This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grinding Away..Things that grind your gears, part three

So our fair city of Minneapolis is seeing an upswing in murders after a downward trend over the past several years. Now the mayor, who used to brag about how he turned the city around (how's that working out now, R.T.?) is chiming in with his thoughts on what's causing the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Geoffrey Fieger grinds my gears. Back to getting his usual camera time with the three local stations now that he suddenly has a major case again.
      Yup. Everytime I see him or his evil female counterpart Gloria Allred, I immediately hope for the client to spend the rest of his days in the slammer. Instinctual. These two ambulance chasers deluxe give the legal profession a bad name, and that's an enormous accomplishment.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
        this product goes on my list of crap americans spend money on while complaining about the economy and lack of money for necessities

also on the list:
        fatheads
        tanning
        fake nails
        Even when the economy was good I never got the point of paying for tanning.

(I don't know what fatheads are and I won't pay for fake nails, but I understand why some people do. )
        Orginally Posted by Sloe Gin - Legal is the Queen of the board.

Race Diva and "Ruler of the South"

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1
        I must say that I was impressed by the amount of alcohol she coud handle.

Originally posted by Markt
        That almost lifts the sadness of realizing just how far out of my league Legal is. Almost.

Comment

Spelling is just too **** hard.

So let's picket the national spelling bee, trying to lobby a complete overhaul of our language.

Froot? Enuf? Are you kidding me? I swear people won't be happy until every single person in this country is a drooling idiot incapable of doing anything for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post

So let's picket the national spelling bee, trying to lobby a complete overhaul of our language.

Froot? Enuf? Are you kidding me? I swear people won't be happy until every single person in this country is a drooling idiot incapable of doing anything for themselves.
            "slow" should be "slo," ? ***. Don't people pronounce the "w" in slow?

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
              You can't expect logic from people who aren't literate.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                wow, I can't believe the board censors W T F. That is pretty lame.

Comment

Domino's Pizza.

The franchise closest to my work had a deal today (1-topping larges for $5.99), so we ordered a bunch.

I'll admit that the pizza actually has improved, but there was one major problem: both of the sausage pizzas had no cheese on them. Literally, no cheese. Just sausage, sauce and dough.

The glass-half-full person in me is thinking "Well... at least they cooked it".
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

It would have been ten times funnier if it was Westboro.

God hates schwas.
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

This is nothing new. For many years Colonel McCormick, as publisher of the Chicago Tribune, insisted on similar spellings. I don't recall them all, but the paper regularly spelled "clue" as "clew" and other wierdness.
                      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                        This is nothing new. For many years Colonel McCormick, as publisher of the Chicago Tribune, insisted on similar spellings. I don't recall them all, but the paper regularly spelled "clue" as "clew" and other wierdness.
                        Teddy Roosevelt wanted to simplify spelling. Congress shot him down.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Being told I can't use my kitchen because my roommate is making cookies.
                          Always a Wildcat...
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...00.html?hpt=C2

i couldn't get through the first sentence...
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...00.html?hpt=C2

i couldn't get through the first sentence...
                              Here's something. If I wanted to eat a plant, I'd eat a plant. If I want to eat meat, I'm going to eat meat. No reason to disguise the plant as meat, I'll just eat lettuce and call it a day.

We have meat-eating teeth for a reason, and it's not to look pretty. Our bodies are designed to digest meat and a lot of nutrients in meat, surprise, we need. A couple friends of ours, who are vegetarians, wonder why they've been getting sick all the time. I dunno, because you're depriving your body of something it needs? Just a thought.

Save a plant, eat a vegan.
                              sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
                              streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
                              TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeybando View Post
                                Here's something. If I wanted to eat a plant, I'd eat a plant. If I want to eat meat, I'm going to eat meat. No reason to disguise the plant as meat, I'll just eat lettuce and call it a day.

We have meat-eating teeth for a reason, and it's not to look pretty. Our bodies are designed to digest meat and a lot of nutrients in meat, surprise, we need. A couple friends of ours, who are vegetarians, wonder why they've been getting sick all the time. I dunno, because you're depriving your body of something it needs? Just a thought.

Save a plant, eat a vegan.
                                *****http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/bigpot6.jpg******
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X