X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Twins 2010: Part II - The Franchise Strikes Back

Speaking of photoshop...

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NH0aEp1oDOI&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NH0aEp1oDOI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Re: Minnesota Twins 2010: Part II - The Franchise Strikes Back

I hope everything was okay with Blackie's family, and that he comes out tomorrow to dominate.
    Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
    Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Have they announced the roster move yet to make room for Blackburn?

I assume it's Manship going down, but that leaves them with only a 6 man bullpen. Kind of a scary thought given how the starters have played at times.
      04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
      USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
      I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
      Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
      I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

Originally posted by ajoyce02 View Post
        Have they announced the roster move yet to make room for Blackburn?

I assume it's Manship going down, but that leaves them with only a 6 man bullpen. Kind of a scary thought given how the starters have played at times.
        My guess is neshek. Apparently he's either getting sent down or being moved to the DL. A lot of bad blood between him and the twins right now. Sounds like he's on the way out...
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          My guess is neshek. Apparently he's either getting sent down or being moved to the DL. A lot of bad blood between him and the twins right now. Sounds like he's on the way out...
          They put Neshek on the DL Saturday in order to call up Ramos, so that's not an option with Blackburn.

Unless they put Mauer on the DL, I think it can only be Manship.

And I hope Neshek doesn't leave/part ways with the club, I love watching the guy pitch.

Comment

They put Neshek on the DL Saturday in order to call up Ramos, so that's not an option with Blackburn.

Unless they put Mauer on the DL, I think it can only be Manship.

And I hope Neshek doesn't leave/part ways with the club, I love watching the guy pitch.
            I missed that this weekend. If not him, then I have no idea. Casilla? Manship? Burnett?

I can't see Butera or Ramos. We need both until baby jesus is back.
            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              I missed that this weekend. If not him, then I have no idea. Casilla? Manship? Burnett?

I can't see Butera or Ramos. We need both until baby jesus is back.
              Casilla is out of options (which is why he made the club out of spring training instead of Tolbert), so probably not him. Plus they could use him as a late inning replacement to PR or something.

Burnett has proved pretty decent in the bullpen. I like Manship but I guess thinking about it now it'll probably be him.

Comment

Casilla is out of options (which is why he made the club out of spring training instead of Tolbert), so probably not him. Plus they could use him as a late inning replacement to PR or something.

Burnett has proved pretty decent in the bullpen. I like Manship but I guess thinking about it now it'll probably be him.
                I figured Casilla was running low, I didn't realize he was out of them. Which actually sucks for him in a way. Now he's going to sit in the dugout until he gets put in as a replacement. Not good for his advancement.
                Code:

Comment

Casilla is an infield version of Carlos Gomez. Don't really care if we get rid of him.

And I think the next thread should be called "Jim Thome's quest for 600."
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Manship should get sent down, he did well in his spot start, but none of the other moves make sense. Burnett has shown that he has a place on the roster, Casilla isn't going anywhere unless he gets thrown into a trade and both catchers have to stay up until BabyJesus is back.

I read early in the season that teams were wanting to get their hands on Ramos, and Billy Smith basically said that he's the one guy in the system that they won't give up. Take that however you want.

So, Ramos had 12 hits in AAA in the month of April. He has 7 hits in this first 2 games in the MLB.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

From the last thread. GE asked about Ramos playing third. It is the most obvious solution to our glut of catchers. Get Joe healthy. Let Ramos play half the season at third in AAA. Then get him back up here for September and hopefully a postseason run.

Comment

Originally posted by sagard View Post
                        From the last thread. GE asked about Ramos playing third. It is the most obvious solution to our glut of catchers. Get Joe healthy. Let Ramos play half the season at third in AAA. Then get him back up here for September and hopefully a postseason run.
                        But wouldn't it make more sense to consider moving Mauer? Afterall he is the one the Twins are on the hook for $184 million for. Let the kid take the abuse behind the plate.

Just playing devil's advocate here.

Comment

With the apparent glut at third that you guys are creating is Valencia the real trade bait? Need some pitching.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Can any of these guys play center for the Wild? That's a move we should really consider.

Comment

But wouldn't it make more sense to consider moving Mauer? Afterall he is the one the Twins are on the hook for $184 million for. Let the kid take the abuse behind the plate.

Just playing devil's advocate here.
                              Yep, I agree, but I bet BabyJesus doesn't...

Really, putting anyone at third would probably be for only a season. In all likelyhood, we'll be moving players out of the way to get Valencia to third to start next year.

My solution, bat-**** crazy, but just maybe crazy enough to work...
                              Trade Morneau for an ace, a legit top of the rotation guy, so then we'd have 2 of them
                              Cuddy and Mauer play first, opening up both more at bats for Thome at DH and more starts for Ramos at catcher.

The other option is to move Morneau to third, Mauer/Cuddy to first, Ramos to catcher. But that is alot of shaking up of the infield for a first place team, especially moving 2 gold glove caliber fielders to positions they have never played.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                              X