary habits of my coworkers (lots of junk food). So I'm going to use this as an opportunity to find a day job.

Leave a comment:

• Lady wore Black
    replied

Well, I don't have to wait any more. Was told last night that after August, it's over. Management decided not to keep me. So here I go again.
    Sorry to hear.

If you want an opportunity here in MN, the place I work at is hiring another Customer Service.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Well, I don't have to wait any more. Was told last night that after August, it's over. Management decided not to keep me. So here I go again.
    poop! Saying a prayer shirtless.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Hang in there Shirtless. Takes al lot of practice. You'll get it.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

It's been more than 120 days, and I'm still waiting to hear if my job with Wal-Mart is permanent. Also, I'm struggling with my finances, and it's a struggle to set a budget.
    Hang in there Shirtless. Takes al lot of practice. You'll get it.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gray
    replied

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
    Surgery ahead to remove the thyroid for malignancy. Just met the surgeon. Slight risk of damage to vocal chords. If I lose my vocal capabilities...well, those who see me regularly might consider it a bonus.

Unfortunately for the rest of you I'll most likely still be able to type.
    Humor is important! Kudos.

And prayers heading to you and Shirtless Bob.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

It's been more than 120 days, and I'm still waiting to hear if my job with Wal-Mart is permanent. Also, I'm struggling with my finances, and it's a struggle to set a budget.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Surgery ahead to remove the thyroid for malignancy. Just met the surgeon. Slight risk of damage to vocal chords. If I lose my vocal capabilities...well, those who see me regularly might consider it a bonus.

Prayers for you. Hopefully all goes well and you are able to give voice to what ever you want to.

Leave a comment:

• brookyone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Prayers for both of you and the sig others.

Leave a comment:

• Lady wore Black
    replied

Had a biopsy last week of suspicious thyroid nodules. The news of results is not what I'd hoped but not unexpected. More cancer thus more surgery ahead. Third cancer diagnosis in five years. Beginning to suck a little bit.
    Thoughts heading your way.

Thoughts are needed for me. Mr. wore Black is losing his job next week. Long story behind it. He does have an interview this week for a really good job. I hope he gets it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X