Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite App? (iPhone, Droid, etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your favorite App? (iPhone, Droid, etc)

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post

Haven't found a sports widget that I like yet.
    Have you tried Sportstap? I don't use the widget too much, but the notifications are great. You get to set your favorite teams. It's not exactly real time, but close enough.

Comment

I have a BB Storm. (love it, by the way, never have had a problem that can't be attributed to drunken stupidity or fixed with a battery pull)

Bolt - internet browser that is faster and easier to use than the BB Browser
      Weatherbug - gives me real time weather info on the main screen without opening the app
      StormSlider - simulates the slider screen lock for iphone
      QuickPull - battery pull app
      One Touch Flashlight - uses camera flash as a flashlight, very handy, and very bright
      iheartradio - streams any Clearchannel radio station
      Google Maps - i like the google version better than the pre-loaded map app
      Poynt - kinda like a yellow pages app, but with more info and capability
      Pandora - music
      Flickr - photo uploads
      Shazam - tells you the name of the song that is playing
      YouTube - ....
      nRange Golf GPS - golf gps software
      BerryUnitConverter - unit conversions
      teslaBerry - no point really, just a simulated teslacoil
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Anyone know of an android app that lets you sync email and calendar to outlook (rather than online google apps).

I know, I know . . . there's a Blackberry for that. I got an Android phone, anyway.
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by pardonme View Post
          I think android apps are tied to your google email address, so you would be able to just redownload it on your new phone. Unless you have it on some other platform and then you can just ignore this.
          You are correct, that is why when 2.1 comes out for the HTC Hero in May (or June depending) even though it will wipe your phone everything will be saved via your google address. The Droids and Androids are all google phones.

I forgot I have an NES emulator on my phone...I play Mario Brothers and Tetris old school style and Legend of Zelda...TRI FORCE BABY!
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
            Anyone know of an android app that lets you sync email and calendar to outlook (rather than online google apps).

I know, I know . . . there's a Blackberry for that. I got an Android phone, anyway.
            Which phone do you have? Here is the message board I go to to find the answers to stuff like that.

http://androidforums.com/android-phones/
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Is there an app that I can use to make individual text sounds or do all incoming texts have to be the same on the Droid?

I hope not because having everyone the same incoming text sound is incredibly boring!!!
              This space for rent... cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by UNH '00 View Post
                Is there an app that I can use to make individual text sounds or do all incoming texts have to be the same on the Droid?

I hope not because having everyone the same incoming text sound is incredibly boring!!!
                Can't you modify individual contacts' ringtones, alerts, etc.? I can do it on my Black Berry.
                "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UNH '00 View Post

You can customize the sounds for individual contacts using the Handcent SMS app for Android 2.1. I just installed it last night and I've spent a good 2 hours customizing all the options.
                  MICHIGAN STATE
                  1966:1986:2007

Comment

What I really want to do is change facebook's notification sound. It's the same as my text message notification and it really annoys the heck out of me that I can't change the facebook sound.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      What I really want to do is change facebook's notification sound. It's the same as my text message notification and it really annoys the heck out of me that I can't change the facebook sound.
                      Actually, that reminds me: is it possible to get Facebook to stop sending me push notifications to my iPhone? I decided that they're just not all that important, especially since they're also sent to my email and get to my phone that way as well.
                      Cornell University Men's Hockey
                      NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                      Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                        Actually, that reminds me: is it possible to get Facebook to stop sending me push notifications to my iPhone? I decided that they're just not all that important, especially since they're also sent to my email and get to my phone that way as well.
                        Yeah. Go to settings -> Notifications -> Facebook
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                          I *think* you can do it by adjusting your settings on Fb. But given how often Fb changes its settings, etc., it may not last, since I tend to lose it everytime Black Berry has a new update.
                          "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

Yeah. Go to settings -> Notifications -> Facebook
                            Hmm, that might do it. I kept looking within the Facebook app on the phone and maybe that wasn't the right spot.
                            ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                            Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

No "might" about it. You can also change it in: Settings -> Facebook -> Push Notifications.
                              Code:

Comment

No "might" about it. You can also change it in: Settings -> Facebook -> Push Notifications.
                                Looks great, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X