Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009-2010 NHL Playoffs Part 1: How will the Sharks screw it up this time?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009-2010 NHL Playoffs Part 1: How will the Sharks screw it up this time?

Originally posted by Eagles View Post
    1. Edmonton Oilers
    2. Boston Bruins
    3. Florida Panthers
    4. Columbus Blue Jackets
    5. New York Islanders

I can live with that. Welcome to Boston Taylor/ Tyler!
    Chiarelli fleeced Toronto. Turned a #5 overall pick with deficiencies into a #2 overall pick and additional picks (I believe Toronto's 2nd this year and 1st next year).

Still have a good core of young players led by Rask and Krejci and a couple elite veterans in Savard and Chara. If only he'd stop giving out contracts like he did to Ference...

Comment

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DoPd93ErmhE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DoPd93ErmhE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385">
      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Bodog's playoff odds:

Washington Capitals 7/2
        Chicago Blackhawks 9/2
        San Jose Sharks 11/2
        Pittsburgh Penguins 6/1
        Vancouver Canucks 15/2
        Detroit Red Wings 8/1
        New Jersey Devils 12/1
        Buffalo Sabres 20/1
        Phoenix Coyotes 22/1
        Los Angeles Kings 28/1
        Ottawa Senators 33/1
        Boston Bruins 33/1
        Montreal Canadiens 35/1
        Nashville Predators 40/1
        Philadelphia Flyers 40/1
        Colorado Avalanche 50/1

I'd take the Wings at 8-1.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
          Bodog's playoff odds:

Washington Capitals 7/2
          Chicago Blackhawks 9/2
          San Jose Sharks 11/2
          Pittsburgh Penguins 6/1
          Vancouver Canucks 15/2
          Detroit Red Wings 8/1
          New Jersey Devils 12/1
          Buffalo Sabres 20/1
          Phoenix Coyotes 22/1
          Los Angeles Kings 28/1
          Ottawa Senators 33/1
          Boston Bruins 33/1
          Montreal Canadiens 35/1
          Nashville Predators 40/1
          Philadelphia Flyers 40/1
          Colorado Avalanche 50/1

I'd take the Wings at 8-1.
          I like the Wings and the Devils (the Devils bet is actually an unbiased bet. 12-1 as a number 2 seed in the east with PIT/WAS????)
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            I like the Wings and the Devils (the Devils bet is actually an unbiased bet. 12-1 as a number 2 seed in the east with PIT/WAS????)
            Yep, those two jumped out at me as being good as well. LA isn't a horrible long-shot bet either, since they just posted an 8-spot on Ro8erto last week, and they won't be a cakewalk, on paper, for Vancouver.

Comment

If I had too much money to play with, I'd put $100 on both the Wings and the Devils. For laughs, I might throw $50 down the drain on the Canucks after a few drinks.

Good thing I don't have the money.

Comment

EAST:
                Caps in 4
                Devils in 5
                Sabres in 6
                Sens in 7
                ---
                Caps over Sens in 5
                Sabres over Devils in 7
                ---
                Caps over Sabres in 5

WEST:
                Sharks in 4
                Blackhawks in 7
                Kings in 7
                Wings in 5
                ---
                Kings over Sharks in 6
                Blackhawks over Wings in 6
                ---
                Kings over Blackhawks in 6

STANLEY CUP FINALS: Caps over Kings in 5.
                Originally posted by Jon
                You call everything.

Comment

Thrashers make two smart moves, follow it up with a colossal mistake.
                  http://thrashers.nhl.com/club/news.h...id=DL|ATL|home
                  The Atlanta Thrashers have promoted Don Waddell to President and Rick Dudley to General Manager, according to Co-Owner Bruce Levenson. The team also announced that it will not retain Head Coach John Anderson and Assistant Coaches Randy Cunneyworth, Todd Nelson and Steve Weeks. In his new role, Waddell will focus primarily on all business aspects of the organization, and as General Manager, Dudley will be responsible for hockey operations.
                  Sad to see John Anderson let go after giving two seasons worth of effort in turning around the team. I would have at least kept them one more year to see what type of team Dudley could field for them.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

How does Waddell get a promotion? Are the Thrashers actually owned by Clear Channel where wasting money gets you moved up the ladder?
                    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

EAST

#1 Caps over #8 Habs in 5
                      #4 Pens over #5 Sens in 6
                      #6 Bruins over #3 Sabres in 7
                      #2 Devils over #7 Flyers in 7

#1 Caps over #6 Bruins in 4
                      #4 Pens over #2 Devils in 7

#1 Caps over #4 Pens in 5

WEST

#1 Sharks over #8 Avs in 6
                      #5 Wings over #4 Coyotes in 7
                      #6 Kings over #3 Canucks in 6
                      #2 Blackhawks over #7 Preds in 5

#6 Kings over #1 Sharks in 6
                      #2 Blackhawks over #5 Wings in 6

#2 Blackhawks over #6 Kings in 6

STANLEY CUP CHAMPION
                      Chicago Blackhawks in 7
                      Last edited by Twitch Boy; 04-14-2010, 12:23 PM. Reason: lol, the Flyers suck so much they get beat twice
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                        How does Waddell get a promotion? Are the Thrashers actually owned by Clear Channel where wasting money gets you moved up the ladder?
                        I... I... I don't know. I'm just as confused by this as everyone else. I may have a bit of a soft spot for alumni of my University, but even I was to the point where I wanted Waddell fired. Instead he gets promoted even HIGHER into the organization.

If they're going to take a page from the Blackhawks, they should have made Waddell an "Ambassador of ________" and hide his ãss in some office away from Dudley. Not give him the corner suite.

I'm more enraged that John Anderson finally had given the Thrashers consistency and direction in what he wanted his players to do for him and this organization. Now, that's been ripped away.

And I'm still ticked that it took Slava Kozlov 20 years to finally figure out that the Devils play the fu**ing trap (the post I made a few pages back).
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          I... I... I don't know. I'm just as confused by this as everyone else. I may have a bit of a soft spot for alumni of my University, but even I was to the point where I wanted Waddell fired. Instead he gets promoted even HIGHER into the organization.
                          Another example of the Peter Principle.

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          I'm more enraged that John Anderson finally had given the Thrashers consistency and direction in what he wanted his players to do for him and this organization. Now, that's been ripped away.
                          Agreed - Andy didn't have a chance and probably should have been given another year.

Maybe Burke will come to his senses - can Wilson NOW and hire the former Maple Leaf winger.
                          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Oh hell, why not

Washington over Montreal in 5
                            New Jersey over Philly in 6
                            Buffalo over Boston in 5
                            Pittsburgh over Ottawa in 6

Washington over Pittsburgh in 6
                            Buffalo over New Jersey in 7

Buffalo over Washington in 6

---------------------------------------
                            San Jose over Colorado in 5
                            Chicago over Nashville in 5
                            Vancouver over Los Angelas in 6
                            Detroit over Phoenix in 6

Detroit over San Jose in 6
                            Chicago over Vancouver in 6

Chicago over Detroit in 6

-----------------------------------

Buffalo over Chicago in 6

The Hossa Curse lives on!

*****http://photos.upi.com/Sports/22dca2a3b4f78f27b0717e2645be9270/2008-NHL-Stanley-Cup-Final.jpg******

*****http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0441/1920/103545_cropped.jpg******
                            Last edited by bronconick; 04-14-2010, 04:57 PM.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Go Sens Go

Comment

Chris Kelly? You can't stop him. Hell, you can't even hope to contain him.
                                sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Working...
                                X