This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Obama XI: Turn And Face The Strange

ok ok so they didn't "give" us slavery, but they defended it to the death.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

and the "conscience of the Senate" former KKK member Senate Byrd.
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
        Don't forget which side was the only one voting against the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

That's forgivable though, since it was LBJ who said upon signing it "I'll have those (n-word) voting for us for 100 years." Never knew LBJ was a teabagger.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

and the "conscience of the Senate" former KKK member Senate Byrd.
          I think that was Teddy Kennedy.

Comment

I also liked when McConnell said he thought Obama didn't have much of a negro dialect.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
              I also liked when McConnell said he thought Obama didn't have much of a negro dialect.
              You're thinking of Harry Reid.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                You're thinking of Harry Reid.
                No, no, no. See, I thought it was Harry, then I realized only Republicans and Tea Partiers could say racist things, so I realized it had to be Mitch.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                  No, no, no. See, I thought it was Harry, then I realized only Republicans and Tea Partiers could say racist things, so I realized it had to be Mitch.
                  Oh that's right. My bad, you had to have been right then. Duh. I feel foolish, which is a rarity.

Comment

I'd venture to say one glaring difference between Republicans and Democrats is that Repubs want everyone to have the same rights as laid out in the Constitution, while Democrats want more rights for certain classes of people. Affirmative Action and Title IX back in the 70's laid the groundwork for the perceptions of each party as they stand today.
                    Bruce Ciskie > PA

Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

Blizzard Drinking: Duluth's Answer to Gulf Coast Hurricane Parties

Comment

• Re: Obama XI: Turn And Face The Strange

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                      Duh. I feel foolish, which is a rarity.
                      You mustn't have very many mirrors in your house then.

PS - Its too easy to get you guys riled up.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Plante26 View Post
                        I'd venture to say one glaring difference between Republicans and Democrats is that Repubs want everyone to have the same rights as laid out in the Constitution, while Democrats want more rights for certain classes of people. Affirmative Action and Title IX back in the 70's laid the groundwork for the perceptions of each party as they stand today.
                        That would be okay if it were true, but I'd go further and say that the GOP is not about limiting government, but rather giving those who's social policy they agree with the right to impose their will, through government imposed legislation, on those who disagree with them. Abortion, contraception, gay rights, etc.

For example, living here in Mass the state hasn't forced anybody into an unwanted same sex union. What does happen is all of the citizens, equally, have the lawful right to decide what union they'd like to engage in. That is truly treating everyone equal, and more to the spirit of your post. Oh, BTW, Mass is by and large Democratic in nature.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          That would be okay if it were true, but I'd go further and say that the GOP is not about limiting government, but rather giving those who's social policy they agree with the right to impose their will, through government imposed legislation, on those who disagree with them. Abortion, contraception, gay rights, etc.

For example, living here in Mass the state hasn't forced anybody into an unwanted same sex union. What does happen is all of the citizens, equally, have the lawful right to decide what union they'd like to engage in. That is truly treating everyone equal, and more to the spirit of your post. Oh, BTW, Mass is by and large Democratic in nature.
                          From a conservative standpoint, abortion is more an argument about equal rights for the unborn (as in not being offed in the womb).

Contraception isn't an issue. The issue is when school leaders start handing out condoms and BC pills to minors without parental consent.

And marriage isn't listed as a right anywhere in the Constitution. Sorry, try again.
                          Bruce Ciskie > PA

Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

Blizzard Drinking: Duluth's Answer to Gulf Coast Hurricane Parties

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            You're confusing Conservatives with Republicans.

and yes, I know there are "social" conservative who want their mandates
                            "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." - Frederic Bastiat

Comment

But who is "they"? The 1860 election result looks eerily like the red state/ blue state divide of today. The party names have switched, but it's the same fight: country mouse vs city mouse.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by MinnFan View Post
                                You're confusing Conservatives with Republicans.

and yes, I know there are "social" conservative who want their mandates
                                Don't confuse the poor boy more than he is already.

Comment

Working...
                                X