Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009-2010 NHL Playoffs Part 1: How will the Sharks screw it up this time?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 NHL Playoffs Part 1: How will the Sharks screw it up this time?

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    For those watching this on NESN - did you see that stat??? Of the 4 games, they've been trailing 139+ minutes and only leading for 19 minutes, tied for 100+ minutes. That's insane.
    They've given up the first goal in every game so far, and come back in the third twice against a team that hadn't let that happen all season.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
    -Fred Shero

Comment

Not sure if this has been posted, but:

The jelly jar hit the wall in the visiting dressing room at the Wachovia Center hard, smashing into bits and leaving chunks of goo on the designer suits belonging to the Devils players.

The incident itself was not a surprise. Given the poor effort late in Game 4 and the 3-1 deficit to a Flyers team that barely made the postseason, a few of the players probably wanted to trash the place themselves.

But the source of the flying jam was not in a uniform. It was a furious Lou Lamoriello who punctuated a tirade at the coaches by grabbing the jar off the postgame spread and hurling it to its sticky end.

The mess was cleaned up before most of the players got out of the nearby locker room, according to several people around the team who did not want to incur the team general manager’s wrath by talking about it.

The message, however, was obvious to everyone: Lamoriello had built this team with a fourth Stanley Cup championship in mind, not an unthinkable third straight exit in the first round.

The results in this series are not merely shocking. They are unacceptable to the man in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
        They've given up the first goal in every game so far, and come back in the third twice against a team that hadn't let that happen all season.
        Well, yes, I know that as I've watched all of them. But to see that stat on the screen.....it's pretty impressive. You just don't, well, I don't, think of it in those terms.

Comment

Ave Miroslav Satani!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            But the source of the flying jam was not in a uniform. It was a furious Lou Lamoriello who punctuated a tirade at the coaches by grabbing the jar off the postgame spread and hurling it to its sticky end.
            Sorry, but this is all I'm picturing:

*****http://randazza.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/crybaby.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Well, yes, I know that as I've watched all of them. But to see that stat on the screen.....it's pretty impressive. You just don't, well, I don't, think of it in those terms.
              True. It's been a pretty crazy series.
              Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
              -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                Ave Miroslav Satani!
                The headline on NHL.com is Miro worship.

Those guys are gutless.
                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post

Those guys are gutless.
                  That was my first thought too. Those web content people need some balls.

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post

Those guys are gutless.
                    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    That was my first thought too. Those web content people need some balls.
                    Hehe, if you're going to go for it. Go for it!

At least for the late night crowd; you can always change it in the AM when the kiddies wake up and go to NHL.com
                    Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
                    Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

A team from Buffalo screwing the pooch? I haven't seen that happen before.
                      Twitter: DanMountSports
                      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                        OMHG HOMEAWG
                        OMG!
                        Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          Well said.
                          I was possessed?

Comment

Vancouver's short hand is rotten.

Comment

and ovechkin being a tool

Weak

Prob scared the crap out of that kid

Comment

The Kings have scored on 6 straight power play opportunities and are >60% on the power play in this series. Ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X