Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Mega Sharks, Giant Octopus, Sid's Stache and Other Horrors

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Mega Sharks, Giant Octopus, Sid's Stache and Other Horrors

Here's the first of 5 straight Pens PP's

Comment

• Re: 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Mega Sharks, Giant Octopus, Sid's Stache and Other Horrors

Originally posted by ColbyWMHB View Post
      Does this game somehow count 3 wins? Does it give the Flyers a lead to start off Game 6? No. It's just one game. They could lose 6-0 tonight and it's still the same as their Game 4 loss.

Have teams routinely come back from 3-1 down only to tie the series and then LOSE game 7? Yes (I recall it may have happened once last year). The "momentum" argument is way overblown.

Are you guys (some here, some on Bruins boards) lining up on the bridge far too soon? Absolutely. YOU ARE STILL WINNING THE SERIES!!! Panic after Game 6 maybe. Not yet.
      Dude, panicking is fun. My team's 8-3 so far and I've still panicked 4 or 5 times.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
        I don't necessarily believe in "momentum", but I do believe in building confidence, and losing confidence.

I also think the Flyers have been playing better as this series has progressed, and the Bruins have been playing worse. Also, Krejci is a HUGE loss for the Bruins, while getting Gagne back is a HUGE gain.

I agree with you for the most part. Let's just say I have a REALLY bad feeling about this series, and it wouldn't surprise me to see the Bruins blow it (kinda feels like '04, when the Bruins were up 3-1...I'm pretty sure you were watching that series with some interest).
        I think the biggest detriment of the series continuing is that Tukka Rask looks like he could REALLY use some rest. He's not going to get any more (and perhaps less, if PIT wins tonight) than his Conference Finals opponent, should the Bruins get there.

Comment

Hamrlik has to get the puck out there...no more chanelling AK46.

Comment

Wideman's stick just shatters and Gagne walks in for a goal. 4-0 Philly.
            UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

Gagne makes it 4-0.

Bruins should just concede. Literally -- just go back to the locker room and get changed.

They know it's over, they don't want to bother with anything resembling work. They're going to get hurt out there.
              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

The Bruins have yet again become the Bruins.

Comment

Matt Cooke again, was it?

Comment

Here's the first of 5 straight Pens PP's
                    It's going to like that Conga Line in the old Bugs Bunny cartoon about baseball.
                    Twitter: DanMountSports
                    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Kudos to the refs; they called one they needed to call. Textbook interference. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason A View Post
                        The Bruins have yet again become the Bruins.
                        This.

When is Game 7 - Friday?

Comment

WIDEMAN ***ING SUCKS. Skate back and keep the puck away from Gagne, you moron, don't just try to pull up and hope Gagne won't be able to figure out that he can just skate around you.

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          Dude, panicking is fun. My team's 8-3 so far and I've still panicked 4 or 5 times.
                          You're in a similar situation - rooting for a team who, over the past 5 or 6 seasons, has shown no ability to close out series.

I think the biggest detriment of the series continuing is that Tukka Rask looks like he could REALLY use some rest. He's not going to get any more (and perhaps less, if PIT wins tonight) than his Conference Finals opponent, should the Bruins get there.
                          Honestly, I don't care if the Bruins win the Conference Finals (obviously I WANT them to); at this point, I just want them to MAKE the Conference Finals.

I'm not panicking, I just have NO faith in the Bruins right now. This is the 11th game they've played this post-season, and for really the first time, they are looking like the team we watched all regular season. That team won't beat a fired up Flyers team. Maybe they'll come out in one of the next two games and actually play hard like they did in the first three games of this series, but, if they keep playing like this, they are toast.
                          Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                          -Fred Shero

Comment

If the Habs eliminate both Ovechkin and Crosby Bettman will probably relocate them to Winnipeg.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              If the Habs eliminate both Ovechkin and Crosby Bettman will probably relocate them to Winnipeg.
                              He'll send then to New Orleans because he thinks it would be a good market to expand into.
                              Twitter: DanMountSports
                              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Maxim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X