Soundgarden: Reunited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soundgarden: Reunited

They announced a while ago they were getting back together, and they're also headlining Lollapalooza in August in Chicago. What you may not have known is that they played a show in Seattle tonight under the band name Nudedragons (anagrams anyone?)

I think I would've sold a body part to be at this show.

1. SPOONMAN
    2. GUN
    3. SEARCHING WITH MY GOOD EYE CLOSED
    4. RUSTY CAGE
    5. BEYOND THE WHEEL
    6. FLOWER
    7. UGLY TRUTH
    8. FELL ON BLACK DAYS
    9. HUNTED DOWN
    10. NOTHING TO SAY
    11. LOUD LOVE
    12. BLOW UP THE OUTSIDE WORLD
    13. PRETTY NOOSE
    14. OUTSHINED
    15. SLAVES AND BULLDOZERS

ENCORE BREAK

1. GET ON THE SNAKE
    2. BIG DUMB SEX
    3. WAITING FOR THE SUN-(Morrison) “Doors” cover
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Re: Soundgarden: Reunited

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
    I think I would've sold a body part to be at this show.
    Me too, but sadly I'm nowhere near Seattle. 35 bucks to see them would've been a steal.

For me, the only glaring omissions I can think of right away from that set list are "Jesus Christ Pose" and "Fresh Tendrils", but I wouldn't have complained at all (I also would've liked to hear "I Awake").

That one leans toward the pre-Superunknown years, which is cool.

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Now I have Pretty Noose stuck in my head.

That must have been an amazing show!
      Originally posted by Skeeterman
      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

First Alice in Chains and now Soundgarden?

Next somebody will tell me they brought Cobain back from the dead and Nirvana is getting back together.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
          First Alice in Chains and now Soundgarden?

Next somebody will tell me they brought Cobain back from the dead and Nirvana is getting back together.
          Soundgarden getting back together at least was realistic since everyone in the band is alive. Once Cornell got other music out of his system, you had to know this would happen. I'm glad they are getting it back together, gives me another chance to see them... Hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            That one leans toward the pre-Superunknown years, which is cool.
            Most of what they played tonight was heavy on early stuff. Hell, "Hunted Down" was on the Screaming Life/Fopp EP, their first recording.

Comment

Once Cornell got other music out of his system...
              Like hip-hop?

Note: A couple songs from Scream (other than "Two Drink Minimum") have grown on me.

Comment

Ear candy for us poor folks who couldn't score tickets to the Showbox concert (let alone fly out to Seattle at the drop of a hat ). This is as good an audio bootleg as you're going to find:

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ceLsm8qsHMw&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ceLsm8qsHMw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Most of the set list is now up for listening.

Comment

Glad they're back together, and as others here have suggested, not a huge surprise.
                  First saw them as an opening act for Gn'R at the Target Center in 1992.

Comment

Sweet find with the audio. Cornell's voice doesn't totally have it (how could it, anyhow?) but the band sounded mighty good. I hope they do a little bit of touring aside from Lollapalooza.

Comment

Sweet find with the audio. Cornell's voice doesn't totally have it (how could it, anyhow?) but the band sounded mighty good. I hope they do a little bit of touring aside from Lollapalooza.
                      I listened to most of the audio that was available. It seemed to me that he saved what vocal stamina he has left for the older crowd favorites. Nothing To Say was pretty solid as well.

Still, I think he sounds better than he did on that first Audioslave album.

Comment

Working...
                      X