Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patriots' Offseason: Last Days of the Dynasty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patriots' Offseason: Last Days of the Dynasty?

That looked like a team that knew what it was doing today. They attacked on offense and played good D for much of the game, backing off to prevent the big play as the game went on (see Houston, who went for the knockout blow against Indy and gave up a long TD pass late).

They are still paper thin defensively and there are still plenty of questions, but that was a nice win. Chung, who played mostly on ST last season, was all over the place. McCourtey looked good and Butler looked okay, I thought (Reiss lists him as a "thumbs down" but I think that's hasty).

And the special teams has the potential to be so much better this season. Think of all those close games last year and then factor in 8 yards here and 12 yards there on ST, and maybe it becomes a different story. They covered well and they returned well.

In other news, the Colts won't be resting their starters at 14-0 this year, and the Raiders (Pats have their first-rounder in '11) and Panthers (Pats have their second-rounder in '11) both lost.

Really good day overall. They need to go 8-7 in the next 15 games to meet my 9-7 prediction. Speaking of that, I guess we should start an in-season thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Netman View Post
      I am not upset about the Moss comments. All that I heard over and over was I want a new contract. He just used different words.
      Me neither. The guy wants a contract here. And he thinks the media are f_kin idiots. On the first point I can understand; on the second he's 100% correct.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Yep, Moss' comments weren't controversial at all IMO, but it will be overblown by the blowhards...especially that ********* Felger.

Great performance today...didn't see that coming.

Comment

Pats trade Maroney to Denver. Compensation TBA.

Comment

Not too surprising. Would like to think he'll garner at least a fourth or fifth, right?

Murrell never cleaned out his locker yesterday, so if it's a pick they get back, they'll probably add Murrell right back onto the roster.

Comment

Schefter says NE gets Denver's fourth-round pick in 2011 and Denver gets New England's sixth-round pick in 2011.

Pretty lousy first-round pick, and the way they handled him could've probably used some improvement as well. Watson is the only first-rounder I recall being close to as big a bust in the Belichick era.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason A View Post
                Schefter says NE gets Denver's fourth-round pick in 2011 and Denver gets New England's sixth-round pick in 2011.

Pretty lousy first-round pick, and the way they handled him could've probably used some improvement as well. Watson is the only first-rounder I recall being close to as big a bust in the Belichick era.
                EXCELLENT! I really like how they're clearing out dead wood veterans this year (Burgess, Woods, Alexander, now Maroney). While I understand two of those guys were special teamers, you can only give a roster spot to mediocre players for so long before its time to give someone else a chance. If Maroney had anything to show the Pats, he would have done so already. I'm surprised they got a pick for him, but whatever.

Wondering if there's an RB in their sights for the draft next year with that Raiders pick.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I've always had high hopes for Maroney but the guy can't seem to get it together. He'll probably be great for Denver
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I would expect the Patriots to go d-line with the first of their first round two picks - I am sure they will trade down at least once before using that pick. I expect they will look running back in the second round for the "better value".

Forgot to add the link: http://www.patriotsdaily.com/2010/09...running-backs/
                    Last edited by CarlS; 09-14-2010, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X