Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009-2010 NHL Playoffs Part 1: How will the Sharks screw it up this time?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009-2010 NHL Playoffs Part 1: How will the Sharks screw it up this time?

Just because it's still funny:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=761620
    Old Monster Records

Re: 2009-2010 NHL Playoffs Part 1: How will the Sharks screw it up this time?

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post

Talk about sandbagging.

Comment

That's easier on the eyes than the entirety of the fear the fin blog switching over to "Palin goalie mask" avatars.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post

Funny as all hell. Especially since I have a few friends that live in San Jose.

Post your first round predictions!

Capitals over Canadiens in 5

Flyers over Devils in 7

Bruins over Sabres in 6

Penguins over Senators in 5

Sharks over Avalanche in 6

Blackhawks over Predators in 4

Canucks over Kings in 5

Coyotes over Red Wings in 7
        UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

Devils win it all.

Been saying that for the last 17 years or so, so why stop now?
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Devils win it all.

Been saying that for the last 17 years or so, so why stop now?
            Your odds are better since Carolina imploded in the first half of the season.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              Your odds are better since Carolina imploded in the first half of the season.
              Why you gotta say stuff like that?

Although, while I like the chance at taking out the *Flyers, their season series scares me.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Every series in the West has upset potential. Nashville will give Chicago fits. I'm disappointed we don't get yet another round of Sharks-Preds though, that was becoming goofily traditional. If the Sharks lose to Colorado I'll be officially at a loss for words for everything that has to do with them, an easy pass to the second round is gift wrapped for them, Colorado is gassed.

LA v. Vancouver is going to be hilarious to watch the Canucks have fits with the Kings. The Coyotes have to be very annoyed they're drawing Detroit. They do give Detroit fits at times, but Detroit has played this kind of team repeatedly in the playoffs (ie: Dallas). We'll see what the Yotes have in them.
                R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                  If the Sharks lose to Colorado I'll be officially at a loss for words for everything that has to do with them, an easy pass to the second round is gift wrapped for them, Colorado is gassed.
                  Agreed - no excuse for the Sharks to return that gift. If anyone can screw it up though, it's probably them.

Originally posted by UNH GH View Post
                  Funny as all hell. Especially since I have a few friends that live in San Jose.

Post your first round predictions!

Capitals over Canadiens in 4 (Habs will make Threeorfour look competent, but my bet is that he's benched in the second round)

Devils over Flyers in 6 (Brodeur's star is fading, but the Flyers will spend too much time in the penalty box and won't win the series unless Boucher puts together a miraculous performance)

Sabres over Bruins in 6 (Boston's hope for an upset lies mainly in the play of Rask)

Penguins over Senators in 5 (Duh, though it could take longer if Fleury doesn't clean up his act)

Sharks over Avalanche in 5 (and if they lose the series...)

Blackhawks over Predators in 6 (the Preds should give the Hawks fits, but Chicago theoretically has too much depth)

Canucks over Kings in 5 (though if Ro8erto 7uongo shows up in more than one game of this series, it'll be a lot more interesting)

Red Wings over Coyotes in 6 (because I can't pick against my own team . However I will say if it goes back to Phoenix for a 7th game, I would lean towards the 'Yotes pulling it out. Of course, if Howard goes Legace on us...)

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Devils over Flyers in 6 (Brodeur's star is fading, but the Flyers will spend too much time in the penalty box and won't win the series unless Boucher puts together a miraculous performance)
                    Yeah, I can't see it going less than 6 games.

Also, related, is this Marty's last year? I really thought that if they won it last year, he'd retire. They didn't, so he came back. However, how many "if they win it" years are left?

IMO, if it ain't this year, it will be next year.

Comment

Capitals over Habs in 5. Too many weapons for Washington and while the game scores are likely to be close, Montreal can't score enough (even against Theodore) to offset Washington's offense, even if Halak is at his best. Also, Theodore is Quebecois, which means he'll play 10 times better than he usually does since the opponent is Montreal. The Habs only see underachieving francophone players when they wear red at the Bell Centre.

Devs over Flyers in 6. Even playing one of the lowest-scoring offenses in the NHL, I just don't see Boucher being able to win a series from a better (and stingy) Devils team.

Sabres over Bruins in 6. Neither team can score, but Buffalo has more offensive capabilities. I'd take Boston against a different team perhaps, but I don't think a guy with no playoff experience should be counted on to outduel a guy who has played in plenty of pressure situations before. And that's the only way Boston wins here: if Rask outduels Miller. Boston's got plenty of heart and will make this a good series, but I don't think they have enough goals in them to win.

Penguins over Senators in 5. Just can't see the Pens losing here, even to an impressive overachieving Sens team.

West later.....

Comment

Caps in 5
                        Devils in 6
                        Sabres in 7
                        Sens in 7

Sharks in 5
                        Blackhawks in 6
                        Canucks in 6
                        Red Wings in 5

Comment

No love for the Kings here man. Aren't the Canucks still missing half their defenseman? I think that series has potential to go to 7. It all comes down to whether or not Quick has figured out how to play goalie again yet.

Comment

Washington 4 Montreal 1
                            New Jersey 4 Philadelphia 3
                            Boston 4 Buffalo 2
                            Pittsburgh 4 Ottawa 0

San Jose 4 Colorado 1
                            Nashville 4 Chicago 2
                            Vancouver 4 Los Angeles 1
                            Detroit 4 Phoenix 0
                            Last edited by Kepler; 04-12-2010, 10:05 AM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Tampa Bay cleans house, firing its head coach and GM.

Onto the Predictions!

Washington in 5 (bye bye Habs!! )

New Jersey in a boring 6

Boston in 7

Pittsburgh in 5
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

San Jose in 4

Chicago in 6

LA Kings in 7

Detroit in 7
                              Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                              1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                              2006-2007: 15-24-2
                              2007-2008: 20-20-4
                              2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X