Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Mega Sharks, Giant Octopus, Sid's Stache and Other Horrors

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Mega Sharks, Giant Octopus, Sid's Stache and Other Horrors

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    This is so awful, it might actually be entertaining:

http://985thesportshub.cbslocal.com/...-jack-edwards/
    I loved it. Did you hear "Naughty Massarotti? from a couple of weeks ago. Much better than the New Jack Edwards...

http://985thesportshub.cbslocal.com/...ty-massarotti/
    Originally posted by Bakunin
    Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

• Re: 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Mega Sharks, Giant Octopus, Sid's Stache and Other Horrors

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
      I loved it. Did you hear "Naughty Massarotti? from a couple of weeks ago. Much better than the New Jack Edwards...

Geddy Bruschi was probably worse. And funnier.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post

its like he didnt know what he was reading til it came up
        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          It's awful unfunny, not awful funny.

Who are those morons? It's like you took a couple high school students and told them to copycat every drive time sports duo cliche.
          Except that the love hockey, or at least pretend to really well. The station is the home of the B's, so it's expected they talk a lot of hockey, and if they have any qualms about that, they hide it very well. They're far better than any other morning sports show in the Boston area (though, that's not saying much, given the crap WEEI puts on the air...).
          Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
          -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            *****http://i.imgur.com/wYzuN.jpg******
            *****http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3556/4560217429_5acf411b03.jpg******
            Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
              Except that the love hockey, or at least pretend to really well. The station is the home of the B's, so it's expected they talk a lot of hockey, and if they have any qualms about that, they hide it very well. They're far better than any other morning sports show in the Boston area (though, that's not saying much, given the crap WEEI puts on the air...).
              I don't think they're faking it. T and R seem to legitimately like hockey and that goes back to their days on WBCN when they had Aaron Ward on most Wednesday.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                I don't think they're faking it. T and R seem to legitimately like hockey and that goes back to their days on WBCN when they had Aaron Ward on most Wednesday.
                Toucher is definitely a hockey fan, Haggerty makes fun of him for being such a fan.

That or he broke my sarcasm meter with his jabs on Twitter.
                R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

From the "How not to win friends and influence media" handbook: During exit interviews today, Alex Semin and Mike Green did not take questions from media members.

That's probably more than fair though since their days in Washington are on the perilous edge of being numbered.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                    From the "How not to win friends and influence media" handbook: During exit interviews today, Alex Semin and Mike Green did not take questions from media members.

That's probably more than fair though since their days in Washington are on the perilous edge of being numbered.
                    Nicklas Bäckström was rocking quite the awesome t-shirt.

*****http://www.nmubaseball.net/uscho/NicBackstromismyHero.jpg******
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Nicklas Bäckström was rocking quite the awesome t-shirt.

*****http://www.nmubaseball.net/uscho/NicBackstromismyHero.jpg******
                      Ahhh that's Gong Show Hockey gear if I'm not mistaken. Very appropriate to wear that in hockey-mad DC too.

Comment

You know what the Pens-Habs series needs?
                        Lady Gaga.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsQdD0adrW8

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post

Who the hell wants Green's overpaid lazy arse?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Who the hell wants Green's contract?
                            The GEICO caveman.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              The GEICO caveman.
                              Heh. On second thought, my edit describes him better though.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Who the hell wants Green's overpaid lazy arse?
                                I'm not sure if you're being facetious, but I think people are going overboard with the Green hate.

He's not a great defensive defenseman (though he has improved), and he probably shouldn't be a Norris Trophy finalist (though others like him, such as Paul Coffey have won it, so why not?). But he's the most prolific scoring defenseman in the NHL by a wide margin and a devastating weapon to have, partciluarly on a power-play. There are a LOT of teams that could use Mike Green, and would take Mike Green, and deliver a significant return for him.

The problem with the Caps has never been Mike Green. The problem in the first-round was a hot goaltender and bad luck, and it didn't help that they had several OTHER defensemen (and forwards) who simply weren't capable enough in their own zone.
                                "I try to be 100% realistic outside of the arena and 100% enthusiastic inside the arena. Not saying that's the only way, the right way, the best way, or even a good way - just my way." -LynahFan

Comment

Working...
                                X