X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grinding Away..Things that grind your gears, part three

Originally posted by jen
    In honor of my last day next to clearing throat lady, I present a list of things that grind my gears about her.

5. when she got back from europe last year, she answered the phone in italian for a few weeks
    JFC. I would have been fired if I sat next to her and she pulled that self-important, look-at-me-I-spent-a-week-in-a-foreign-country-and-now-I'm-one-of-them, crap. Seriously, I would have lost it. I hate those people.

Re: Grinding Away..Things that grind your gears, part three

11 killed in car accidents in MN last week

Most of them involving teenagers. Alcohol and text messaging appear to play a role in at least two of the accidents. One of the teens who was drunk and driving, their mother was in the car with them. Now that's good parenting.

These types of stories make me sick. Where are the parents (Besides the one sitting next to her drunk child driving her home)? I feel bad for the families, but I'm also angry at the lack of responsibility by these kids and their parents. This number of fatalities should not happen, not in one week's time.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post

Most of them involving teenagers. Alcohol and text messaging appear to play a role in at least two of the accidents. One of the teens who was drunk and driving, their mother was in the car with them. Now that's good parenting.

These types of stories make me sick. Where are the parents (Besides the one sitting next to her drunk child driving her home)? I feel bad for the families, but I'm also angry at the lack of responsibility by these kids and their parents. This number of fatalities should not happen, not in one week's time.
      I don't care how good you've gotten at it.

I don't care if you even think that you can do it safely.

Anyone who is texting while they drive should be shot out of a cannon. Or stuck in an elevator with Justin Bieber, Gilbert Gottfried and Snooki.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Seeing all of these stories has been terrible. Plus a new one just today where three were killed in Dakota County. Not sure if the one today was included in that count.

Not to mention, the prior weekend saw a rash of motorcycle related deaths.

I'm not sure what it's going to take to get through to some of these kids who have been involved. It's gotta stop.
        04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
        USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
        I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
        Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
        I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

https://www.giftlandofficema*****/im...0sweetcorn.jpg

Seriously... who the hell do you think you are? You are not creamed corn. You taste like corn that's been drenched in water. You suck.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Apparently, it's not over, yet...

3 killed in Dakota County crash; another killed on I-35

No word yet on the age, gender or hometowns. Uff-da
            Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
            Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

The Holiday Inn in St Paul (by the X).

I was told that you can book rooms 50 weeks in advance. So I go online, see the dates are open for the F4. Can't book 'em. Ok, so I call the reservation manager there. She tells me:

Rooms will be made available in late May
              You have to prepay for the room, and it's a 3 night minimum, and it's non-refundable.

So 'ewe calls them tonight, and they tell her that they are all booked up, no rooms available.

Horrible.

But we both got rooms at the Crowne Plaza, so it's not so bad anymore. But I'm still p*d off at the Holiday Inn. What a *ing circus/scheme they have going there.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

I was told that you can book rooms 50 weeks in advance. So I go online, see the dates are open for the F4. Can't book 'em. Ok, so I call the reservation manager there. She tells me:

You have to prepay for the room, and it's a 3 night minimum, and it's non-refundable.

So 'ewe calls them tonight, and they tell her that they are all booked up, no rooms available.

Horrible.

But we both got rooms at the Crowne Plaza, so it's not so bad anymore. But I'm still p*d off at the Holiday Inn. What a *ing circus/scheme they have going there.
                Its a Holiday Inn, what did you expect? Be happy you got in at the Crowne Plaza, I was there a few months ago and its very nice. Just be sure not to take a truck if you plan on parking in their ramp. I swear the height limit in their ramp is like 6 feet. We watched a guy try to get in with his Expedition and wedge it in the entrance. Made my day.

Comment

Horrible.

Let me know what your plans are for that weekend. I'm planning on getting a room down there too, and I think shirtless is in on it too. I'm guessing you guys are full, so maybe we should just see if we can grab another room in the same place as you guys.

We were going to try priceline, but they may have figured that out, so it wouldn't work.
                  Its a Holiday Inn, what did you expect? Be happy you got in at the Crowne Plaza, I was there a few months ago and its very nice. Just be sure not to take a truck if you plan on parking in their ramp. I swear the height limit in their ramp is like 6 feet. We watched a guy try to get in with his Expedition and wedge it in the entrance. Made my day.
                  noted for future reference...
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by redheadzeb View Post
                    Apparently, it's not over, yet...

3 killed in Dakota County crash; another killed on I-35

No word yet on the age, gender or hometowns. Uff-da
                    16 dead over the past 8 days.

http://www.startribune.com/local/eas...PQLanchO7DiUss

It's just sad.

Comment

Horrible.

Tell me you didn't actually call the hotel- but the 800 number...

Never, never, ever call the actual hotel for a H.I. reservation.

We did that once, and they hung up on us, so I called the 800 number, and got a room (it was the only one in the area- I told the manager about the "incident" and he denyed it- so we just don't travel there anymore).

I'd bet that we could call H.I., use the g-rate, and get a room in 8 months from now for the FF...

Comment

Would it be wrong for me to just have someone off-ed 'cause he's a waste of space, life, and there is no one that values him?

Ok, I know it would be wrong. But I still don't think anyone would miss him.

Perhaps he could just retire so I don't have to deal with him anymore. He's 65 and senile, why won't someone just force him into retirement already?
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                          Would it be wrong for me to just have someone off-ed 'cause he's a waste of space, life, and there is no one that values him?

Ok, I know it would be wrong. But I still don't think anyone would miss him.

Perhaps he could just retire so I don't have to deal with him anymore. He's 65 and senile, why won't someone just force him into retirement already?
                          Jacques Lemaire? He's retiring already, give the guy a break.

I keed, I keed...

Comment

People with earbuds in while driving. There is no way you can be aware of your surroundings while wearing them.

Comment

Originally posted by JuveGG24 View Post
                              People with earbuds in while driving. There is no way you can be aware of your surroundings while wearing them.
                              I've seen that a lot around here lately. And I'm pretty sure its illegal in Minnesota.

Comment

Working...
                              X