X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Obama XI: Turn And Face The Strange

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I would think that even the most over-the-top Obama supporter here would agree that Obama leveraged the irrelevant "cool vs uncool" tactic more effectively than any nominee since JFK, absolutely.
    Because God knows he didn't leverage anything of actual substance. HOPE! CHANGE! PROVE YOU'RE NOT A RACIST!
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      Because God knows he didn't leverage anything of actual substance. HOPE! CHANGE! PROVE YOU'RE NOT A RACIST!
      "Kick the bums out" is always of tremendous substance. It happened to be far more substantial with that bunch of bums.

And I'll see your "Hope" and "Change" and raise you a "Morning in America" and a "Compassionate Conservatism."
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        I would think that even the most over-the-top Obama supporter here would agree that Obama leveraged the irrelevant "cool vs uncool" tactic more effectively than any nominee since JFK, absolutely.

The left's central casting is for George Clooney; the right's is for John Wayne. Both myths are spectacularly irrelevant and very effective among certain demographics.

Calling Bush "cool" is a gross misreading of the history of cool. Bush vamped "A Man of the People," but he's about as cool as Howard Cunningham.
        I thought Clinton was the first real 'cool' president with the sax (that's with an 'a') playing on Letterman...

And I'd put Bush more in the Potsie Webber demographic
        I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Obama awards $568M "no-bid" contract to Halliburton

Somehow I don't think we're going to see the same level of outrage by the MSM.
          "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." - Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Originally posted by MinnFan View Post
            Obama awards $568M "no-bid" contract to Halliburton

Somehow I don't think we're going to see the same level of outrage by the MSM.
            BLAME BUSH BLAME BUSH BLAME BUSH

Comment

Working...
            X