X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lacrosse Tragedy at U of Virginia

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
    Patman is liberal?
    IMO you're confused a lot of the time. I haven't (and won't) made a study of his posts. But on this issue, he's coming across as a screaming anti-white, anti-fraternity, anti-jock a-hole. I'm wondering what his attitude was on the Duke "rape" case. This terrible incident at UVA has zero to do with race, IMO, but some of us just can't wait to find an angle to justify flogging our deeply held prejudices against others. It's never a pretty sight.

edit: and if it pleases you, substitute "open minded" for "liberal," in my previous post, okay?
    Last edited by Old Pio; 05-08-2010, 01:53 PM.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
      IMO you're confused a lot of the time. I haven't (and won't) made a study of his posts. But on this issue, he's coming across as a screaming anti-white, anti-fraternity, anti-jock a-hole. I'm wondering what his attitude was on the Duke "rape" case. This terrible incident at UVA has zero to do with race, IMO, but some of us just can't wait to find an angle to justify flogging our deeply held prejudices against others. It's never a pretty sight.

edit: and if it pleases you, substitute "open minded" for "liberal," in my previous post, okay?
      It's easy to be confused when you're trying to decipher utter nonsense.

And no, it wouldn't please me for you to try an backtrack that you think liberals are anti-white, bigoted, and a whole host of other bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
        It's easy to be confused when you're trying to decipher utter nonsense.

And no, it wouldn't please me for you to try an backtrack that you think liberals are anti-white, bigoted, and a whole host of other bull****.
        They are a great deal of the time, sweety. And it takes an awesome display of pig-headedness to deny it. Where on earth did you get the idea that I was endeavoring to "backtrack?" Not true, mon ami.

Comment

Race has NOTHING to do with it. It was love gone wrong and the guy couldn't handle it. He's got a history of a hot temper and it got him in trouble. I've been in a position where I had a relationship with someone I cared about end and I wanted to get mad, but I got over it. Alcohol + Temper = A Bad Combo.
          Twitter: DanMountSports
          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

They are a great deal of the time, sweety. And it takes an awesome display of pig-headedness to deny it. Where on earth did you get the idea that I was endeavoring to "backtrack?" Not true, mon ami.
            Yea I feel like endlessly repeating myself with you again.

Comment

But on this issue, he's coming across as a screaming anti-white, anti-fraternity, anti-jock a-hole.
              nothing he said was anti-white. the only person being racial here is you.
              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                nothing he said was anti-white. the only person being racial here is you.
                Delusional. Denial.

Comment

Man I thought the media's coverage of this was bad enough (do we really need to see highlights of the funeral, people die every day this is no more a tragedy than any other death) then I read what is going on here. Between the apparent race war and Patman's conversion into a white hating liberal this thread has officially made the hall of fame!

She is dead, move on. Racism exists, move on. Patman hates liberals with a passion so keep calling him one until his head explodes
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Between the apparent race war and Patman's conversion into a white hating liberal this thread has officially made the hall of fame!
                    All I want is for people to call things like they are. You know, its not like these things haven't happened before where unchecked scumbags do bad things.

http://www.wfsb.com/news/11054687/detail.html

This one was a classic... freshman gets killed outside of the chem building (when I graduated 3 years later there was still a temporary memorial there). The students involve run... i believe then take a vehicle to an out-of-state bodyshop to get it repaired. The parents of the little snowflakes that took this girl's life figured they could get UConn to make it all hush-hush so that they wouldn't have to be embarrassed because "that's what these schools do" or something to that effect.
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I hope everyone's cranium is safe. But it is possible to bring up an annecdote or in fact several about members of a given group and to endeavor to paint all members of that group. "Did you hear about the Jew who. . ." "That Mexican bastiche and his pals. . ." "Then there was the n****r who raped a white girl. . ." I don't think any of us who post here think that way. Yet one of us suggested his opinion of white guys, or jocks or fraternity guys or whatever it was, derived from the stealing of a press run of the Lowell newspaper. How is that single incident different from drawing negative inferences about all Jews, Latinos or African Americans based on some single incident? IMHO, there's no difference.

Comment

I think I know what Patman's getting at.

Rich folks = Minor issues, warning signs, etc. get ignored until it's too late because their money and influence can smooth things over

Athletes= Minor issues, warning signs, etc. often get ignored until it's too late because they're needed on the field!

Rich athletes? Pssh, nothing's happening to them until they slam an ex-girlfriend's head into a wall a few times, stab their ex-wife and some dude at her house a, or lock a 19 year old girl into a bar bathroom with them while some ex-cop bodyguards watch the door. And even in those last two cases, all they got was bad publicity.

You give someone money and the belief that they're untouchable, and you usually get bad things because while a person can be nice, people in general suck.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          I think I know what Patman's getting at.

Rich folks = Minor issues, warning signs, etc. get ignored until it's too late because their money and influence can smooth things over

Athletes= Minor issues, warning signs, etc. often get ignored until it's too late because they're needed on the field!

Rich athletes? Pssh, nothing's happening to them until they slam an ex-girlfriend's head into a wall a few times, stab their ex-wife and some dude at her house a, or lock a 19 year old girl into a bar bathroom with them while some ex-cop bodyguards watch the door. And even in those last two cases, all they got was bad publicity.

You give someone money and the belief that they're untouchable, and you usually get bad things because while a person can be nice, people in general suck.
                          You sound like the Reich's commissioner on race explaining why Jews need "special handling." You can rationalize your prejudices any way you like, they're still prejudices. I mentioned the martialing of annecdotes to justify bigotry in my previous post, thanks for making my case for me.

Comment

UVA hosts Mount St. Mary's this coming weekend. Looks like that little school is going to get dragged into this hot mess. I can see it coming a mile away.
                            Twitter: DanMountSports
                            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

You sound like the Reich's commissioner on race explaining why Jews need "special handling." You can rationalize your prejudices any way you like, they're still prejudices. I mentioned the martialing of annecdotes to justify bigotry in my previous post, thanks for making my case for me.
                              *****http://blogan.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/godwincat.jpg******

Go cry some more. It amuses me. Those poor, oppressed, rich, athletic, white boys.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Dude... honestly, get over yourself. Yes, the Duke thing was a miscarriage based on the perceptions of what people thought should be true.

In this UVA case... he already admitted it was "an accident"... beating some girl against the wall isn't an accident. Leaving her unconscious isn't an accident. How much do you want to bet the warning signs were there in his case?

You're so concerned about bigotry... who is looking for escape routes for evil here? Is there seriously an epidemic of falsely accused suburbanite-athletes? Sorry, 9 years of college and you tend to see what people are like. People run the gamut from saints to devils. I still wonder what twit thought it was worth his time to turn my license plate 135 degrees upwards... bet his teachers and parents think he's a good kid? Keep defending these "good kids"... even the Duke players weren't angels though they were sure as hell not guilty.
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X