No announcement yet.

Unofficial prom with "Dirty Dancing" allowed at Licking Valley High School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unofficial prom with "Dirty Dancing" allowed at Licking Valley High School

Licking Valley? I hardly... knowing... valley?
    Cornell University Men's Hockey
    NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
    Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Why would they wait until they're 16 to go underage clubbing?
      Because before that they're taking care of the babies of older sisters who are going to night classes at Liberty. Duh!
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Wait. The students of this high school took the time to learn the rules of the dance ahead of time? Someone thought, let's go ask if they'll allow over the top **** dancing?
        Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

I still don't see why they all didn't just show up to their prom, got their Freak on there, all at once. What are the Adults going to do?? toss em all out?
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
            I still don't see why they all didn't just show up to their prom, got their Freak on there, all at once. What are the Adults going to do?? toss em all out?
            Yep.
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              Yep.
              And by "Yep.", MNS means, "They'll toss them out of school."
              Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
              I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
              Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                And by "Yep.", MNS means, "They'll toss them out of school."
                Right and deal with the wrath of the parents who were all this close to having them through HS? All little Timmy and Tammi have to do is just tell their folks that they weren't grinding at all.
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Right and deal with the wrath of the parents who were all this close to having them through HS? All little Timmy and Tammi have to do is just tell their folks that they weren't grinding at all.
                  So it's the word of school administrators vs. the word of a bunch of kids who thought they were above the rules and tried to call the administration's bluff...

Good luck with that.
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

So it's the word of school administrators vs. the word of a bunch of kids who thought they were above the rules and tried to call the administration's bluff...

Good luck with that.
                    10 years ago I would agree with you, today not so much. Districts will do anything not to rock the boat and if all the parents get ticked off the district will flip flop faster than Mitt Romney having a debate with Al Gore.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      10 years ago I would agree with you, today not so much. Districts will do anything not to rock the boat and if all the parents get ticked off the district will flip flop faster than Mitt Romney having a debate with Al Gore.
                      DING!

Correct!

It's fast becoming a dangerous environment to teach kids. If you don't give the kids exactly what they want or what the parents expect their kids to be able to achieve, they'll do anything from complain to you or administration...to full fledged suing the district.

Thank GOD it's not widespread... at least not yet.
                      Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

Originally posted by redwing77 View Post
                        DING!

Correct!

It's fast becoming a dangerous environment to teach kids. If you don't give the kids exactly what they want or what the parents expect their kids to be able to achieve, they'll do anything from complain to you or administration...to full fledged suing the district.

Q: Why did I get a B on this paper?
                        A: Because it just wasn't good enough for an A

Q: Would you take another look at it to be certain?
                        A: Certain that it wasn't actually a C paper? Sure thing.
                        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                          Q: Why did I get a B on this paper?
                          A: Because it just wasn't good enough for an A

Q: Would you take another look at it to be certain?
                          A: Certain that it wasn't actually a C paper? Sure thing.
                          Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey, now . . . . . I've used that line for many years and it works. I hope my students don't read this forum!!

Comment

Originally posted by redwing77 View Post
                            DING!

Correct!

We have a SPED student at our school who's mother is sueing our school because he is failing all of his classes and she does not feel we are making the adequate accommodations for him. He has also missed 37 days of school this semester.
                            UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                            NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                            Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Good luck with that.
                              When did this become about the American flags on Cinco de Mayo?
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                              X