• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Twins 2010: Part II - The Franchise Strikes Back

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Dick Bremer is obsessed with that hawk its funny

Seasons over!
    Rally Hawk!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
      Great, now PETA is going to get involved.
      That was a heck of a nice snag--picked that moth right out of mid-air
      Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
      Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

BabyJesus wouldn't have let this atrocity happen.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I've been told it's a peregrine falcon.

Edit: Yep. Sure as hell looks like it:

*****http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/352488/twinshawk.jpg******

I'm just waiting for this thing to drop down in a full-speed stoop and pick off a bird during the summer.

This is going to be very fun to watch.
          Last edited by dxmnkd316; 05-06-2010, 11:44 PM.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I pretty much thought that as soon as I saw it but Dick kept jabbering on about it being a hawk. Seeing as Peregrine Falcons are all over the place in the cities it made more sense to me
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              I pretty much thought that as soon as I saw it but Dick kept jabbering on about it being a hawk. Seeing as Peregrine Falcons are all over the place in the cities it made more sense to me
              The size of the thing alone should have been a tipoff to some. The peregrine falcon isn't a large bird by any means. So, I'm just hoping this thing sticks around picking off moths until it kills a pigeon or two this summer. Randy Johnson eat your heart out. You topped out at 102-104ish.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                The size of the thing alone should have been a tipoff to some. The peregrine falcon isn't a large bird by any means. So, I'm just hoping this thing sticks around picking off moths until it kills a pigeon or two this summer. Randy Johnson eat your heart out. You topped out at 102-104ish.
                No, they are not very big. Just awesome looking.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I've been told it's a peregrine falcon.

Edit: Yep. Sure as hell looks like it:

*****http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/352488/twinshawk.jpg******

I'm just waiting for this thing to drop down in a full-speed stoop and pick off a bird during the summer.

This is going to be very fun to watch.
                  I was told it's an American Kestrel, and based on the striping on its head, that may be correct.

*****http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~mzalunar/finalfalcons/falcons_files/image001.jpg******

Either way, pretty cool that it has decided to sit atop the foul pole.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." Ronald Reagan, 40th president of the US (1911-2004)

Just when I thought you couldn't be any dumber, you go and do something like this.....AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Comment

That was what they said on the broadcast...I still think it looks like the Peregrine Falcon and since I think they are cool I am going to stick with that
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

*****http://ibc.lynxeds.com/files/imagecache/node/pictures/Faucon%20de%20Barbarie%202.JPG******

This is a peregrine...

Edit: After staring at the two for a while, it looks more and more like an american kestrel. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a little disappointed. Oh well, still friggin awesome!
                      Last edited by dxmnkd316; 05-07-2010, 11:30 AM.
                      Code:

Comment

*****http://hypography.com/forums/members/theblackalchemist-albums-et-tu-darth-picture58-millennium-falcon.jpg******
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                          *****http://hypography.com/forums/members/theblackalchemist-albums-et-tu-darth-picture58-millennium-falcon.jpg******
                          win

hahahaha
                          Code:

Comment

Tonight's a washout, noon & 7PM tomorrow.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                            Twenty red lights in his honor
                            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised by this. The drainage system should be able to handle this.
                              Code:

Comment

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised by this. The drainage system should be able to handle this.
                                It's not just that its raining now. Its not going to stop, and there is still 6 more hours before the game.

Add to it that it rained hard yesterday for many hours and even the best drainage in the world isn't going to make the field playable.
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X