X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lacrosse Tragedy at U of Virginia

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    We Jewish Klansmen, and our Hindu Brothers dont pull punches
    I'm guessing you don't need an especially big hall for your meetings.

The truth of the matter is this event at UVA is equal parts tragedy and outrage. It also has zero to do with Duke, given that an actual crime occurred at UVA, while none did at Duke.

I'm pretty sure we've all known guys who were perfectly normal until they got a snoot full. I've always believed if a drunk is beligerant, violent, looking for a fight, etc, then you're seeing the real person. He just hides it until the booze causes those shields to go down. And if you add love/sex into the mix, then it can become extraordinarily volatile, what appears to be the case here.

But this kind of crime happens every day; more probably every hour, and involves people from all backgrounds, races, religions, etc. In fact, these deals frequently become murder/suicide (happened a couple of days ago in an Old Navy store in the Chicago loop) and sometimes children are slaughtered. Frequently (usually?) the person who does the killing has had encounters with the police--sometimes numerous encounters--yet the police "didn't do anything, to prevent the tragedy."

I'm truly not sure what generalized conclusions we can draw from the data. Nor what strategies we can employ to reduce significantly the number of occurances.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

My suggestion is you learn to read or go away

For reference, I never said they deserved anything and even told you (hence learning to read) I was saying they were lead to the slaughter too quick. Since you have no idea what you are talking about, who you are talking to, or well what the heck is going on, I think it is time I just say "good day" and walk away. You can go and have conversations with the voices in your head

Wait...weren't you the guy who said one of your great childhood memories was meeting Joe McCarthy? Please tell me that was you
      Yes, I did meet Joe McCarthy when I was 6 or 7. Please tell me you aren't holding THAT against me.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
        All of you wannabe klansmen keep it up.

I may be out of touch with the klan's current targets; but i was fairly certain it wasn't rich frat boys.
        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
          I may be out of touch with the klan's current targets; but i was fairly certain it wasn't rich frat boys.
          Ahem. It's called sarcasm. When will I learn to stop wasting it here?

Comment

Yes, I did meet Joe McCarthy when I was 6 or 7. Please tell me you aren't holding THAT against me.
            No, it is just a funny irony
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

No, it is just a funny irony
              Jeez, at that age, I think I thought McCarthy hosted a kid's TV show.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                You didn't get that memo?

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
                  Certainly YOU don't need a tutorial on sarcasm.

Comment

Certainly YOU don't need a tutorial on sarcasm.
                    Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

• Re: Lacrosse Tragedy at U of Virginia

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
                      i missed the last few meetings
                      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Towson is the team that NO ONE will root for this Sunday. They face the UVA women in Round One.
                        Twitter: DanMountSports
                        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                          Towson is the team that NO ONE will root for this Sunday. They face the UVA women in Round One.
                          Soo....they'll be outnumbered by what, 10 fans?

(I've seen way too much women's lacrosse, aka freeze tag w/ sticks, and it is lame).

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            Soo....they'll be outnumbered by what, 10 fans?

(I've seen way too much women's lacrosse, aka freeze tag w/ sticks, and it is lame).
                            Women's lax is a very dull game without contact, and the goggles they wear are kinda ridiculous, too.

Ordinarily, women's lax is played in front of a couple hundred friends and family. But I would expect a pretty big crowd (2,000?) at UVA for the women's NCAA opener as a lot of people will want to be there to show their support for the UVA team and for Yeardley Love's family.

Comment

Working...
                            X